5 3.3%

5 3.3%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

eurofan2000

720k+ people, almost 62% voted for this song, I wish everyone had such "negative reaction" :lol:

That's only 270k €. But people deservedly slam 1+1 channel who was responsible for producing Vidbir this year, we wanted a better quality of production.
We have already covered that amount with donations :cool:
Oh I thought it's millions of EUR or USD.... haha, so now it makes sense! It's been an amazing show! Well done my dears, a show like this could cost much more somewhere in Romania e.g. (maybe x10 times more expensive)

Fierro

I heard there's a huge negative reaction in Ukraine regarding the Vidbir choice. I think the song is really inspiring and causes goosebumps. So underrated. These girls are wonderful xheart
Hating culture is always part that unfolds as an aftermath of Ukrainian national finals, especially if it's women winning. Majority, nonetheless, and I hope so, have adequate attitude to this.

ayzelto

20% chance of winning in the betting odds? Isn't it too much? Please, tell me there will be some competitors this year.

The song is cool, but that's it. I don't see the winner potential on it just yet.

ZoboCamel

:7: from me. Unlike others, I'm perfectly happy with the rap section (which I seem to say about the Vidbir winner almost every year, lol). But while I do like the song as a whole, I kind of wish it just did something more. It seems to promise a big dramatic climax that never comes; I preferred Jerry Heil's previous entry in that regard.

Hopefully this isn't the Eurovision winner the odds are painting it as, but it's a solid effort. Better than last year's entry in my books, at least, and should get a respectable place in the final, if nothing else.

AlekS

Veteran
All live performances on Suspilne YT channel have been glitching for 3 days, all daily views (for these 3 days) kept getting deleted at 8:00 AM. We broke Diia, now we broke Youtube :lol:
The song has 14 million views (not counting Vidbir performances). The pic vid is at 10 million+.

Youtube didn't add streams from Vidbir performance, otherwise "Teresa & Maria" would have gained the 2nd best week for Ukrainian song ever at approx 4.1 million streams xbow
Thus, the all-time weekly Ukrainian top 3 is:

1. Kalush Orchestra - Stefania
2. alyona alyona & Jerry Heil - Teresa & Maria
3. Go_A - Shum

All 3 are ESC entries xlove

:ua: #1 - 3.378 million (de facto 4.1 million)
:cz: #16 - 79k
:no: #55 - 10k
:ee: #56 - 9k
:pl: #64 - 279k

Very close to the top 20 in :lt: Lithuania, it was #14 this midweek.
Not a single Ukrainian entry has ever charted outside of ex-USSR at this stage.

Mainshow

Veteran
I'm not really a fan of rap, eiher but people should be able to distinguish the quality of rap in :de: 2022/:sm: 2018 and :ua: 2024 / :hu: 2017.

Alyona Alyona is capabale of serving a punchy rap verse and in my opinion, it lifts this entry to another level and is a welcoming contrast to the anthemic ethno-inspired parts/chants.

Franzilein

It's probably the millionth time that I've seen people say "I like the song, except the rap part" in the fandom, not just for this song but just in general, and regardless of the quality of the rap verse. Some of y'all just really don't like rap, period. :cautious:

Exactly! Alyona is smashing those lines, there's nothing she could've improved on. You don't even hear her taking a breath, she has excellent control and technique.

That being said, Teresa & Maria is still comfortably sitting as my number 1. It's just so incredibly catchy and atmospheric xlove

PolarFoxxie.

This song would have been way better without rap woman or with some high note. They won't win. But they will finish somewhere in top 10. Will they be happy with that result considering 3 wins I am not so sure. I still prefer dreamer and Melovin. I listen to it way more than Maria Theresa.

What is up with Ukraine and rap. First kalush, maybe even shum and now this. Ajjjjj

I gave it 1 point even though I like the song but enough people will vote for them in Eurovision. I am not worried.

Sammy

Veteran
It's probably the millionth time that I've seen people say "I like the song, except the rap part" in the fandom, not just for this song but just in general, and regardless of the quality of the rap verse. Some of y'all just really don't like rap, period. :cautious:
Well, in my case that’s a misconception. I do like rap. I don‘t like this one. Because rap originated from a cultural background that has nothing to do with the two singers nor the theme of the song. It feels awkward. Like you show up to a theme party and you chose the wrong outfit.

rasmuslights

Veteran
Well, in my case that’s a misconception. I do like rap. I don‘t like this one. Because rap originated from a cultural background that has nothing to do with the two singers nor the theme of the song. It feels awkward. Like you show up to a theme party and you chose the wrong outfit.

I mean yeah rap isn't exactly European but it's widely popular.

Top Bottom