3 1.8%

8 4.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

LivingOrganism

I have a feeling that Gåte can win eurovision. It checks all the "how to appease a eurofan" marks - it stands out, includes elements of folklore and national culture and has a high-note female vocalist. I obviously don't mean it in a negative way. At the beginning of MGP season this year I was fully supporting KEiiNO, but after I saw Gåte's live performance in the semi-final I immediately knew they'd win. It's a rare thing, but I just have that gut feeling, that they have the potential to win it all in May.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
uhm. Well, I don't like it. I love that they're sending a song in Norwegian, that's always got to be recognised and rewarded - espcecially when it comes to a country like Norway who usually seem so allergic to it's own language at Eurovision but honestly, that's where it ends. Pre-contest i wasn't too convinced at all by Keiinos song and in studio it's still not it but the live performance was great and convinced me it would have been a great choice. I can totally see why people like this, but for me not at all.

:2:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Sis, am I completely brain-damaged or something? Why have I given this 2 more points that you? xcry

*returns to his pool of tears*

4 is still a pretty damning score also.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Back when the songs were first released, I wasn't impressed by any of them. I was disappointed by KEiiNO and Margaret Berger for coming with such weak efforts, especially Margaret (I've waited for her to come back for ages).

KEiiNO slayed with their live performance, but the truth with "Damdiggida" is that you can't make a diamond out of coal, as much as Alexandra's vocals are amazing. It reminds me of the second time Paula Seling & Ovi participated, "Miracle" was nowhere near the same level as "Playing with Fire". It's such a shame this was their swan song in MGP.

As for Gåte, an outstanding performance and staging, it's giving The Vikings intro song vibes. It also reminds me of Eivør's songs in a way. I wanted something like this from one of the Nordic countries for a while now, but the studio version did not impress me as much as the live one. So, well done, Norway! This is the second year in a row when my fave wins MGP, keep it up haha.

:10: for now because this is still not reaching the level I want to bestow my 12 onto :coffee:

SAYAY

I am crying - partly because I am sad and partly because I am happy Gåte won! xrose

hpp0

While I appreciate all the folk elements included in this entry, it isn't a song that evokes any particular emotion in me. The verses are decent but the chorus is way too obnoxious for me. The live performance fits the song's vibe but again it's just fine for me. Still, it's probably the most interesting of the chosen entries so far.

I will give it a :6:.

ZoboCamel

Thank you, Norway! As much as I loved KEiiNO's previous two entries, I was sorely hoping for Gate (yes, yes, diacritic, I know. Blame my uncultured Australian keyboard) to take the win tonight. So I was thrilled to see them do just that, even if it was a little close for comfort!

Not quite a perfect rock entry for me - it's missing some of the raw emotion that I got from, say, Viszlat Nyar - but that's a very high bar to set. Still a high :10: for now, and it'll sit alongside Ireland at my top spot, where they both may or may not remain depending on what else we get over the next month-and-a-bit.

Sparky

what is your point here?
My point being:

The utter KEIINO hatred here is ridiculous. If televotes support them, blame the televoters. If the juries support them, blame the juries. Always twist the reality the way to bash this band.

lasse braun

The utter KEIINO hatred here is ridiculous. If televotes support them, blame the televoters. If the juries support them, blame the juries. Always twist the reality the way to bash this band.
ok,thought you have meant something about the 2019 keiino song - in my opinium the most critics have to do with the song from keiino this year - it is a very weak song and live on stage it sounds very clinical = parts especially from the joikman were backing vocals. xqueenbitch

Neo

Neo

IMO mistake by Gåte with that official video. Doesn't fit at all, and just 'demystifies' things.

Yes they have a nice studio, but the video from the semi-final would have been much better to promote with.

Top Bottom