14 7.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png
'

Last edited by a moderator:

PolarFoxxie.

My first 0 point this year go to lady lasagna or kaarija wannabe, kaarija from Ali express, copycat Marko purisic or lady lasagna.

I hope we will never again see zsa zsa at Dora again... And I hope he won't be near my favourites or try to take photo with them.

Fluke

Okay, so this is one of the few non-Swedish entries i actually listened to before it was selected, and i'm already kinda tired of it. The novelty fades very quickly and i got a strong feeling this and other similar entries this year won't do that well because of the sheer overload of them, and there will be a strong backlash against them the next year, like in 2010 when the previous years had been full of crazy "joke entries" if anyone remembers.

So what's to say about this... i find it overly repetitive, though it's actually well structured, just think the verses and the parts leading up the verses could have a bit more variety. The vocal performance is actually really good, when he actually sings, which is only in the choruses unfortunately. The chorus is kind of catchy, but as i said, i think it might get buried when performed among the other somewhat similar entries.

The beat and rhythm guitars are strong, very good production, it's actually some of the most authentic hard rock in the ESC in years, the odd instrumental Eurodance part actually seems to fit in nicely somehow, and doesn't even feel like it's wasting time that could be used better, oddly. There's something to it, it just works, surprisingly.

I also don't get why many people dislike the staging. I think it's very on point with the strong black-white theme with just a little splash of neon colors. Maybe it's a bit empty and eventless though, but they can fix that without changing the visual theme.

So for now, i have this about equal with the somewhat similar entries by Windows95man, 5minuust, Bambie Thug... we'll see where it places in the end, but i doubt it will be among my top favorites.

PolarFoxxie.

@Fluke you come from Sweden? Do you know did Swedish band pain announce lawsuit against baby lasagna? I know his team bought sample of DJ Vega for rim Tim tagi dim. At least that's what I listen to on Croatian forum.

PolarFoxxie.

Why? Because of word komsija or Balkan? A lot of percentage of Croatian population comes from Bosnia and some from Serbia. Maybe even your family comes from Bosnia. Also Bosnia doesn't compete for years if you didn't know, but that is another topic. We shouldn't offtopic.

Serbia in Eurovision is very successful especially from 2000-2010. So I don't if that was a compliment?

Expected win of Marko considering such overhype for two months. Everything else would be a downfall of him considering everyone loves his faults, mistakes. Everyone defends him.... His vocals are bad,his outfit is bad, his song is copycat of everything. He is not a fan of Eurovision, he was rude and unprofessional to gay host, that host showed Markos hypocrisy regarding his statement never again to Dora....

What I like about him is that he is cat person like me, good English and catchy song.

toddi__b

Why? Because of word komsija or Balkan? A lot of percentage of Croatian population comes from Bosnia and some from Serbia. Maybe even your family comes from Bosnia. Also Bosnia doesn't compete for years if you didn't know, but that is another topic. We shouldn't offtopic.

Serbia in Eurovision is very successful especially from 2000-2010. So I don't if that was a compliment?

Expected win of Marko considering such overhype for two months. Everything else would be a downfall of him considering everyone loves his faults, mistakes. Everyone defends him.... His vocals are bad,his outfit is bad, his song is copycat of everything. He is not a fan of Eurovision, he was rude and unprofessional to gay host, that host showed Markos hypocrisy regarding his statement never again to Dora....

What I like about him is that he is cat person like me, good English and catchy song.

I’m beyond convinced this is a fellow Dora competitor. Saša Lozar, is that you?

PolarFoxxie.

Dejan lovren, one of most famous Croatian football players said on insta story that was later deleted they convinced you to vote for this (refering to purisic Marko). Demonism fujjjj.

BernadetteCydonia

Well, out of the "fun" songs this year, this clicks less for me than Estonia, sounds kinda like someone tried to actually do make Cha cha cha into a mostly rock song like it was "meant" to be, but left one part techno just for the sake of it. Also something about it is oddly produced? But it was my Dora favourite so, no complaints here.

Does this really have more chances among the "fun songs" in the final though? Between this, Finland, Netherlands and Estonia?

Paco Roca

Good song to be satisfied with and competitive. However, we are finally faced with the song that, as usual every year, is overrated. In my eyes, although I note that it can be competitive given the poor 2024 season which is managing to make Slimane stand out with his basic "Mon Amour", it is nothing fresh. We have a running horse or unicorn "stolen" from Noa Kirel song (more original than the many cats that were in fashion between ledwalls and songs in the various NF 2024), a staging with washerwomen stolen from the ESC early 2000s and a Rim Tim Tagi Dim which is inspired by the more famous ski ba bop ba dop bop by Scatman John (without managing to achieve the same epic nature in the remaining musical composition). I expect a Moldova 2022 model route with good staging.

Rating 7.

Seregil Korit

Our biggest takeaway this evening should be that the whole panel that shortlists songs for Dora should be replaced. The embarrassment these people must feel..

PolarFoxxie.

Purisic Marko can't sing. Sorry but damir kedzo beats lasagna in vocal ability. This joke entry is not for me. Will elizabeta ruzic be jealous of all euro gays thirsting over him. Damn damn damn. Lol.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
No! No!!

1 point.

PolarFoxxie.

Well, the USA is not Europe so who cares? ;)
I am Croat. Living in Europe (not Croatia). I can vote in Eurovision but I gave also 0 point to Croatian cha cha cha. Or alleged plagiat Mr lady lasagna or kaarija from Ali express.

He made enjoyment of Eurovision not possible for me. I have so many favourites, but he ruined everything.
With each new information about the creature, I like him Less and less.

ag89

Terrible! That could compete in Serbia or Bosnia, not in Croatia!
Yes yes, nobody is listening such music in Croatia. :censored:

I mean - can we just stop denying the reality? This song is not good, ok - but such a song at Dora would probably gain significant support and buzz. Let's not forget what Aleksandra Prijović is currently doing across Croatia. Not trying to compare the two - but a Balkan sound pop-trash would be an interesting addition to Dora.

Top Bottom