12 7.5%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

empo21

Veteran
La Noia has been so consistent in the rankings despite being one of the earlier songs to be selected, that I feel like it's going to end up winning the whole thing.

mup

From the news, it seems that 3.5 million votes were cast during the final night of Sanremo 2024.

All those multiple SIM cards bought and money spent in votes by Neapolitan supremacists and teenagers... :censored:

nudiecrudi

That cut is just harmless.
The song is still there.
Same excellent job as Marco, Mahmoud and Maneskin have done, cutting only few lines without denaturating the song.
I heard that podcast where the italian journalists were saying it's rumoring that maybe one of the producers was willing to add some Spanish words but I think Angelina and her maneger Marta Dona have insisted for a totally Italian version.

Paco Roca

Perfect cut. The song doesn't lose power, on the contrary it gains it. You immediately enter into the sound and without a moment's decline it pervades you and makes you continue to dance with it for three minutes. What surprises me are the levels that make up "La Noia"; it is a real theatrical act made up of scene changes and emotions. We have "La Noia" which doesn't bore 😄 I fear that the parallelism Irama better than Måneskin / Annalisa better than Angelina paves the way for an obvious victory. 2024 is an unopened edition as many say. Italy has already won for me. France, Netherlands, Croatia, Belgium, Lithuania and Norway will compete for the Top 10. The real surprise, the real race, the real emotion will only be on how the ranking is made up 😮‍💨

mup

I fear that the parallelism Irama better than Måneskin / Annalisa better than Angelina paves the way for an obvious victory.
Speaking of parallelisms, Angelina started just like Måneskin, singing in the streets (link).

I still don't know how she is going to fare in Eurovision, people might find other songs stronger, but she is rehearsing and taking it seriously so we can hope her performance will be good enough for a satisfactory placement. I just hope we'll never see any unprofessional and immature participant like Blanco from Italy ever again, same goes for his management.

Avi-Ramos

Italian, such a beautiful language. always nice to listen to . this song a bit of a mess for me . but gl .

Ezio

Veteran
This is the first year since 2014, I am not behind Italy's song at all, and so I am wondering what everyone else sees here what I don't. I find this song very an-noi-ing.

nudiecrudi

This is the first year since 2014, I am not behind Italy's song at all, and so I am wondering what everyone else sees here what I don't. I find this song very an-noi-ing.
It happens.
There is nothing wrong.
Sometimes there are songs that don't click with you at all even they are appreciated by the most.
Personally, often, I don't click with Swedish songs, but most of people like them.
I remember last year you liked Due Vite so much, but I also remember some saying that Marco's song was so an-noi-ing ❤️

mup

Forgot to say, if Angelina flops back to a 10-year streak of male artists, possibly singing traditional slow ballads, I guess. :ROFLMAO:

Fluke

#3 in the odds right now, but Italy's always overrated, so i'm not afraid. Still think it might be top 10 or nearly, since Italy just seems to be no matter what utter crap they send. This really isn't that bad, it just doesn't do anything for me that other similar entries this year or previous years doesn't do much better. It almost seems contrived to be a kind of "modern ESC entry for conservatives who don't like modern ESC", like, slightly up-to-date compared to Italy's usual entries, but in a way that's still acceptable to the conservatives there who hate Eurovision despite never watching it.

marty

I like the song and I have it in my top 5 but I think it is overrated. I dont believe this is a potential winner.

han-g

Forgot to say, if Angelina flops back to a 10-year streak of male artists, possibly singing traditional slow ballads, I guess. :ROFLMAO:
Because Italy really chooses their san remo winner with eurovision in mind/s

mup

Unpopular opinion - one of the most annoying Eurovision acts and songs of recent years
Not unpopular at all, even among many Italians who can't stand the song (given its success). ;) But I'm biased, I just happen to love many songs of his because of the meaning and the upbeat sounds, very different from the usual heavy ballads dealing with certain topics, so at least for me his win was a breath of fresh air.

nudiecrudi

Being a real Esc powerhouse by delivering always quality in different genres and staying faithful to its roots and cultural heritage, without caring that much being ESC friendly, causes a lot of envy around.
There isn't a single country that has offered such diversity keeping the level always high.
And La Noia makes no exception. An excellent modern urban-ethno bop with deep meaning and super bombastic production sung perfectly by a young and charismatic rising female star.
It will flop or do well in May?
We don't know. None of the italian members of this forum, more or less 6-7 active ones, have exclaimed La Noia as the ESC winner.
It is not our fault La Noia is first in MyEurovisionScore, third in the odds, and appreciated by so many esc fans. We love and support the song as many other non Italians do.
And it seems this situation is causing butthurt to some that suffer this effortless Italian excellence.
Italy is here to stay and keep sending what we Italians decide you may like it or not.
The facts and the results have shown that we are right.
The rest are only Fiumi di Parole.

mup

Being a real Esc powerhouse by delivering always quality in different genres and staying faithful to its roots and cultural heritage, without caring that much being ESC friendly, causes a lot of envy around.
There isn't a single country that has offered such diversity keeping the level always high.
And La Noia makes no exception. An excellent modern urban-ethno bop with deep meaning and super bombastic production sung perfectly by a young and charismatic rising female star.
It will flop or do well in May?
We don't know. None of the italian members of this forum, more or less 6-7 active ones, have exclaimed La Noia as the ESC winner.
It is not our fault La Noia is first in MyEurovisionScore, third in the odds, and appreciated by so many esc fans. We love and support the song as many other non Italians do.
And it seems this situation is causing butthurt to some that suffer this effortless Italian excellence.
Italy is here to stay and keep sending what we Italians decide you may like it or not.
The facts and the results have shown that we are right.
The rest are only Fiumi di Parole.
About the envy you mention, I think it's not necessarily that in some cases. Italy is not the only country that gets the "overrated" label, think of other successful countries such as Sweden (always branded - unfairly for me - as overrated plastic pop producer), or Ukraine (the amount of hate in 2022 was off putting, I fear it might repeat this year if they win). I think that many simply might not like the songs Italy sends (for how they sound, or for how the language sounds, or for the genre, or for a dislike of the country and so on). I, for instance, think that some of our entries were not as good as others (for example, 2015 ranked high for a good performance but for me was very cliché; 2017, which I love in the original version, was devalued by the cut; 2022 wasn't that special for my taste and undeserving of placing high with that performance...). So I tend to understand those who might not like our entries sometimes, without necessarily thinking it's jealousy. ;)

Top Bottom