8 6.4%

4 3.2%

3 2.4%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

marduk

Serbia needs to change voting system. This 12+12 system is old like a some festival in 2002 and its unfair. But i like both ramonda and gnezdo orlovo. We need some etnic/slavic/balkan elements next year, we wait for you Serbia, you are synonim for etnic balads on esc

Destroyer

Thank you Teya for already making my country proud with the lyrics and just the overall song. Amazing.

Whatever happens in May this is always going to be one of my favorite entries. So happy that is coming from my country.

musicfan

Obviously great. The Isreali song sounds flat and cold compared to this. The rising section sounds familiar like I've heard a similar idea elsewhere, but that's fine because it works here in how it's presented. The climax is kept back well, and it has the confidence in itself to end quietly.

You can nit pick and say another instrument later on may have added to the variety of it, or maybe the very end could have changed to a warmer sound to make it even more a journey, but it's easily one of the best this year. I also like to think the song can have more universal meanings and not only one for Serbians.

ESC94

Today at the ESC kompakt songchecks 2024 - :rs:

The verdict of the bloggers:

Benny - Not a bad ballad, but sadly it´s babbling a bit without a climax. Only at the end there´s a small increase. I like that the song is relatively modern , but the Balkan elements that pop up from time to time could have stood out more for me. :6:

Berenike - I had to warm up first with the song but now I like it a lot. It´s emotionally honest, also due to Teya Doras beatiful deep and slighty nasal voice that doesn´t need any screaming and unnecessary vocal acrobatics. I also like how the song builds up throug a climax due to the use of choir and drums. :8:

Douze Points - Not a Balkan ballad, not an electronic ballad. What´s it instead?? Teya Doras fragile breathing voice drives me crazy. And then this redundant "Lilac ramonda". More than :3: aren´t possible.

Flo - In a year dominated by many fast-paced Teya Dora can probably be a reasonable success. Her performance in the national final has shown that she creates a deep feeling and transports many emotions. With the starting, but not overboarding beat it becomes at the last chorus it becomes well-rounded. :7:

Manu - Beautiful melody, pleasant song structure, nice cultural message and no unnecessary vocal acrobatics - I like "Ramonda". Due to the fact that Serbia starts in the first half of the first semi final, but at least Slovenia and Portugal could appeal to a similar audience in the second half, I don´t rule out the possible fate of of a surprising failure, that for example in 2017 the Finish entry "Blackbird" suffered. Fingers crossed - :7:.

Max - What can I say. A lot of things come together here: A strong and modern Balkan ballad I've been missing for a while now. Plus Teya Dora's special aura totally captivates me. The song has depth. As I mentioned above, Teya Dora sings about the Serbian rock plate, a flower that has great meaning for the country. The song really grabbed me, although ballads actually have a hard time for me. I have no choice: :12:

Peter - This is another entry that demands a strong and memorable staging, since the instant appeal is little and the melody is also more for a musical crawl up. There are four plus points: Distinctive due to the national language, Teyas strong and memorable voice, the fancrowd that´s already there due to "Džanum" and the fact that in 2024 not that many power ballads are competing. :5:

Rick - It´s somehow almost disappointing to get such a "normal" entry entry from Serbia after Konstrakta and Luke Black. On the other side I think it´s good to not always doing the same every year. Teya is a known name in the Balkan nation and you can´t deny her artistical ability. But somehow the song is missing something for me since the chorus is really monotonous. I kinda liked the staging in the national final though. So it´s quite ok but when it comes to qualifying for the ESC final it´s insecure for me. :4:

Last edited:

musicfan

May as well say it as Džanum gets mentioned sometimes but it's nothing like as good as Ramonda which has more of a journey. Džanum in comparison is more of a mood piece.

gigi_copp3

Damn, #2. I'm sleeping so much on this entry, but I'm sure it will qualify: around 22 points are guaranteed because there are Slovenia and Croatia.

Judas

FSC Mod
Staff member
I have just discovered Konstrakta was also competing this year. I can kind of get why she did not make it. Staging was practically the same as 3 years ago, though the song is really catchy and the lyrics are just as humorous. I also found out about the point system of the national final but it falls very flat. It needs some changes to it because that way is not the best to determine the right placing.

blue00eyes

I have discovered "Gnezdo orlovo" and can't believe how it didn't win. And I checked: of course one person from jury ruined the whole voting.

RIP to all NF second place entries that are moral winners [*]

randajad

Veteran
Staging was practically the same as 3 years ago, though the song is really catchy and the lyrics are just as humorous.
That was the point actually. If you're interested in learning more about the song, this vid sums it up pretty nicely - link.

I also found out about the point system of the national final but it falls very flat. It needs some changes to it because that way is not the best to determine the right placing.
I believe I mentioned this earlier, but the current voting format is actually quite common in most local festivals, and RTS has been using it since Beovizija in 2004. However, back then, it was even worse as the televote only held the same weight as one member of the juries. The 50:50 split between televote and jury only became a thing in 2018. There were initial plans to change the format at the beginning of the season to adopt a system similar to Melodifestivalen/Eurovision, where televoting points are allocated based on a percentage system. However, this idea was scrapped, officially, because it was entertained only after the rules were published and songs selected, meaning the rules couldn't be changed. Given the controversy surrounding the Breskvica incident, I doubt the voting format will be changed anytime soon, although I personally would love to see it evolve, perhaps with regional representation similar to what they do in Dora or NMGP.

I have discovered "Gnezdo orlovo" and can't believe how it didn't win. And I checked: of course one person from jury ruined the whole voting.

RIP to all NF second place entries that are moral winners [*]
Even if she received votes from that jury member, they wouldn't be high enough for her to win. She didn't sing well, the performance was bland, uninspired, and boring. Worst of all, she played the nationalistic card despite the song being acceptable apart from the lyrics. For girlies who understand Serbo-Croatian, this video from the same creator perfectly encapsulates the situation - link.

Last edited:
Top Bottom