Contact us

УКРАЇНА - Ukraine 2009 - SVETLANA LOBODA - BE MY VALENTINE

AlekS

Veteran
Re: ??????? - Ukraine 2009 - SVETLANA LOBODA - BE MY VALENTINE

94ayd said:
That was a joke but the woman really reminds me of Svetlana. :lol:
4ril :lol:
Red hair, REALLY white face, naked body...

owgigi

It's also similar in that it's HIGHLY camp , the men stand on either side of her, there's that huge metal cage stage prop , and it's not JUST Roman centurions, they're oiled up with uber shiny helmets!

By the way, this video is on British Pathe's website called 'Saudi Arabia and French Lido Show' - you have to flick through :) :)

AlekS

Veteran

^ how come a cage (it's not even a cage) is similar to the circle? :?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

ParadiseES

Well, people who were here last year will know my opinion.
I think this was big CRAP, she didn't sound well live and this proved that performances with 3283283293 elements (some of them with no sense) don't work anymore in ESC.

The Roman soldiers were quite interesting though :p

MyHeartIsYours

ParadiseES said:
The Roman soldiers were quite interesting though :p

Yes they were!!! In fact, more than interesting!!! ;) xgay xgay

Stella

She rocked the stage last year!
And I liked one more thing from her:
[youtube:2rjpwsut]d34jCcUfXM4[/youtube:2rjpwsut]

CC92

I just 're-discovered' that one. Well, what I can say. I still love the GORGEOUS ESC performance. We need stuff like that back in ESC (please, Ukraine!!). But I slightly prefer the national final's arrangement (soundwise).

A-lister

Veteran
The Anti-Crisis girl is back! Yes, it's Svetlana Loboda who represented Ukraine in 2009 and said she would save the world from the crisis. See her new video for the song Na Svete now!

http://www.eurovision.tv/page/multimedia/videos?id=39323

I really like this song and video! It's cool, one of her best.

Actually I still find her '09 entry underrated. There was alot of effort put in that show (and I think effort should pay off) and I personally actually liked that song aswell.

I'll prefer a messy/wicked dance-pop tune with a cool stage show over some generic boring ballad with an even more bored singer anyday!

2009 was the last year with big stage shows because it seems (here it comes again) the juries doesn't appreciate such efforts, which is a shame because ESC should also be about entertainment. People call it "tacky" or "gimmicky", well now we have to sleep through ESC instead so I dunno what's better.. but that's just my opinion.

Anyway Loboda is a great performer, just check out other performances by her, she is world class really.

Don't you think that she has the same character with Lady GaGa . I mean both of them has different POP style, different and funny costumes different songs. Different video clips and stage performances.

ANOTHER SMILARITY : Lady GaGa plays piano on her stage performances, LOBODA plays drums.

They are talanted that's why they are the singers that I love most on this world :)

AlekS

Veteran
^ Loboda also plays sax and piano.

In any case she hinted that 2009 voting was political and she was more interested in Russian votes.
After that she became not a fond of ESC at all (she was really upset when she was in the national jury and other juries didn't vote for her faves).

I didn't think brain cancer felt nice?

Anyways I don't like to joke about such serious things as cancer.
Yeah, it feels nice... until it gets overplayed and you can't stand it anymore.

Even though I have few relatives with cancer I don't mind exaggerations xshrug

Last edited:
Top Bottom