6 3.6%

6 3.6%

6 3.6%

53 31.5%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Please keep discussion in this thread specific to Eden Golan and her song, Israel's (potential) participation in Eurovision 2024 and discussions or remarks from other countries and organisations about Israel's participation.

Any further discussion of a political or humanitarian nature not relating to specifically Israel in Eurovision 2024 needs to go into the politics sub-forum. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

ArmpitOfEurope

No way Germany will leave the contest just to protest the Israel ban, ESC pulls 8m viewers every year for the german broadcaster. If they were going to be that vocal about it they would have already made a statement to pressure EBU
And it would have been so random, they have selected an artist and everything, why throw it all away for a fight that isnt theirs? Not buying this at all

han-g

OK so I think we (both I and I think @Israeliboy) both agree that Netanyahu is a Putinish arse who needs to leave power

You guys are right we don't need to be banned but an โ‚ฌ2000000 fine will be right

Also don't subject an innocent girl to the mental torture of booing
That's cruel
It's something she surely knew would happen when she decided to enter the Israeli artist competition. As someone who grew up in Russia she would surely know about acts who were booed at eurovision.

crashworld

Veteran
Anyway...

The music video for "October Rain" will be shot on Thursday. So I guess KAN is pretty adamant to release this song regardless if Israel is participating or not. I guess this is the least they can do for Eden if Israel decides to pull out from the contest, she can still have her song released properly.

Source:

Last edited:

Gili

Anyway...

The music video for "October Rain" will be shot on Thursday. So I guess KAN is pretty adamant to release this song regardless if it's the Israel is participating or not. I guess this is the least they can do for Eden if Israel decides to pull out from the contest, she can still have her song released properly.

Source:
Actually they started shooting the clip today with 2 versions of the lyrics, the original song will be released with or without EBU permission, thats for sure

njdevils94

Veteran
Anyway...

The music video for "October Rain" will be shot on Thursday. So I guess KAN is pretty adamant to release this song regardless if it's the Israel is participating or not. I guess this is the least they can do for Eden if Israel decides to pull out from the contest, she can still have her song released properly.

Source:
I've heard rumors they are changing some of the lyrics around. All just speculation at this point.

Marcos C

According to Ynet, Eden loves and believes in "October Rain."

I love and believe in the song "October Rain." I want to represent the country. On the one hand, I continue as usual with all the preparations, and on the other hand, I'm waiting like everyone else to know what's going on, whether I'm going to perform in front of millions or not. It's a feeling of uncertainty and I'm aware of what's happening but understand the dialogue.

HarryUK

Veteran
Is there any update on the EBU stance? Have they approved the lyrics and song then if a video is being shot??

Gili

Is there any update on the EBU stance? Have they approved the lyrics and song then if a video is being shot??
well, not yet. but its not related to the video clip, they are planning to release the song anyways with a video clip

han-g

Anyway...

Source:
I always assumed that was going to be the case. I'm happy Eden gets a song out of this even if she doesn't get to go to eurovision.

Ajeje Brazorf

It's only right if she releases her song: she has no responsability in what is happening right now, so everyone should respect her as an artist. Than, if she will be able to perform that song in front of million of people Is up to KAN. I still hope they do the right choice, because she deserves that kind of International exposure like every other artist out there... Participating in Eurovision Is a dream for a lot of people: I felt for example bad for Annalisa when she was close to tears in Sanremo final, because, you know: something is being a respectful artist in your country, but being considered a star everywhere Is something else.

Last edited:

I bims

Veteran
It's only right if she releases her song: she has no responsability in what is happening right now, so everyone should respect her as an artist.
It's a song that was written for her and the message is about Israel. Not her words, not her message. This is not her own artistry or expression of herself. She's just a pretty voice and face for Israel's PR campaign ๐Ÿ™ƒ
I will respect her artistry, if she should decide to actually show that and not what other people tell her to show.

JohnArg

It seems that Eden's sec song for #Eurovision2024 was also rejected by the EBU. Read the lyrics of "Dance Forever".

Paco Roca

• Eden Golan by regulation must not participate with a political text. It can only cause further rifts and ruin the atmosphere of the contest.
  • If an Israeli artist now is allowed to participate I don't understand the current exclusion of Russian artists. Unless they are imperialist sympathizers, they are not to blame for the choices of their political leader.
#DisunitedByMusic

crashworld

Veteran
It seems that Eden's sec song for #Eurovision2024 was also rejected by the EBU. Read the lyrics of "Dance Forever".

How is that second song considered political based on the lyrics? At most it can just be seen as a song dedicated to the dead (past to present and future) and that is now considered political? Ridiculous.

Last edited:

empo21

Veteran
While it isn't as bad as October Rain, Dance Again also reads like a reference to Nova Music Festival, where the Hamas attack was. It's easy to see EBU is caught on the context/implication.

Also the article doesn't seem too credible. I don't think we have confirmation that EBU has officially rejected October Rain like the article suggests.

0scar

Well yeah sure it's clear that it refers to the music festival but if they allowed :ua: 2016 and :am: 2015 for example, the lyrics of Dance Forever seem to fall in the same category, and should be allowed.

I'm neither for or against exclusion of Israel in the contest because I'm weak and I don't really know HOW to exactly feel about any of this but the lyrics of Dance Forever seem more general than October Rain, and if the EBU is having problems with those lyrics as well, I feel like they don't really know how to act around Israel's participation in the 2024 contest.

crashworld

Veteran
I am sure if Israel send in something gibberish, the nutters will still see it political because the gibberish got to mean SOMETHING somehow. #ijustcant

empo21

Veteran
I feel like they don't really know how to act around Israel's participation in the 2024 contest.

This is exactly what the issue is and I bet EBU did not expect it to go this far.

The more they continue with the reviews and stretching the song selection process, the more impatient both sides of the community are getting and whatever the decision is, it will cause a huge outcry.

Top Bottom