ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png
'

Last edited by a moderator:

Iker

Veteran
but Käärijä almost won so then this could as well
I don't think Croatia will win but top 5 is very likely, I smell the highest finish for Croatia since 1999. Out of selected entries so far only Ukraine gives me winner vibes. But Croatia often does worse than expected so maybe around 10th place is a likelier finish.

Last edited:

Grinch

10 pts.

Studio record is great, energetic, fun. Then you watch the Dora final performance and get cringed so hard xcrazy

The only thing I like is the song itself. His vocals, staging, outfits... everything has to change!

PolarFoxxie.

Even Bosnian news portal published article about plagiarism of baby lasagna and being identical/similar to party in my head of Swedish band pain and same as espectro of DJ Adrian vega. In his team they said they bought sample of the other song. They also mention same style and outfit as kaarija. Someone in comments said they even copied Poland 2014 with girl washing clothes.

Datura

In his team they said they bought sample of the other song.
well if they indeed bought the sample i'm afraid this could mean trouble i guess, as sampling isn't allowed right? it would be "better" if they were rather accused of plagiarism because honestly i think i've heard a very similar riff (if that's what the talk s about) in several songs before (so i'm not sure if that would be held against them like in a lawsuit), but if they admit it is a sample of an already existing song i see how this could be a problem..

jatojo

There is not enough quality in this song. And I must say, if this were to win Eurovision, it would be a new low for the contest. Worse than the chicken song from Israel (which did have some quality, technically speaking).

It’s not that I hate these Dingelingdongdong entries as such - they are just too often characterized by bad vocals, bad lyrics, and too little melody.

Lighthouse

Even Bosnian news portal published article about plagiarism of baby lasagna and being identical/similar to party in my head of Swedish band pain and same as espectro of DJ Adrian vega. In his team they said they bought sample of the other song. They also mention same style and outfit as kaarija. Someone in comments said they even copied Poland 2014 with girl washing clothes.

I don't think I've ever seen someone give off stronger loser energy than you. I took a look at your posting history, and you spend all of your days trash talking Baby Lasagna as if your life depended on it. Get a life, loser.

NemesisNick

Since I watched the Croatian national final, Dora 2024 Final live, online from the UK, last Sunday evening (25 February 2024), I've made a review video containing my opinions on all sixteen finalist songs, in order of performance (based on Dora 2024 Final performances), and my ranking from sixteenth to first in My Eurovision Scoreboard.

Nemesis Nick Talks Eurovision: Dora 2024 Final Review

p.s. Thank you very much Bmbriga for your answer to my question about the background screen in Song 10: Alen Đuras – "A Tamburitza Lullaby". I've mentioned some of what you said here in my video.

Brutalero

I don't think I've ever seen someone give off stronger loser energy than you. I took a look at your posting history, and you spend all of your days trash talking Baby Lasagna as if your life depended on it. Get a life, loser.
On multiple sites as well

Ajeje Brazorf

My waaaay to early prediction: 1st with the tele, 9th with the juries, 4th overall. It will definitely be the best entry ever for Croatia, but people will whine a lot when juries will downvote this and I don't know if I'm ready for all the noise... I'm saying this not because I hate the song (I have it pretty high on my ranking aswell) but because I, as an Italian, know how It feels to be a televote catalyst which fails with the juries and this song seems to me to fall in that category, unfortunately.

Last edited:

PolarFoxxie.

10 people gave 0 point to that song so its not just me. Some people love it and are hardcore fans (same like last year with kaarija and some people don't like the song). Get over it. I personally like originality in song and not that I have already seen it somewhere. They even copypaste Poland 2014 with woman washing her clothes on stage. I don't think anyone commented that yet. :) But it is catchy. What he needs is to start from 0. New outfit, new staging, some vocal coaching. But the song is catchy. I wouldn't be surprised if finishes in top 10. I just have other favourites and he is not one of them.

PolarFoxxie.

My waaaay to early prediction: 1st with the tele, 9th with the juries, 4th overall. It will definitely be the best entry ever for Croatia, but people will whine a lot when juries will downvote this and I don't know if I'm ready for all the noise... I'm saying this not because I hate the song (I have it pretty high on my ranking aswell) but because I, as an Italian, know how It feels to be a televote catalyst which fails with the juries and this song seems to me to fall in that category, unfortunately.
Well, Doris dragovic also finished 4th so it won't be best ever result, but shared = result. But even that is too high. What makes you sure it will end 1st in televote. We already seen Rammstein esque (Germany 2023, kaarija 2023) maneskin. Maybe ppl want something else. I personally think UK (for many reasons) and Belgium (for many reasons) that screams winner material, but also Lithuania and ofcourse Ukraine, in some way Italy as well are ones who are to compete for televote win, and because of Israel- Palestine, maybe Iceland.

Don't forget there are no Croatian neighbours except Serbia and Slovenia. There is no Hungary,no Bosnia, no Montenegro,no Macedonia. That is around 60 points less in final.

ESC94

Here we have the entry that´s currently skyrocketing in the odds, Baby Lasagna and a song with the funny title "Rim Tim Tagi Dim".

I can see why so many people like this entry. The melody is really hammering in your head and doesn´t wanna go out that soon again. But this "hammering" is also a bit irritating for me to be honest. The chorus could´ve been a bit more impactful for me as well, but I kinda like the Techno break even though I´m usually not into this genre at all. :LOL:

All in all I give this song a solid :6:, not bad at all but not something I would listen to regularly outside of ESC season. I think final is a sure thing for Baby Lasagna and he´ll do pretty well in the televote but won´t win since jurys will most likely tank him. But I can absolutely see him giving :hr: its best result ever. :)

Top Bottom