• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Charly

No decision has been made as of yet

empo21

Veteran
I feel like RUV was blindsided by Bashar's loss and they were fully expecting to compete in Eurovision with a Palestinian artist and in case Murad refused, they'd go "Oh well, we tried!".

It's strange to prolong a final decision when Hera Bjork has already expressed her desire to compete. Just let her go atp.

crashworld

Veteran
The longer RUV prolong their decision, the more I am inclined to believe they are basically waiting to see what is happening to Israel.
I am not surprised if Israel's song was rejected before or by 11 Mar, then you will hear RUV miraculously saying they will participate.
#watchthisspace

Mainshow

Veteran
All of this is so freaking tiring.

Thank God(ney) that most of this drama will be resolved/over next week when broadcaster have to submit their bids.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
I still think they are withdrawing so I guess good for Hera because she could try again with a more competitive song (although she might not want to be involved with esc anymore if they withdraw idk idk)

henhu

Wait, I thought that Hera Björk was confirmed but apparently not... What are the odds that they send somebody else (Bashad Murad) instead?

martin

If Iceland send Bashar and not Hera. Is going to be worse than some country in East Europa. Why have a final and not even accepted the winner?

It will be a political choose and not because the winner was voted to win. But because some people wants to give EBU a message.
Hera have already say she want,s to represent Iceland and get most votes.

ollibox

My money is on Iceland withdrawing
Sad, if that happens... More people, more mellow, as they say.
At least - if to search something positive in this mess - Iceland doesn't loose much (at least with that entry).
Ofc, the money and resources they've already spent on all of this - different story.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
If Iceland withdraw then they better internally select Hera next year, perhaps even giving the legend her own national final so fans can help her choose something as epic as Je Ne Sais Quoi. She's an amazing lady who deserves (and has earned the right) to shine again on the Eurovision stage. If they withdraw and don't give Hera the guaranteed opportunity to return next year or they switch her with Bashar then it's a farcical that would leave me with zero respect for RÚV. Just send her. Don't mess with people like this. As Empo suggested earlier, I think it's very clear they didn't expect the result that happened and now have lost their free, very smart ticket to compete without as much home backlash, especially as Bashar apparently said he'd go (or so I've read from people).

esc87fan

However, if Iceland withdraws, semifinal 1 will be reduced to 14 participants so they'd likely have to bring over an act from semifinal 2 to even out the numbers - I don't think that would be wise logistically speaking. Hera really wants to go, so I think RUV should respect that decision and let her compete

Iker

Veteran
It'd be such a bad look if :is: goes back on Hera and sends Bashar Murad, though. Just rig it like an Eastern European NF and not worry about it then.
Or maybe there's a plot twist. Hera was one of the dreaded simcard queens.

han-g

Or maybe there's a plot twist. Hera was one of the dreaded simcard queens.
They had the opportunity to say things had gone wrong with the app scandal. They insisted it wouldn't change the result, so now they should just let Hera participate, unless fandom reaction is making Hera change her mind, because that would be really tragic

Last edited:

mup

I don't understand this situation. From what I've been reading, it seems that the broadcaster wanted to send a message to Israel by taking part in ESC only if a Palestinian singer won the NF and the public vote hijacked their plans, forcing them to put everything on hold, thus disrespecting the winning singer and the public's will. Is it really so? If it is, it's very unfortunate (especially for Hera Björk).

Top Bottom