Contact us

УКРАЇНА - Ukraine 2010 - Alyosha - Sweet People

how do you rate the entry?

• Total voters

AlekS

Veteran
Re: ??????? - Ukraine 2010 - Alyosha - Sweet People

Is it supposed to? :)
Because it didn't work with Loboda as well (it didn't work with anybody, to be honest) :lol:

They will start shooting the video on the next week. The director of the video will be chosen really soon.
The album will be released after ESC.

evilperson

Ukraine is definitely and outsider this year and I wont be surprised if it ends up qualifying. It can attract many votes if she gives a good and memorable performance on the night sort of like Russia last year.

amigo

I've been to a fortune teller. That's what she said..."I can see a good and memorable performance from an Eastern European country with a touchy song which contains words of love and wisdom, strength and pain, the perfomer is addressing sweaty..ooops sweet people of Eurovision and is talking about shine, shine, shine and raining gold good old times replaced now with football and olay olay life style. 'What for?' :D

AlekS

Veteran

^ I dunno. Maybe this is the radio version, it's gonna be premiered next week I assume.
Nope, it's not ESC version. Eurovision.tv posted different lyrics.
I like the rock version more.

DIFF

This version is called LIGHT version. And a song for ESC is called a dark one. :D She was choosing between them, and decided to take the dark one for Eurovision.

Milos-BC

Is the "dark" version available somewhere? :lol:

Btw, this one is also growing on me :D

AlekS

Veteran

Milos-BC said:
Is the "dark" version available somewhere? :lol:
The dark version is on the 1st page.

Dark version:
[youtube:uefijudl]_N3ukLLtgIU[/youtube:uefijudl]

Light version:
[youtube:uefijudl]CchfankuNz8[/youtube:uefijudl]

As for live performance. She has jazzy manner of singing (even though it's pop/rck/blues). She sings how she's feeling in the particular moment, she likes improvisations. + she said that they are trying and analizing different ways of performing this entry.
She said that she was vocally exhausted (because of huge work in the studio) while singing Sweet People on NTU and Shuster Live one week ago but she's already managed to have some rest. Obviously she will pay attention to her vocals (though imo she already had gr8 vocals on Shuster).

DIFF

It was in her interview to 1+1 channel, she said that they created 2 versions, firstly she wanted to take a light version, coz it is more typical for Eurovision and it is more uptempo, but than she decided to make a more rocky version, and created this dark one, she says that it is more deeper and sensible, and it is not a ballad, it is a mid slow song with a very deep message. And after a disscussion with Arfush they decided to choose a dark one, even despite the fact that it is not a format for ESC. :roll:

amigo

the dark version sounds better to me. Appeals to my darker side :twisted:
Is she good at singing live?

Milos-BC

The dark version is much better.

I'd vote for this one.

6 points for that one

AlekS

Veteran

Judging from the Shuster Live performance. Imho, she has the most powerful "screamy" vocals, maybe not so melodic but it's powerful for sure. Live vocals make this song alive while the studio version is lifeless, imo. Again, they just "rehearsed" currently cuz she needs to adjust/find the right way of performing it live.
As for NTU performance (in a beatiful dress)... she was visibly tired after coming from the studio (physically and vocally) but she had no choice cuz they had to shoot at least some video. As the result Shuster performance was better than NTU cuz she had 2 days to recover.
Imo, they will decide everything in the end of April and we will get the final conception in the beginning of May. As always :lol: we suck really hard in the beginning and then we are gonna improve things.
Comparing to Loboda... it's totally opposite. It's not about the show, it's more about vocals and the song itself, though I think that there will be some interesting footage on the LED screens.
Personally, I'm happy that they are experimenting (I didn't even expect the 2nd version, lol, even though I like the 1st one more).

Yes, the Dark version is the final one (at least according to eurovision.tv).

Starting from April 11th NTU is gonna air special TV shows dedicated to Eurovision 2010 (with invited guests discussing ESC 2010 entries). 11:30, local time.
+ they show 10 min. promo ads of every ESC 2010 participant daily (with 2 re-runs in the same day).
++Eurovision 2003 (our 1st year) will be re-aired this Saturday.

AlekS

Veteran

- NTU will re-air ALL Eurovisions starting from ESC 2003 (every Saturday).

- According to the vice-president of NTU they search for sponsors. So far they will spend more than 300k$ (just like Verka). They are creating the costume for ESC currently, also they are preparing for shooting the music video.

- Alyosha said that she will take a rest because she wants to relax her vocal chords.

- She will go to Moscow on April 18th where she's gonna perform in the Kremlin concert venue.

AlekS

Veteran

Ukrainian performers (including Potap & Nastya, Para Normal'nyh and Alyosha) decided to promote the new fashion collection of Andre Tan in very unusual way :lol:

4_23.jpg

8_4.jpg

9_3.jpg

Konstantin Meladze supported Alyosha and hinted that maybe "VIA Gra" band will participate next year or in 2012 :D

Thorvald

Comparing to Loboda... it's totally opposite. It's not about the show, it's more about vocals and the song itself, though I think that there will be some interesting footage on the LED screens.

Not in Oslo. There won't be any LCD screens there from what I heard. Very simple staging.

Top Bottom