3 1.8%

8 4.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Sparky

Sounds like Margaret Berger is craving Malmö falafel again really really badly. She read about the host city announcement in the newspaper, quickly threw together a song in panic during less than five minutes and then sent it in as soon as she could. :cry:
I'm surprised many love that song. It looks indeed like a song made in half an hour, has no proper melody or anything noteworthy. People shit on KEIINO, and they like this?

I kinda accepted that KEIINO will be lucky to survive round 1 despite the song grew on me fast, but really, please, really, not that awful Berger song. And please, no MyAI. Everything else is digestable, but not these two.

salemsammy

I'm surprised many love that song. It looks indeed like a song made in half an hour, has no proper melody or anything noteworthy. People shit on KEIINO, and they like this?

I kinda accepted that KEIINO will be lucky to survive round 1 despite the song grew on me fast, but really, please, really, not that awful Berger song. And please, no MyAI. Everything else is digestable, but not these two.
I think both my ai and oblivion are ok songs,and I listened to the songs of mgp again and my opinion on many of the songs changed,I still like my ai but not so much now.i think it's a ok song but is something to put on a party I don't know,it's a fun and catchy song in my opinion. Damdiggida I'm beginning to like a little bit more and woman show too,this is my rank now.

1 - you're mine(mileo)
2 - we come alive(gothminister)
3 - touch of venus(eli kristin hanssveen)
4 - stranded(fredrik halland)
5 - judge tenderly of me(anne fagermo,dag erik oksvold)
6 - heartache(farida)
7 - green lights(miia)
8 - eya(ingrid jasmin)
9 - save me(annprincess)
10 - damdiggida(keiino)
11 - my ai(super rob,erika norwich)
12 - ulveham(gate)
13 - oblivion(margaret barger)
14 - mer(vidar villa)
15 - woman show(mathilde spz,chris archer,slam dunk)
16 - heart on fire(myra)
17 - take me to heaven(thomas jenssen)
18 - waltz of death(mistra,benedicte adrian,anders odden)

Kruto

pleasantly surprised by Norway ,1. Ulvenham, 2. We come alive, 3. waltz of death. I love these. Normally I do not like anything in MGP.

salemsammy

pleasantly surprised by Norway ,1. Ulvenham, 2. We come alive, 3. waltz of death. I love these. Normally I do not like anything in MGP.
Waltz of death is the only song I really don't like and I don't think I'm going to like it,it just sounds strange to me and like the song doesn't go anywhere. But everyone likes different things.

Marcos C

Q: Can autotune be used in Melodi Grand Prix?

A:

"Despite the seemingly categorical ban, the EBU acknowledges that a total autotune denial does not exist on the Eurovision stage.

"Autotune can be used as a sound effect on parts of a song, but we do not allow it to correct the tone of the lead singer or the lead choir throughout the song, they say.

"This means that the disputed technology can be used as an element in a registered song, but not in a more extensive form than as an effect."

Last edited:

HarryUK

Veteran
I have FINALLY had the chance to listen to every MGP 24 song! I've also ranked my top 10...

:12: KEiiNO - Damdiggida
:10: Margaret Berger - Oblivion
:8: Gothminister - We Come Alive
:7: Ingrid - Eya
:6: Dag Erik Oksvold & Anne Fagermo - Judge Tenderly of Me
:5: Mistra - Waltz of Death
:4: Mathilde SPZ, Chris Archer & Slam Dunk - Woman Show
:3: Super Rob & Erika Norwich - My AI
:2: Eli Kristin - Touch of Venus
:1: Gate - Ulveham

theditz83

Veteran
My full ranking after giving all the songs this weekend to bed in... Most of them are fine, but there are so many that leave me feeling like something is missing.

KEiiNO is the only one that feels like a complete finished package, and you can disagree based on me being a historical fan of the group or not, but I will stand by that - it is the best produced and executed of the bunch here.

All depends on live versions - anything with 5/10 and above might be good with a strong live performance, anything below 5 probably won't ever be a winner in my eyes even with a captivating live performance.

9/10 KEiiNO - Damdiggida
-
8/10 Mathilde SPZ ft. Chris Archer, Slam Dunk - Woman Show
8/10 Super Rob ft. Erika Norwich - My AI

-
7/10 MIIA - Green Lights
7/10 Mileo - You're Mine
7/10 Thomas Jenssen - Take Me to Heaven
7/10 Farida - Heartache

-
6/10 Eli Kristin Hansveen - Touch of Venus
6/10 Anne Fagermo, Dag Erik Oksvold - Judge Tenderly Of Me
6/10 Gothminister - We Come Alive
6/10 Ingrid Jasmine - Eya
6/10 Fredrick Halland - Stranded

-
5/10 Annprincess - Save Me
5/10 Margaret Berger - Oblivion

-
4/10 Vidar Villa - Mer
4/10 Myra - Heart On Fire

-
3/10 Mistra - Waltz of Death
-
2/10 Gåte - Ulveham

Last edited:

salemsammy

My full ranking after giving all the songs this weekend to bed in... Most of them are fine, but there are so many that leave me feeling like something is missing.

KEiiNO is the only one that feels like a complete finished package, and you can disagree based on me being a historical fan of the group or not, but I will stand by that - it is the best produced and executed of the bunch here.

All depends on live versions - anything with 5/10 and above might be good with a strong live performance, anything below 5 probably won't ever be a winner in my eyes even with a captivating live performance.

9/10 KEiiNO - Damdiggida
-
8/10 Mathilde SPZ ft. Chris Archer, Slam Dunk - Woman Show
8/10 Super Rob ft. Erika Norwich - My AI

-
7/10 MIIA - Green Lights
Mileo - You're Mine
7/10 Thomas Jenssen - Take Me to Heaven
7/10 Farida - Heartache

-
6/10 Eli Kristin Hansveen - Touch of Venus
6/10 Anne Fagermo, Dag Erik Oksvold - Judge Tenderly Of Me
6/10 Gothminister - We Come Alive
6/10 Ingrid Jasmine - Eya
6/10 Fredrick Halland - Stranded

-
5/10 Annprincess - Save Me
5/10 Margaret Berger - Oblivion

-
4/10 Vidar Villa - Mer
4/10 Myra - Heart On Fire

-
3/10 Mistra - Waltz of Death
-
2/10 Gåte - Ulveham
I think every song on my top 13 is well produced,but that is just my opinion,I don't know what to think about vidar villa - mer yet,you didn't liked gate - ulveham or you don't think is going to win?

theditz83

Veteran
I think every song on my top 13 is well produced,but that is just my opinion,I don't know what to think about vidar villa - mer yet,you didn't liked gate - ulveham or you don't think is going to win?
That ranking is purely based on how much I enjoy the song, and is not how I think the results will pan out. And I don't mean that the production is bad for everything below my favourite, just that there could be improvements to certain parts of the songs which would elevate it in my ranking.

salemsammy

That ranking is purely based on how much I enjoy the song, and is not how I think the results will pan out. And I don't mean that the production is bad for everything below my favourite, just that there could be improvements to certain parts of the songs which would elevate it in my ranking.
Yes,I agree with you in this. But my rank hadn't changed,I think all the songs on my top 13 I liked,number 17(I liked before but dislike it now) and 18 i didn't liked. And 14,15,16 I don't know if I liked it or not yet. I just like way too many genres. But overall I think I liked mgp 2024.

Last edited:

martin

Heard Keiino, My AL and Berger. I like Berger song and think that is a good. But afraid is a little bit to sky to stand out. She will probably go to final. But i don,t think she will win.

Keiino songs is very Aqua and not in a good way. It feels like something popular in the 90, but they have som many better songs. Not awful or bad, but very basic

My Al: Super Rob and Erika Norwich. I think this will win. We send the bananas and i could easy see a lot of children and people who like party will vote it. Is not my favorit, but a lot of people will remember it.

salemsammy

Heard Keiino, My AL and Berger. I like Berger song and think that is a good. But afraid is a little bit to sky to stand out. She will probably go to final. But i don,t think she will win.

Keiino songs is very Aqua and not in a good way. It feels like something popular in the 90, but they have som many better songs. Not awful or bad, but very basic

My Al: Super Rob and Erika Norwich. I think this will win. We send the bananas and i could easy see a lot of children and people who like party will vote it. Is not my favorit, but a lot of people will remember it.
I don't want it to win,I don't dislike it but this song is just an ok,catchy song to me. Nothing special.

Sparky

KEIINO has to rescue us from Berger's cacophony and the abomination of MyAI.

And now the dust has settled, I have to say Damdiggida is an amazing song. Maybe not for the first listen, but it doesn't go away easily. Alexandra Rotan has a special performance in this song, she is easily a world class singer who should be famed worldwide by now.

salemsammy

KEIINO has to rescue us from Berger's cacophony and the abomination of MyAI.

And now the dust has settled, I have to say Damdiggida is an amazing song. Maybe not for the first listen, but it doesn't go away easily. Alexandra Rotan has a special performance in this song, she is easily a world class singer who should be famed worldwide by now.
I don't understand,for me, damdiggida, oblivion and my ai are ok songs,but again I listen and like many genres.

Last edited:

LivingOrganism

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I like Damdiggida much more than Spirit in the Sky. I guess a lot of people don't really know Keiino aside from their eurovision performance, but most of their songs are like Damdiggida - electro-pop (kind of), not the folk stuff people expect.

Top Bottom