11 8.5%

13 10.0%

10 7.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Cathan

I do think Iceland will struggle this year but at least they didnt sell their soul by picking Bashar!

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I was listening to Hera's song in the supermarket the other day and getting my life while I chose my garlic bread. xheat I'm happy that she won, but I prefer the Icelandic version

Stina

Well that is disappointing. As much as people felt Bashar was political I feel Hera winning is also political as some people decided she was the best chance to beat Bashar. If we weren't going to have Wild West I wish we would have had Sigga Ósk and THAT is where I dumped my votes in the first voting.

Hope all the Hera voters are happy that we won't be making it out of our semi final now.

I do put some responsibility on Bashar and his words before the final vote closed. As soon as he said that I knew people would be picking up their phones again for Hera.

kayak

I'm happy that Icelandic people voted against political decision. The singer itself is good, but the song isn't :(

AliceEsc

I avoided this thread cause it was too heated. This NF was very weak, I didn't like any of these songs. Wild west was the best of those, but still a generous 6. This is a generous :5: cause I like Hera!

Mainshow

Veteran
Bashar had the better song.
I think he would have performed better in Malmö but oh well, Hera was lovely back in 2010 so I'm not disappointed by this choice but it's confusing and surprising.

Anyway, :is: had a horrible NF this year - especially the final was tragic.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
This was 100% the wrong choice - Wild West is a much better song than Scared of Heights is, but oh well. Maybe the discourse (which in terms of bashar's participation bordered on bigotry-coded) dies down and Raiven now has an easier road to the finale so maybe it's for the best.

I like Scared of Heights but I don't think it has a chance in Sweden. Oh well. So be it then.

:6: points in the poll when it goes up.

toddi__b

Well that is disappointing. As much as people felt Bashar was political I feel Hera winning is also political as some people decided she was the best chance to beat Bashar. If we weren't going to have Wild West I wish we would have had Sigga Ósk and THAT is where I dumped my votes in the first voting.

Hope all the Hera voters are happy that we won't be making it out of our semi final now.

I do put some responsibility on Bashar and his words before the final vote closed. As soon as he said that I knew people would be picking up their phones again for Hera.
What did he say?

Top Bottom