9 4.6%

11 5.6%

43 21.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Cathan

Bambie Thug and Jyellow today it seems based on promo.

Bambie Thug we already know is Doomsday Blue

JYellow is supposed to be a song in a similar vein to "Down in the Rain" from last year's selection.

mauve

Veteran
By the way I like Peanut Butter as well.

YUMMY! (and mauve means the SONG. :mrgreen:)

It's funny because I can see a structure as well as a melody in "Go Tobann" (especially when the guitars set in). I think to mix this melody with chaotic elements is an exciting concept. xmusic

elanyvx

JyellowL feat the vocalist Toshín - "Judas"​

Isabella Kearney - Let Me Be The Fire

Mainshow

Veteran
What a day!
Isabella's entry is my favourite one so far! It's probably a :8: from me which is like the highest points for an Irish entry/NF song for a long time.

"Judas", however, is another big fat no. Meh.

SpiritofKeiino

Judas is nice but I don't think Eurovision would respond to it that much.

I'm also kind of sceptical of Let Me Be The Fire too but I guess it has some potential. It feels a little one note tbh.
Re Judas - I think the singing bit is nice especially in the last minute of the song, but the rap part is dull. I agree I think it's a NQ and won't win Eurosong.

Re Let Me Be the Fire - not crazy about the song but it is sort of contemporary and could do some business at Eurovision, not ruling it out as a Q. Really need to see her performance to judge. I think it's much better than the Erica Cody song which is increasingly feeling to me like a NQ.

I think Go Tobann might be a risk worth taking depending on the performance.

Cathan

I actually think "Let me be the Fire" could be a really strong entry with some work, it just feels like it's a tweak or two away from being a competitive entry.

HarryUK

Veteran
JYellowL is a no from me. Sounds like a south London chavvy with an Irish twang - cringe!

Isabella's entry is much better than the rest of the entries so far lyrically. Although I can't help but feel the lyrics would fit a slower song, it sounds out of place against a faster beat tbh

Cathan

Most of the time I agree when an Irish entry (or Eurosong entry for that matter) gets a lot of criticism but I am struggling to see why Isabella's entry isn't getting a more positive reaction, I mean yes it is generic but that doesnt mean its bad.

HarryUK

Veteran
Most of the time I agree when an Irish entry (or Eurosong entry for that matter) gets a lot of criticism but I am struggling to see why Isabella's entry isn't getting a more positive reaction, I mean yes it is generic but that doesnt mean its bad.
It's good for Ireland just generic when you compare it to what other countries offer year in year out
But at least you're only 10 years behind now rather than 15-20

Cathan

It's good for Ireland just generic when you compare it to what other countries offer year in year out
But at least you're only 10 years behind now rather than 15-20

Well yeah true but idk, seems like alot of the fan community seem a little selective when it comes to a song being generic.

Sort of like when one country sends an old-fashioned song its "dated" but then another country sends one its "timeless" :ROFLMAO:

njdevils94

Veteran
Generally not fan of English language rap but this isn't to bad of an effort by JYellowL mixed in with vocals from soul artist Toshín. Interesting enough lyrically too.

HarryUK

Veteran
Well yeah true but idk, seems like alot of the fan community seem a little selective when it comes to a song being generic.

Sort of like when one country sends an old-fashioned song its "dated" but then another country sends one its "timeless" :ROFLMAO:
I mean for me, Iceland 2009 and France 2021 are the best and timeless Eurovision ballads... you won't catch me calling anything else timeless!

I do think generic is a step up from car crash though so take what you can!

Top Bottom