5 4.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

martin

As usual people underestimate Moldova

Never underestimate Moldova!!!
Good point and i would be really surprice if not Natalia Barbu and her team going to upgrade this performance.

The NF performance was not amazing, but we all know Moldova always are much better on Eurovision.

MojVoda

Good point and i would be really surprice if not Natalia Barbu and her team going to upgrade this performance.

The NF performance was not amazing, but we all know Moldova always are much better on Eurovision.
Correct. Moldova invest all their ebu funds the general pubic's votes. The can carry that with an improved staging. Moldova will qualify from its semi final and get a midtable in the end. Too many people has been sleeping on Moldova over the years.

blue00eyes

Natalia Barbu was one of my favourites back in 2007 when I first watched Eurovision and I always wanted her to come back and will always support her.

The current song is underwhelming not half as strong as "Fight", there is a concept here and ideas but the final product seems unfinished and too amateurish for Natalia.

I hope they'll keep the clones of Natalia on the stage and add some lights and maybe mirrors and do something interesting visually with it. Even vocals show off can be done better. Moldova is good at staging do I hope they will elevate the song to make it a qualifier.

henhu

Tbh I don't think it is as chanceless as people think. 2nd half of semi-final 1 is probably the weakest ever. I think it has enough elements to appeal to Eastern-European voters. Sadly of course, it doesn't even come to close to her 2007 entry which was one of my favorites.

ESC94

Today it was time for :md: at the ESC kompakt songchecks 2024.

The verdict of the bloggers:

Benny - The song annoys me a lot in the studio version, but in the preselection Nathalia and her muses clearly had the best package as a whole and Moldova is known for getting the most out of their songs on the ESC stage. All in all it´s not a song I need to listen to all the time though. :4:

Berenike - The track doesn´t convince me that much in the studio verson, sounds like any electro song there. But live with the in synch women ensemble and the many violins I didn´t fint it that bad. If the strings and the slightly folcloristic are more in the foreground the song works better right away. :5:

Douze Point - Let´s start with the positive: Nathalia sings like a one and the staging with the artists who are all dressed the same is best arthouse. Problematic is the song though that doesn´t get me for a single moment. Sometimes the lyrics feel kinda screamed. The violines sound like someone is fiddling with a saw blade. And then the coloratura approaches to the finale. For me this is all too much done on purpose. :3:

Flo - So Moldova is focusing on female pop strengths, which certainly worked at the ESC. “In The Middle” seems very heavily produced and not very authentic though, and the chorus only makes things better to a limited extent. However, given the composition of the first semi-final, Natalia could end up on the lucky side and thus continue Moldova's track record of recent years. :4:

Manu - Was Gracia (:de: 2005) only missing a violin for a better placement?? That's what you might have thought when Natalia Barbu achieved a great tenth place two years later with the musically similar “Fight”. This year, Natalia's song title also says it all: A mid-tempo stomping beat, a somehow existing well-sung melody and a half-hearted folkloric rhythm, over which a sound carpet of string instruments was also laid. The appearance in the preliminary round is static, but also so special that the well-inclined viewer follows it. :5:

Max - It's not bad, but it's not really something that blows me away either. Moldova often does this for me, especially in recent years. But I still really appreciate the entries because they always represent the country very well. However, Natalia's progression to the final is not a given. It is quite possible that the Romanian diaspora will concentrate on Moldova this year! Who knows. :5:

Peter - I can already make up my mind that the elegant production stands out over the mediocre title, which has been given a modern touch with the electro synthesizer. Natalia looks great, the runaway-style, midriff-baring Five Divas production has a strong visual immediate fascination, but the song performance is too penetrating for me and unfortunately difficult to get better while listening to it. :6: including distinctive surcharge.

Rick - Al by itself a really cool electro number from Moldova that particularly convinces me in the chorus. But since the twins will be on stage for Sweden in the semifinals directly after Natalia, she should come up with a strong staging. If that doesn't happen, "In The Middle" could get buried. There are also deductions for Natalia's English, which personally bothers me in some places. Especially the verses would certainly be stronger in Romanian. :6:

empo21

Veteran
After the preparty I'm seeing so many comments on tiktok going "omg her vocals!" Which makes me think that a lot of people never paid attention to properly check out this entry or the nf performance.

The potential to surprise Q is rising imo

Top Bottom