9 4.4%

11 5.4%

44 21.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

SpiritofKeiino

how many and which type of people are likely to have watched the NF and voted? Was it mostly just enthusiastic Eurovision fans or can it give us a glimpse of ordinary people's opinions?
The NF was held on the main talk show in the country, which is aired on a Friday night and usually gets high viewership.

The talk show has a bit of a reputation for being watched by 'grannies' or other people who don't go out on a Friday night. So I'm not sure how representative it is of the whole population, but given the high viewership it's probably as representive as a tv show in Ireland can be.

As for people who voted, I'm guessing it would have given a good glimpse of public opinion in Ireland, as many viewers would be people who tune in every week anyway.

Etanna

The NF was held on the main talk show in the country, which is aired on a Friday night and usually gets high viewership.

The talk show has a bit of a reputation for being watched by 'grannies' or other people who don't go out on a Friday night. So I'm not sure how representative it is of the whole population, but given the high viewership it's probably as representive as a tv show in Ireland can be.

As for people who voted, I'm guessing it would have given a good glimpse of public opinion in Ireland, as many viewers would be people who tune in every week anyway.
that's a good sign. I think that certain countries which have a soft spot for metal could give Ireland some support this year but one never knows with these types of songs

Loindici

Veteran
that's a good sign. I think that certain countries which have a soft spot for metal could give Ireland some support this year but one never knows with these types of songs
I still keep my hopes high for Doomsday Blue. It's one of the more characteristic songs in the lineup and I don't want to lose it in the semi :(

Etanna

I still keep my hopes high for Doomsday Blue. It's one of the more characteristic songs in the lineup and I don't want to lose it in the semi :(
same, and I'm also really excited that Ireland finally sends something daring! I wouldn't want them to feel discouraged from trying to experiment in the following years

SAYAY

This is actually a very big guilty pleasure of mine rn, so changing my score from a 5 to a 10

Cathan

Blimey, the arrogance from yourself is astounding in that reply and some of your others earlier upthread by the looks of things. You seem to be taking it very personally that not everyone agrees with your opinion.

Are you seriously trying to say a poor performance - one of the reasons I highlighted as a potential problem - would not affect Ireland's qualification chances?

Another point I raised was the divisive nature of the song - which it is going by online reactions and this thread's poll - and how it could also play a part in NQing, but again you've dismissed it. Why are you arrogantly saying it won't? Those factors would affect any song, not just Ireland's.

And songs getting votes from lots of countries and a wide range of fans is surely better than just one section of fans? To me, that clearly makes more sense. But obviously not to you...
Nothing personal, just stating reality.

It could be a potential problem, as in it might mean Ireland only finish 9th in the semi rather than 5-6th.

How would it play a part? Unless the viewers at home vote 13-14 times for all the other songs then I struggle to see how it would?

Having a song that gets a wide range of votes works if you have a super strong song, if you are someone like Cyprus, Serbia etc it's actually the opposite affect.

Lance Esgard

The Irish selection process and the typical audience thereof is precisely why this song may not be as divisive as it may appear to be from within the Eurovision bubble.

SpiritofKeiino

Been happy with the pre party performances, this is the first time since 2015 that I have actually wanted our entry to qualify
I'm the same. I actively wanted us to NQ for the last few years. Brooke did a great job in fairness and was so enthusiastic but I didn't like her song. Nice to see Bambie embracing the Eurovision spirit, WY seemed very miserable last year.

Rocket man

I've been sleeping on Bambie Thug, but seeing the videos for their performances from London pre-party, wow they are SAVAGE!

I'm gonna check out more of their stuff. Bambie Thug is surely going to bring Ireland into the final, they are a great artist and I can't wait for their staging.

this is like early Lady Gaga performance, I love it. I would have preferred this for their Eurovision entry though.

Nelisa

this is like early Lady Gaga performance, I love it. I would have preferred this for their Eurovision entry though.

Although her entry is not neccesarly my type of music, this performance once again proves to me that she is one of the strongest vocalists this year. People are sleeping on her and it is so annoying. I need her to Q despite the odds.

Cathan

Although her entry is not neccesarly my type of music, this performance once again proves to me that she is one of the strongest vocalists this year. People are sleeping on her and it is so annoying. I need her to Q despite the odds.
The odds now have her as a qualifier :ROFLMAO:

Annoying, backing Bambie to qualify is the easiest money I'll ever make but now sadly the bookies have woken up it seems.

Top Bottom