Super Moderator
flag-800.png

FilipFromSweden

I adore it, I might even grow to love it :10:

hijirio

Veteran
Gəl özünlə apar
Sənsiz göy mənə dar

Can someone help translate the meaning of these two Azerbaijani sentences?

It's my kind of music. I like this. but I wish it could have more native language parts instead of English.

Come on, take me with yourself
The sky is narrow to me without you

Doesn’t make much sense tbh, just as the English lyrics

crashworld

Veteran
While it's nice Azerbaijan is sending something more authentic with ethnic influences, but I am not feeling it.
It feels like 3mins of nothing. I am not sure the song has the elements to appeal to the average ESC watcher.
I am smelling another NQ from them. Giving this a :5:.

Can someone please tell Azerbaijan's delegation to stop releasing their entry till this late, especially when the songs are so uneventful.

SirPeterGriffin

What a jam. Love the juxtaposition between that crisp modern-day groove with the evocative ethnic chanting. The climax is well earned and, if recreated well on stage, it could be a strong moment. I must say, a bit disappointed with the lukewarm reception from eurofans. Keep reminiscing about those awful bombastic melodi rejects, i'd rather have more of this version of Azerbaijan. :8:

AliceEsc

I gave it a listen while at work and returned home prepared to give it a 5 and call it a day. On 2nd and 3rd listen, I like it. It sets a mood and I love the chanting parts and instrumentation. I think though it's a borderline Q. :8: points

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
giphy.gif

This is a really lovely surprise to end the song selecting season with. I mean, it is incredibly lowkey but beautifully so. Fahree's voice is soft and silky. The music has this dreamy vibe that doesn't let up for a second. Actually, that's something I really like about it. I feel too many Eurovision songs these days are very stop and start, all over the place with the aim to give you whiplash. Some of them I welcome the neck injury with like Georgia and Greece this year, but others can just be tiring. Özünlə Apar stays grounded whilst growing lusher with each passing minute. It even manages to stay smooth as butter when Ilkin Dovlatov comes in with his epic vocals.

I'm really happy to have a song like this competing in a year where all my faves are going hard. I can just put Azerbaijan on, close my eyes and let it all envelop me. For that, it's worth :12: points. My fave Azerbaijani entry since Miracle. I do worry about its chances for certain but the risky route taken I think is to be commended.

jatojo

The combination of an over-produced vocal track and the similarity to sounds from a mosque doesn’t appeal to me. This is a 2.

Sammy

Veteran
If I‘d rank all azeri entries, this would probably be my number one or two. Finally something that feels authentic. :8: might even grow more one me.

Mainshow

Veteran
:7: from me - I love the mugham chants, the arrangement, the strings and the lush production but Fahree's vocals bring it massively down, imo - His singing style feels so lacklustre, like he's unbothered with his own song - I wish this entry had a stronger entrant to lift it to another level.

Anyway, I'll keep my fingers crossed for this to qualify.

ESC94

Yeah, what can I say about the :az: entry for Malmö? It exists?? xthink

I like that Azerbaijan isn't buying anything from :se: this year as well and instead trying something on its own. But I'm still not really happy. For me it's a very uneventful soundscape, it wouldn't bother me when it's playing in the background in a bar or during a Yoga class, but nothing more. The fact that I don't like Fahree's voice all that much doesn´t help either, and generally his performance seems kind of "listless", don´t know how to describe it.

All in all I give rather underwhelming :3:, it listenable but nothing more for me. Reaching the final will be once again very hard for the country. (n)

Last edited:

Fluke

Okay so... first off, i hoped they would finally send a song in Azeri, but nope. The verse is disappointing, the chorus is REALLY disappointing, and the traditional ethnic vocals can't help it much. Don't know if they will be performed live or pre-recorded, but i suspect they will be completely lost in the mix in the ESC performance for some reason.

As others here already said, it seems like Azerbaijan isn't trying at all now. There's just no big ambitions to this, just typical professional pop song construction with no real spirit behind it. Still think it can make the final, but it's on the borderline for me. Indifferent.

FilipFromSweden

It's so strange how Azerbaijan's attitude towards esc changed in the last decade. From being a power-house to being completely irrelevant to the competition. they're not even trying.
Ehh, I feel that's a bit harsh. They tried harder than anyone to get the gold medal 2009-2011 and then hosted the most expensive Eurovision ever, then sent another super strong entry the year after they hosted. They've just calmed down a bit. Their 2019 entry was quite ambitious as well and Skeletons remains an all time favorite of mine.

FilipFromSweden

just typical professional pop song construction with no real spirit behind it.
They send a song in azerbaijani that features middle eastern sounds and it's still ''typical professional pop song''? You guys will really give that comment about anything nowadays

Top Bottom