Contact us

Estonia ESTONIA 2024 - 5miinust & Puuluup - (nendest) narkootikumidest ei tea me (küll) midagi

How do you rate this entry?

37 25.7%

18 12.5%

15 10.4%

10 6.9%

13 9.0%

9 6.3%

4 2.8%

8 5.6%

3 2.1%

10 6.9%

17 11.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

akoz

I really like Estonian selection this year, so when my 3rd place win, I'm still happy and I give :12: points to the pool. Fun and entertaining.
Juries at ESC will kill them tho, but depending from their running order and songs around them I think good result should be achievable.
Sadly song doesn't fulfill its full potential musically and their performance is mostly around their 'fight' on stage so if they stuck with that concept - top10 is their maximum. But it'll be very memoriable performance and if they add something interesting to it - who knows where they would finish. Good luck Estonia.

njdevils94

Veteran
For those wondering who the female voice of the Wunderbar star was during Traffic's performance it was revealed it at the semifinals it was Merilin Malk. They have now made an acoustic performance as well. :)

Last edited:

Franzilein

LT United (Lithuania 2006) vibes and I'm here for it :lol: I live for the half-bald guy with the deep voice xlove

BernadetteCydonia

toinou03

That's quircky and very Estonian but also very catchy and good fun, so it should work with the rest of Europe hopefully. The song has à great composition and is carried by proper musicians. Well done.

eerik

Eurovision version with changed lyrics and slightly different mix.

eerik

Is it me or it sounded better before?
You are correct. The new version has more backing vocals, which does mimic the live performance more, but is unnecessary for a studio version.

Paco Roca

From the beginning I have kept an eye on the Estonian song. I was surprised that the musical product did not win me over and did not win the favor of the public. Audiences have gravitated towards more accessible crazy tracks like Croatia and Netherlands. Continuing to study Estonia, however, I recognize that it was able to bring a crazy song that has the unusual characteristics of the grower, of a song that over time enters the collective imagination, of the cult. The sound is there and engaging, there are epic elements (like the dancing, the stringed instruments, the Punk bully look) and the video is very reminiscent of those 90s products (I say this as a compliment). The final dance scene in the video is epic. From a sense of those films where the scene took place in an American ghetto or... I know I travel a lot with my mind, it also gives me the idea of the grotesque horror films of those years (I always say this in a positive sense). Personally the most sophisticated crazy song of 2024. If Estonia manages to bring the madness and the dark and rough features of the video to the stage it could be Moldova 2022.

Fluke

Don't worry, this is in the final safely. If the performance is anything like the NF, it's safe. I thought the video was a little dark and messy, and didn't really bring the feeling of the NF performance, but who cares. I'm hoping for at least top 15. The bowed lyre needs more representation!

laululind

So they will actually do some pre-parties, was wondering about that! Back in the day, Estonian acts never used to show up! :LOL: But in recent years, they've been much more active in this regard. Alika was all over the place last year! :LOL: I guess they have more time/money to spend, or maybe their labels help out. Don't imagine ERR pays for it, but who knows! Not that it makes much difference in terms of votes, but might be a cool experience for the artists themselves. :giggle: Get some contacts & promo going. Will be interesting to see if the crowd is lively! Not the easiest song to sing along to, but I guess they can do the HEY HEY parts. :LOL: Maybe some more adventurous audience members will try the dance too!

In other news, there will probably be some choreo changes for Eurovision. In one interview they said there's been feedback about some parts being a bit confusing & there being a lot of info crammed into 3 minutes. But the dance stays! :LOL: Here's hoping they can make the final version more polished & coherent while still keeping the fun energy. :giggle:
I'd also consider changing the color scheme perhaps. :unsure: The greenish yellow isn't the most visually appealing shade IMO. Gives me Partners In Crime flashbacks. :LOL: But I guess it works if "drug haze" was the vibe they were going for.
Wonder what (if anything) they'll do with the LEDs. There wasn't much in the way of LED screens in EL, but maybe they could come up with some cool backdrops or floor graphics or something. :giggle: Just keep the creepy eyeballs to a minimum perhaps! :LOL:

BernadetteCydonia

I want a little bit of change in the wardrobe department - I don't think that plain black-suited image is all that outstanding. Not that they need to go absolute nuts with it, but changing something up about it would be nice. :)

Avi-Ramos

Just one question, are they really singing ?
The guy with the deep voice sounds cool, and sings nice in a low tone.

laululind

Uh, well.. I imagine they're actually singing, yes. :LOL: With 6 people already on stage, there's no room for hidden backing vocalists. I suppose there's a chance they might be using pre-recorded backings during some parts, hard to tell.. but if they weren't singing at all, their live performance would sound perfect, which it definitely doesn't. :LOL: There are several moments when the vocals get a little lost, mostly during the more hectic parts, here's hoping they can fix that by May. :giggle: Considering the choreo they're doing the vocals are quite decent, but there's definitely room for improvement.

Regarding their outfits, I don't mind the current ones. :giggle: But they could certainly try something different if they wanted too. I guess there's a balance you want to strike, between serious/cool/jokey, and backgrounds/LEDs/lighting to take into account. Don't want them getting lost on stage, which could happen with dark stage/dark outfits, but also don't want everything to get too colorful or messy. :unsure: They need to be able to dance as well. What they have planned for ESC stage in regards to colors & backdrops might dictate the final outfits, guess we'll have to wait and see. :giggle:

Hy Dranger

The video is fun but I wonder how well it will work live. It's full of energy, yet at the same time kind of goes nowhere. The bald guy makes me think of Alexei Sayle in his younger days, he had a similar in-your-face vibe.

Top Bottom