• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

SpiritofKeiino

Result:

Public: "Meh"

Juries: "WOW!"

Song similar to that of Ingrosso and the same path traced.

For me everything is too generic, soulless and aseptic. I don't see the song and I don't listen good voices... a terrible product.

In general I agree with those who say that Sweden focuses on finished packages (more oriented towards staging) and knows how to present the little it does without flaws and elevate it. However, I would add that without the favorable jury votes, sometimes he would have risked bottom 5 or not won at all.

At the end :0:
Agree, this does even less for me without the cool staging when it comes up in my Spotify playlist.

I don't think this song will go down well with the public at all, regardless of running order. I think it's generic, dull, and the performers IMO are weak despite the high-tech staging.

I really hope the juries don't heavily reward this, for the reasons above.

Paco Roca

Agree, this does even less for me without the cool staging when it comes up in my Spotify playlist.

I don't think this song will go down well with the public at all, regardless of running order. I think it's generic, dull, and the performers IMO are weak despite the high-tech staging.

I really hope the juries don't heavily reward this, for the reasons above.
Unfortunately I think that Sweden as the host country and always the juries' favorite nation will make the Top 10 and throw out a more deserving nation. I see the ghost of Benjamin Ingrosso looming 👻

SpiritofKeiino

Unfortunately I think that Sweden as the host country and always the juries' favorite nation will make the Top 10 and throw out a more deserving nation. I see the ghost of Benjamin Ingrosso looming 👻
Yes I also was reminded of Ingrosso. Gosh he was annoying and I was delighted when the televote killed its chances.

If Unforgettable makes the top 5 jury picks this year then I will be very disappointed.

Citelis

Sweden absolutely deserves to be on juries top3 this year. They have the best staging of the year while the song may not be the absolute masterpiece but it's still good enough.
Juries are not meant to vote the same way t/v does.

aef

I dient like the song very much at the beginning, thought it was to Ingrosso. But in fact I listend to it quite a lot during the past few days and I actually is a guilty pleasure club banger, kinda like :se: 2011. Therefore :se: is among the biggest growers of the season for me - from :5: to :10: points! And it's now my current no. 3 in my overall ranking!

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Discussion a couple pages back about studio vs live and put me down firmly on team "studio clears." It came on shuffle in the Eurovision playlist the other day and I thought to myself that my :1: was probably a couple points too harsh. Went back to watch the live and found my :1: a couple points too generous.

Iker

Veteran
Dont trust them. The Songs were mostly great. I recommend you to listen to these Songs.
IbPGYG0.gif

I'd check those out ASAP on youtube if only I didn't have enough good music that I badly want to listen now.

Lance Esgard

In a way, his ghost is already present in the staging. It haunts those light tubes, which was after all the entirety of Ingrosso's staging.

Judas

FSC Mod
Staff member
It was a meh song at first listen but I gradually grew a liking to it. Very catchy and they do know how to present the song. It will be a great final opener.

Ezio

Veteran
no Nordic entry in the bookies top 10 is a first since 2007 I guess ….

Realest

Benjamins new Single was played in the Gym (SWR3) today. Didnt know he is known here.

Realest

The Gap isnt as huge as we all thought.

GLCZ3XCXwAAuh6x

Realest

I dient like the song very much at the beginning, thought it was to Ingrosso. But in fact I listend to it quite a lot during the past few days and I actually is a guilty pleasure club banger, kinda like :se: 2011. Therefore :se: is among the biggest growers of the season for me - from :5: to :10: points! And it's now my current no. 3 in my overall ranking!

2 / 12

The type of song I don't need to hear again

@Iker How can you like these 2 Comments at the same Time? This should be impossible.

HarryUK

Veteran

So Marus & Martinus performed on UK TV the other day and I had no idea lol

A) Is Blue Peter still going (???)
B) They do realise that Eurovision doesn't have the age categorised voting like Melfest does right??
C) Huge opportunity missed to actually promote the song to bill paying adults lol

DonHamstre

It's so polite of the Swedes to give up their host spot for a second Norwegian act!
Listened this on repeat for a while and it has such a good vibe to work on. Not my absolute favorite, but still host-worthy.

diabedon

I still have some of the songs (Air, Six Feet Under, Never Give Up) on my playlist. I want more musical diversity. Different genres, more swedish language. But overall Sweden is really good. Air would've probably been a Top 5 entry, too. Six Feet Under a Top 10 or at least Top 15 entry.

Top Bottom