6 3.6%

7 4.2%

9 5.4%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

DirtyFalcon

Realistically. I think a Top 10 is achievable thanks to the juries. Outside a Top 10 would be a disappointment of course because there are clearly more chances for Slimane to do very well with the juries than La Zarra for example. He has more arguments to acheive a very strong jury result. We won't do too bad at the televote as well. There's an audience for this kind of song and even if a lot of people will find the song boring, you will for sure find people who will love his stage presence, voice and the intensity he put on the stage. Those people will vote for him a lot !

I secretly hope our country to sneak into the final Top 5. But the actual Top 4 of the betting odds seems out of reach for me. The 5th spot will be played between Ukraine, Greece, France and a surprise country (which could be Norway, Israel or one of the 2 girl bops Austria or Georgia). The live performance will decide all of that.

soulm8

In my top 3! Absolute love this one! Goosebumps every time I hear him live! ❤️

SirPeterGriffin

It should surprise a total of zero people if this ends up topping the jury score. If they admired that absolute dirge from North Macedonia in 2019 out of nowhere, it's fair to assume this meets their safe and conventional requeriments. This also has the potential to hit with the older generations and earn a respectful result televoting-wise in Marco Mengoni style. He's a beast vocally but i just can't connect with this no matter how hard he tries.

Bobjan FR

I agree soo much on this ! The Eiffel Tower on a french staging at Eurovision appeared only 1 time in 2017 with Alma and this was the only time I believe for the adult contest. In Junior Eurovision, you had Valentina and Angelina only in 7 editions. So only 3 Eiffel Towers in more than 70 participations but people act like we do this every year.

It's weird but it will continue again and again
In 2007 as well

rasmuslights

Veteran
It should surprise a total of zero people if this ends up topping the jury score. If they admired that absolute dirge from North Macedonia in 2019 out of nowhere, it's fair to assume this meets their safe and conventional requeriments. This also has the potential to hit with the older generations and earn a respectful result televoting-wise in Marco Mengoni style. He's a beast vocally but i just can't connect with this no matter how hard he tries.

I usually understand the jury's decisions. But N. Macedonia from 2019... that remains a mystery. Especially with songs like Arcade in the final.

SirPeterGriffin

I usually understand the jury's decisions. But N. Macedonia from 2019... that remains a mystery. Especially with songs like Arcade in the final.
I guess the feminist message? Her facial expressions? Don't like to be too harsh on an underdog country getting their moment in the sun but that song was such a nothing burger...that year in general proved that juries can reach new levels of stupidity.

Paco Roca

If France comes second, what will the winner be accused of:
  1. That he took LSD behind the scenes.
  2. Human trafficking.
  3. Of being part of an alien race 👽 that wants to conquer the world.
Bets are open 💸🤑

P.S.: defining "Mon Amour" at the level of "L'Essenziale" and "Due Vite" is a mortal sin. Personally it's not even the level of "Voilà" and "Tout L'Univers. It's probably closer to "Spaceman" with the only difference being that Slimane is vocally superior to Sam Ryder.

Stankaaa8

Sounds like the frenchiest ballad, but I can’t deny that Slimane has a powerful voice and this song hits you in the feels. The chorus is beautiful! it’s :8: points from me. This could end up in top 5 or even reach first place as the song is very accessible to general public and appeals to jury as well imo.

Magimixer

I followed The Voice edition that saw Slimane win and then he became this constant, slightly annoying radio item with Vitaa. Was never a fan, and also ended up getting tired of him. His song is… OK. But it's trying too hard to fit the vision of "this is the French music every non-French person likes". Luckily, he can sing, because otherwise this song would really be "sans intérêt"…
However, like with Germany and the UK, I'm always hoping for France to do OK, so these countries can have a more enthusiastic view about Eurovision.

Lumina

12 points. Absolutely stunning. What else can I say? Maybe this could be a dark horse for the win. It wasn’t on my radar until now but thinking about it… what if he won the jury voting with a big margin? Loreen-like points, getting almost only 12s? I can absolutely see this happening. And even if he‘s only 4th or 5th in the televote this could be enough because I think the televote winner won’t have much more points than the 2nd and 3rd, thus sharing the points and winning the televote by a small margin only.

strangersarecomin

If France comes second, what will the winner be accused of:
  1. That he took LSD behind the scenes.
  2. Human trafficking.
  3. Of being part of an alien race 👽 that wants to conquer the world.
Bets are open 💸🤑

P.S.: defining "Mon Amour" at the level of "L'Essenziale" and "Due Vite" is a mortal sin. Personally it's not even the level of "Voilà" and "Tout L'Univers. It's probably closer to "Spaceman" with the only difference being that Slimane is vocally superior to Sam Ryder.
About the level of 'Spaceman' ? The song that would have won but for the war in Ukraine. Let's hope so

soulm8

I showed my family some of the favorites this year. They were meh to everything until I put this one! They all loved it, I think this will surprise many to finish top 4!

Paco Roca

About the level of 'Spaceman' ? The song that would have won but for the war in Ukraine. Let's hope so
In my opinion Chanel would have won. Third in the televoting and third in the jury vote in a drugged edition. The United Kingdom, on the other hand, benefited more from the jury's higher vote because it had already been chosen as the venue to help Ukraine host. And also because the UK is anti-Russia par excellence. However, the conspiracy theory holds up. In fact, only one Big Five could have second. Why? Because if, for example, the Czech Republic, an extra-Big Five nation had hosted the competition, the same nation would have acquired the right to qualify for the final. Mathematical calculation:
  • Big Five victory: Italy, Germany, UK, Spain and France + Ukraine (winner) = 6
  • No Big Five victory = Italy, Germany, UK, Spain and France + Ukraine (winner) + Czech Republic (second/host country) = 7
Victory in the Big Five ensured that a controversy would not erupt among the non-Big Five nations.

For me "Spaceman" was a pleasant song (although a bad copy of "Tout l'Univers") with a pleasant staging (but a bad copy of Elton John atmospheres) performed by a lovely guy with a sweet smile that it was the driving force.

Always for me "Mon Amour" is a basic and cliché song elevated by an extraordinary voice. Can he win? Yes because the 2024 edition is noisy. Would he be a bad winner? Yes. I would prefer Italy and Ukraine or at most Croatia or the Netherlands (if the latter does not fail the staging).

Top Bottom