4 3.3%

11 8.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

njdevils94

Veteran
It was one of the better choices from the selection but Sand is even more middle of the road to me than :de: or :md: and feels like background music in all honesty. There aren't any high points. All just the same.

The melody is nice and peppy but that isn't going to be enough on its own to qualify not to mention Saba's shaky live vocals. :censored:

The fact the :dk: are in Semifinal 2 is the only saving grace that it could make the final. Regardless of result DMGP needs a serious overhaul in the future.

jatojo

Regardless of result DMGP needs a serious overhaul in the future.
They've tried many things. Importing a Swedish song this year, avoiding Swedish songs the previous years. The winner singing in Danish one year, having only songs in English this year. A very quiet entry last year ('Lige Her'), a hard rock song last year ('Freedom'), a soft rock song the year before ('The Show'), some "tik tok" songs (Chu Chu this year), a traditional James Newman ballad (Janus). You can't blame them for not trying.

The only thing the organizers haven't really tried is something noisy - like Ireland did here in 2024. Basically they are just not as desperate as Ireland, I think. But maybe they'll try something crazy in 2025, if Saba fails to qualify.

jatojo

After Aura Dione had finished her song (the 8th and final song in the show) there was 8 minutes in which to vote via text or app. Not much, especially not if you hadn't downloaded the app and asked for a code.

Funix

At least we are not on Reiley's level of bad vocals (that was really bad) and It seems like SABA is taking it very seriously to get the vocal in place for Malmö. She's admitted that her performance was not the best partly due to bad nerves and technique. I'm still very optimistic as it was only really a thing in the verses.

Funix

After Aura Dione had finished her song (the 8th and final song in the show) there was 8 minutes in which to vote via text or app. Not much, especially not if you hadn't downloaded the app and asked for a code.
DR must have some data from previous years that shows when people are voting, but yeah it was a short time admittedly

ZoboCamel

I've been enjoying this over the last couple of days, and the release of Poland an hour ago makes this look like a stronger basic pop song in comparison. Still no masterpiece, but I'll upgrade it from :6: to :7:.

jatojo

DR must have some data from previous years that shows when people are voting, but yeah it was a short time admittedly
Well, last year the whole system broke down, and there is reason to suspect that the announced result didn’t reflect the true numbers.

martin

In studio 12 points. Live only 8 points

She is singing ok and the songs is really good. But live is was just good not AWESOME. I really hope Denmark goes to final, but she needs a better stageperforment in ESC. Because this is just good and nothing more than that.

Lykke til kjære venner frå Norge

Loindici

Veteran

Datura

her vocal problems aside, this is imo one of the few catchy songs / memorable melodies, i had the chorus in my head the whole day yesterday and so far that didn't really happen with a lot of this years entries

Iker

Veteran
This is actually very good for EDM-pop. I love the timbre of her voice and I like a lot the chorus. Best Danish song in years.

Iker

Veteran

Lance Esgard

The lyrics describe the vocal situation perfectly. This song is a castle built out of sand, which is seen in a much better state in the studio version, while the live version is in a shakier, more crumbled here-and-there state.

But I'm cautiously optimistic the vocals will improve. It definitely sounded like it was more a matter of nerves than (as with others) simply not being able to sing live. Vocally, the performance likely won't reach, in terms of vocal technique, the level heard in the studio version, but maybe that doesn't matter too much.

...Am I the only one who finds a certain amount of nervousness in the vocals can help the emotional connection with the performance, particularly when such an emotion makes sense given the lyrics of the song?

Not a fan of how the song was presented in a disingenuous way to the public.

Datura

...Am I the only one who finds a certain amount of nervousness in the vocals can help the emotional connection with the performance, particularly when such an emotion makes sense given the lyrics of the song?
To be honest sometimes yes, in this particular case for me personally definitely not.
She's so flat throughout the verses that it makes me hope shell make it through the song. not in a pleasant way at all, for me it feels uncomfortable to listen to and watch, especially because she kind of looks scared there aswell. But she's good in the chorus so she can obviously sing, i really hope she'll train to get some safety with the lower notes

Top Bottom