УКРАЇНА - Ukraine 2010 - Alyosha - Sweet People

how do you rate the entry?

• Total voters

A-lister

Veteran
Re: ??????? - Ukraine 2010

sapsan said:
A-lister said:
This new management is just as hypocritical and their favoring of Alyosha is just as bad as the Vasyl selection if not even worse.

Whoever say this is more legitimate is just trying to make up excuses.

The new management are equally bad and just a bunch of hypocrites. Afterall this was just a show-off to show who was the "new leaders in town", now it is proved it had NOTHING to do with what they officially blamed the past management for. The choice of Alyosha at the moment is just as corrupt.

This cheater should be kicked out! She even knew her song broke the rules. Gosh why favoring her? And now the song would have nothing to do with public choice at all.
Problem is that there wasn't enough time to learn every song in details. New management is not bad. They all did right. Alyosha was choosen by most of people. She is the best. (Jury chose another performer besides.) And I believe new song will be much better. I'm very thankful to them for their desicion to change Lazarovich and not to change Alyosha I hope next year they will organize new NF with televoting again.

These are just lame excuses because you happen to like the artist or whatever.

People vote for songs firstly, the SONG was chosen not her, and afterall this is a SONG contest and not an ARTIST contest. She cheated and she even knew it and she wasn't even the best from the get go so one can speculate if she was the people's choice anyhow... but still.

It's clear the new management is favoring her and it is equally as bad as the Vasyl choice.

So what if the new song will be better? The public had no say in that choice for sure. I also supported the choice to change Vasyl, but it doesn't make this choice any better at all!

The new NTU management is doing the exact same thing they blamed the old one for.

IF they actually listened to the people and followed some fair and logic behavior, they would have let the closest runner up voted by the people to win. Then the people atleast had some say in the song chosen, now nothing.

Schlagerman1

Relax people, I get a feeling the discussion may go a bit over board here.

I agree that it is not the best choice of letting Alyosha compete for Ukraine, but since the time is too short and they want to follow the peoples choice I can see that NTU really wants to send Alyosha. Nothing can be done now, NTU just wants to find a quite good song for her to be sent to EBU and that can compete in ESC.
Let's hope that Ukraine can make a real NF with no problems next year! :)

AlekS

Veteran

Schlagerman1 said:

I agree that it is not the best choice of letting Alyosha compete for Ukraine, but since the time is too short and they want to follow the peoples choice I can see that NTU really wants to send Alyosha. Nothing can be done now, NTU just wants to find a quite good song for her to be sent to EBU and that can compete in ESC.
Finally, someone who thinks like me :oops:

The only thing I care about is the entry.
They showed how they can perform on Saturday. It was more than enough for me. I would gave her a chance.
If they choose someone else it would be also unfair towards televoters who chose Alyosha and Masha Sobko. I mean all options would be unfair. So in this particular situation it's better do not upset people even more. I'd rather choose the best performer rather than the best song. The best performer can save even the most primitive song (like Shady Lady or Dancing?) . I also hope that next year we are gonna have stable rules and deadlines so entries could be checked in time and they could have more time in order to prepare. Because right now it's a total mess.

aletem

What has been done, has been done. :) No matter how faulty that looks like, we can all just look forward for the entry. I hope her new song will be nice. I don't want a too rockish song, but rather something memorable. So, I like something different than the song she sang few days ago. :mrgreen: 3rd lucky time!

A-lister

Veteran

Schlagerman1 said:

If they had so little time and wanted to follow the people's choice they would go for the closest runner up from the final and not this... then they already would have songs ready to pick from (no need to spend time find some new right?) and also the people had some say in the song choice (now nothing)... so that's totally against logic.

Now they are just favoring Alyosha. People's choice? Yeah right... more like NTU's choice... They totally ignore that people voted for SONGS and I highly doubt this win was fair in the first place and now it seems obvious.

AlekS

Veteran

^ people voted for BOTH - songs and performers. It wasn't a radio show.
I'm 100% sure that she would won with any song from her album.
Also Mattias (3rd place, the one who had to go according to your logic) supported Alyosha.

A-lister

Veteran

AlekS said:
^ people voted for BOTH - songs and performers. It wasn't a radio show.
I'm 100% sure that she would won with any song from her album.
Also Mattias (3rd place, the one who had to go according to your logic) supported Alyosha.

Yeah it wasn't a radio show... and Alyosha's presentation was so great? Give me a rest.

She cheated, she knew it, people vote firstly on songs (if you're not obsessed with SF acts that is, then songs doesn't count)... now NTU is giving this cheater special treatment and totally ignore the public votes.

I just see excuses from people who likes her. Well this choice is equally as bad as the Vasyl choice in my book and no excuse will change that.

AlekS

Veteran

^ so if we like it we are automatically wrong? and only people who dislike her are right?
no comments.

btw, Barskih, Stereo and Valevs'ka, their producers and songwriters supported Alyosha as well.

Schlagerman1

A-lister said:
Schlagerman1 said:

If they had so little time and wanted to follow the people's choice they would go for the closest runner up from the final and not this... then they already would have songs ready to pick from (no need to spend time find some new right?) and also the people had some say in the song choice (now nothing)... so that's totally against logic.

Now they are just favoring Alyosha. People's choice? Yeah right... more like NTU's choice... They totally ignore that people voted for SONGS and I highly doubt this win was fair in the first place and now it seems obvious.

Since when has NFs been fair :p Belarus selection is always unfair. Is really MF that fair, there SVT chooses artists and songs that haven't even been sent to MF in the first place. Is it fair to choose a famous songwriter in UK to write their entry when they have many compitent songwriters in that country, both famous and unfamous. I can give you more examples but I stay there. :p

NFs will never be 100% fair and ESC will certainly not be that either, how much we still want it to be!

A-lister

Veteran

AlekS said:
^ so if we like it we are automatically wrong? and only people who dislike her are right?
no comments.

btw, Barskih, Stereo and Valevs'ka, their producers and songwriters support her as well.

So if they support her is legitimate? Well I think for myself and not for the opinions of others.

No, you can like what you want... but doesn't change the fact that she cheated and that now the voters had no say in the song pick and I meant that you're just trying to legitimate the choice since you like her.

Even if I liked her, I would still say the same thing!

A-lister

Veteran

Schlagerman1 said:
A-lister said:
Schlagerman1 said:

Since when has NFs been fair :p Belarus selection is always unfair. Is really MF that fair, there SVT chooses artists and songs that haven't even been sent to MF in the first place. Is it fair to choose a famous songwriter in UK to write their entry when they have many compitent songwriters in that country, both famous and unfamous. I can give you more examples but I stay there. :p

NFs will never be 100% fair and ESC will certainly not be that either, how much we still want it to be!

Your point being?

The new management made a new NF on the false promise that they wanted a fair selection, now they are acting similar as the old management so therefor bunch of hypocrites... this is the problem here.

We all know there's corruption and unfair stuff going on in other selections, but this topic is about Ukraine and the whole situation is crazy since the new management acted like they were some angels sent to "save this from unfair choice" and now they are doing the same thing.

AlekS

Veteran

on a side note: Boris Aprel' is gonna prepare for ESC 2011 with an opera singer Olena Hrebenyuk (the winner of the 1st Eurovideo Song Contest).

Schlagerman1

A-lister said:
Your point being?

The new management made a new NF on the false promise that they wanted a fair selection, now they are acting similar as the old management so therefor bunch of hypocrites... this is the problem here.

We all know there's corruption and unfair stuff going on in other selections, but this topic is about Ukraine and the whole situation is crazy since they new management acted like they were some angels sent to "save this from unfair choice" and now they are doing the same thing.

My point where that life overall isn't fair and even if we like it or not, the NFs and even ESC will never be as fair as we want it to be! :)
I know NTU (and other broadcasters too) has a lot of hypocrites, but what can we do about it. Ukraine is a big failure this year, that I agree with you, but an ESC without Ukraine would be sad, since they have had 4 amazing entries in a row and their worst placement is 20th! Some say neighbour voting, I put in that they've had some simply amazing songs. Now things are as they are and nothing is left to do, give Alyosha a song so we can move on and start prepare ourselves for Oslo 2010! :D

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

I personally understand both sides on this one. There is no denial that the Ukrainian selection was the messiest and i'm sorry to say, the least professional one.
It rubbed people the wrong way (myself included) and it's okay to voice your opinion and disagreeing with the procedure.

At the same time, it is up to those responsible for the selection process to come up with a song. However they do it, we're not the one to cast the first stone, this is not the first time this happened and I guarantee you it won't be the last time.
Remember, Sakis in 2004??? That was pretty shady......and there are countless other incidents we could refer to.
The point I'm trying to make is that calling for Ukraine's disqualification is not really justified because in the end it's up to the broadcaster to decide. We can call it unfair, crappy and unprofessiona it won't change the fact that this is how it works.

The thing that bothered me is that the EBU extended the deadline for them but at the same time this is not the first time this happened before (remember UK 2007?).

So it is okay to disagree with the way things were handled (I sure will ;0) but don't just judge the country as a whole for this.

A-lister

Veteran

Schlagerman1 said:
A-lister said:
Your point being?

We all know there's corruption and unfair stuff going on in other selections, but this topic is about Ukraine and the whole situation is crazy since they new management acted like they were some angels sent to "save this from unfair choice" and now they are doing the same thing.

My point where that life overall isn't fair and even if we like it or not, the NFs and even ESC will never be as fair as we want it to be! :)
I know NTU (and other broadcasters too) has a lot of hypocrites, but what can we do about it. Ukraine is a big failure this year, that I agree with you, but an ESC without Ukraine would be sad, since they have had 4 amazing entries in a row and their worst placement is 20th! Some say neighbour voting, I put in that they've had some simply amazing songs. Now things are as they are and nothing is left to do, give Alyosha a song so we can move on and start prepare ourselves for Oslo 2010! :D

I always support Ukraine and it's one of my favorite countries in ESC. I never said I wanted them to withdraw because of this or anything like that.

But the situation is really weird. It's not just that it's unfair and corrupt like we've seen in other countries, is that we have a change of NTU management who is basically saying that they will have a new NF to make it fair, and then they go and do the same thing themselves. It's quite ironic actually.

AlekS

Veteran

Ukrainian entry not delivered in time, EBU imposes fine

Today, Monday 22 March 2010, marks the official deadline of participating broadcasters to officially deliver their entries for the 55th Eurovision Song Contest to the European Broadcasting Union (EBU). However, Ukrainian public broadcaster NTU has informed the EBU that they are, at the moment, unable to deliver a complete entry. As this is in breach of the rules of the competition, the Reference Group of the Eurovision Song Contest decided to impose a regulatory fine, and an additional fine for every next day after the deadline that no entry has been received by the EBU.

http://www.eurovision.tv/page/news?id=1 ... poses+fine

They say March 29th for some weird reason though our officials said no longer than March 26th.
The fine will be paid by sponsors. People of Ukraine won't spend any single eurocent.

A-lister

Veteran

^
And all this for this cheater!? gosh she must really mean something to someone in the new management...

They could have skipped the fine and just did the right thing in the first place; send the closest runner up with a song not breaking the rules!

But this girl is soooo important for them...

Right now even the Vasyl choice looks more legitimate, atleast the people were presented a choice of song.

AlekS

Veteran

^ for f---s sake :evil:
People prefer her in times more than Lazarovich. She could overpass him even if she sang his song :lol:
In any case I'm happy that we chose her :D

A-lister

Veteran

AlekS said:
^ for f---s sake :evil:
People prefer her in times more than Lazarovich. She could overpass him even if she sang his song :lol:
In any case I'm happy that we chose her :D

So because you like her suddenly the public choice means nothing... but since you disliked Vasyl the public choice means everything...

yeah yeah

now the Ukrainians had no say in the song choice and we have this little princess who is very close friend with someone :twisted: so they even take the fine for her...

Top Bottom