11 5.6%

43 21.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

MopManMoss

Veteran
I'd rather our artist not sound like they're from London, way too many young irish people doing faux American and faux London accents these days

MAD20

Hope the two songs we haven't heard so far are better than these ones... :(

b4ld3r

I want to listen to a properly released version of Go tobann with the lyrics in front of me before I can decide what I think, it sounds way too bitcrushed right now lol

Sabrewulf238

This is supposedly one of them

I feel like I'll be really stuck between this and Go Tobann.

I love that Go Tobann is a modern song that is in the Irish language, something I've been wanting to see for ages...and it's something very different for Ireland.

but I think I slightly prefer Doomsday Blue as a song. (and it's also very different for Ireland, maybe even more than Go Tobann) I also have this gut feeling that Doomsday Blue could really be something special as a live performance.

It'll come down to the live performance but I could see myself voting for both, just one a lot more than the other.

Last edited:

MopManMoss

Veteran
I prefer doomsday blue because the production is 100x better but that can obviously be corrected for Go Tobann, realistic I would be very happy with either going to eurovision but I have big worries about how both songs will come across on the late late

Cathan

I prefer doomsday blue because the production is 100x better but that can obviously be corrected for Go Tobann, realistic I would be very happy with either going to eurovision but I have big worries about how both songs will come across on the late late
To be fair, Doomsday Blue is already on Spotify and ready to go whereas Go Tobann still hasn't been officially released on any platform. I think it will be easier to compare on Friday as that seems to be when Doomsday Blue is confirmed for the selection and Go Tobann is on Spotify.

Sabrewulf238

It does make me a bit nervous. It seems like they've put more effort into song selection this year so I'm really hoping they'll do something with the audio as well....

Doomsday Blue feels like something that could seriously shine if given the proper staging but I have doubts they'll get that on the Late Late Show.

Maybe Bambie Thug can just paint themselves blue and that'll be their Late Late Show gimmick. :ROFLMAO:

SpiritofKeiino

I find it very hard to guess how the jury would respond to Bambie Thug and Ailsha. The performances on the night will be very telling. Both feel like songs that would benefit from big UMK style productions, which aren't going to be possible on the Late Late Show.
I haven't watched clips of either perform before so dunno how either is vocally, the jury may be influenced by that.

I think jury will like Erika and Isabella.
I don't expect much jury love for JYellowL, or the boyband.

At the moment I think Ailsha has the best shot of winning Eurosong based on the nature of the song (different/unusual) and the reaction it's getting. If it gets through it needs proper support in Malmo for a decent staging. It would be very easy to get it wrong with cheapo graphics and overdoing celtic stuff like Ireland has in past.

JYellowL probably a last place so far.

Sabrewulf238

I feel like the national jury will be more likely to gravitate towards Erika and Isabella.....while I think the international jury could gravitate towards Ailsha and Bambie Thug.

Personally I think Go Tobann has a good chance of winning the public vote if it has a solid live performance.

I get the feeling the points could be all over the place.

Ajeje Brazorf

Well yeah true but idk, seems like alot of the fan community seem a little selective when it comes to a song being generic.

Sort of like when one country sends an old-fashioned song its "dated" but then another country sends one its "timeless" :ROFLMAO:

Well, timeless is something that stands the test of time, dated is something that doesn't stand a chance.

Last year's selection was so bad and dated that if "If I could choose", timeless success of Sean Dunphy, presented in 1967, was in the running order, it would have probably won.

MopManMoss

Veteran
I feel like the national jury will be more likely to gravitate towards Erika and Isabella.....while I think the international jury could gravitate towards Ailsha and Bambie Thug.

Personally I think Go Tobann has a good chance of winning the public vote if it has a solid live performance.

I get the feeling the points could be all over the place.
And this is how we end up in another dated louis walsh endorsed nice lads entry at eurovision

njdevils94

Veteran
Not a fan of Bambie Thug's music style at all so that will have to be a miss from me. Doomsday Blue didn't do much for me but it adds diversity of genres to the selection it least.

Cathan

Not a fan of Bambie Thug's music style at all so that will have to be a miss from me. Doomsday Blue didn't do much for me but it adds diversity of genres to the selection it least.

Oh, me neither and when I first heard it my reaction was that this isn't my kind of song, but I can objectively see the quality in it. Over multiple listens I have really grown to like it as it really is a very good song, but I can see it being very polarizing.

I hate to be that guy but the big issue I have with it is the style of the artist. I just find it quite off putting and would fear juries and a lot of voters might feel the same. If it got to ESC I'd be fairly confident it would qualify as these issues won't affect it in a SF as its 100% televote and she'd only have to beat 5/6 songs which it should be able to do but in the final in a field of 26 this issue could come back to bite her.

Top Bottom