Contact us

УКРАЇНА - Ukraine 2010 - Alyosha - Sweet People

how do you rate the entry?

• Total voters

AlekS

Veteran
Re: ??????? - Ukraine 2010 - Alyosha - Sweet People

A-lister said:
This song would be a better choice.. if this is new and with a video.. why didn't they just went for this one instead? :roll:

They could have just made a shorter version for ESC that's all

EDIT: Oh now I just noticed why this wouldn't work as it would be considered plagiarism again considering the parts that are the same as in the Potap&Nastya song :lol:

Anyway I like this one
lulz, it wouldn't be considered as plagiarism simply because she wrote that part for Potap & Nastya :lol:
She collaborated with them, she sang with them, she toured with them etc. She also composes for many performers.
Her sample for Potap & Nastya was released in the beginning of 2009 so they recorded the (new) English version of that song ... but it was rejected because they wanted to choose something in the same genre with To Be Free, Sweet People was chosen instead cuz it has similar mood and social lyrics as well. I think both songs are fine but they are different. Ty Uidyosh also differs (imo) from our previous ESC uptempo entries, I agree that it could be a nice option.

A-lister

Veteran

^
When it comes to ESC rules it doesn't matter who wrote what, what matters is if there has been a song released prior with the same melody, so for that reason it would be considered plagiarism.

Well if it was released in the beginning of 2009 it would have broke the October 1st rule anyhow.

Anyhow it's a quite good song and I like the video, although I prefer the Potap&Nastya song though.

AlekS

Veteran

^ nope, it would be considered as her own sample given to other performers.
In any case the song was re-recorded so if it was chosen EBU would allowed it anyhow.

I'd prefered them all 3 on ESC :lol: :shock:

A-lister

Veteran

AlekS said:
In any case the song was re-recorded so if it was chosen EBU would allowed it anyhow.

But sample yourself would be considered plagiarism according to ESC rules aswell. Actually it doesn't matter who released it or who composed it, if the ESC song resemblance an already released song too much, it is considered plagiarism to those rules.

Yes if it was re-recorded without that part it would have worked... pity it wasn't chosen

aletem

A-lister said:
AlekS said:

But sample yourself would be considered plagiarism according to ESC rules aswell. Actually it doesn't matter who released it or who composed it, if the ESC song resemblance an already released song too much, it is considered plagiarism to those rules.

Yes if it was re-recorded without that part it would have worked... pity it wasn't chosen
So Ronan Keating's song for Denmark last year was a plagiarism as well!? :eek: :mrgreen: :lol:

A-lister

Veteran

aletem said:
A-lister said:
AlekS said:

So Ronan Keating's song for Denmark last year was a plagiarism as well!? :eek: :mrgreen: :lol:

Ehm what do you mean?

ESC2010

Well, I`m actually very sorry for you, Ukraine. The song is indeed nice. But I`m afraid that all the fuzz about your entry will ruin your chances this year. But, hey, let`s think positively and hope for a top ten anyway. Good luck, Ukraine! ;)

DIFF

To be honest it is for first time (but for 2005) I understand that Ukraine has no chances to win. :| :x

amigo

I think Ukraine screwed it already and no song will save the country :))
It is a shame though as I would like Ukraine to do well.

PashonFrut

this song is amazinG,especially the lyrics ..... I don't know why it is sooo underrated. I've also seen Alyosha's live performance of this song where she was wearing a dress and none of that heavy mascara stuff and she looked gorgeous. She shouldn't put that black stuff under her eyes.

sapsan

PashonFrut said:
this song is amazinG,especially the lyrics ..... I don't know why it is sooo underrated.
Thank you for positive impression. I can't understand it too :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
One of the best songs :? :idea: but too many people who ignore or dislike it somehow. :cry: And I'm very disordered because of it.

I like her voice and the music, but somehow I find that the words don't match the music. I expected something more agressive.

LadyKiller

Banned

sapsan said:
PashonFrut said:
this song is amazinG,especially the lyrics ..... I don't know why it is sooo underrated.
Thank you for positive impression. I can't understand it too :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
One of the best songs :? :idea: but too many people who ignore or dislike it somehow. :cry: And I'm very disordered because of it.

I think that most people don't even judge the song, they judge the country fot the way they chose the song. That really sucks. :evil:
If you see what most people write, it's "ooohhh poor Ukraine, the way you picked up the song and all the scandals and stuff, there's no way the song can make it". I don't understand why they even bother.

It's a pity because the song is awesome but what I wrote above is exactly the reason why it's so underrated.

wittgenstein

this is better than people think. but it could get a bit more dark to be really interesting.

AlekS

Veteran

The music video will be shot in Chernobyl (zomg, just like I predicted :shock: ).

4cf2ac429179c9a5f089d5195f1786fa_full.jpg

1209648108_yahooeu_ru_1.jpg

She will be alone on ESC stage (though it's not decided yet) in a beautiful aerial green dress.

wittgenstein

AlekS said:
The music video will be shot in Chernobyl (zomg, just like I predicted :shock: ).

She will be alone on stage (though it's not decided yet) in a beautiful aerial green dress.

sounds perfect to me. although green is a bad choice.

LadyKiller

Banned

OMG, Aleks, that gave me the creeps but it feels so right for the song. :shock:

PashonFrut

Chernobyl would fit this song very well :shock: Greeen is a symbol of peace and eco, plus my favourite colour!!!!!! :eek:

This looks very promising :!:

sapsan said:
PashonFrut said:

Sapsan, it is for the same reasons that Ladykiller named earlier. People are searching for something to judge and they have found a spot on a beautiful painting. To me this song has a meaning ... perhaps it is too dark for ESC, because it is not a typical esc song,but no doubt it will be appreciated.

AlekS

Veteran

She will be in Amsterdam on April 24th on the annual ESC party =)

I assume that the video will be premiered on April 26th.

DIFF

AlekS said:
She will be in Amsterdam on April 24th on the annual ESC party =)

I assume that the video will be premiered on April 26th.

It won't help her. :roll:

Top Bottom