• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Skrellex is such a nostalgia trip back to the golden days of Mello xheat I'm glad she made it through xclap

jatojo

There has been some criticism of the lighting in the shows. It does seem as if there is plenty of light in the back of the scene, while there is less pointing towards the artists from the front.

NemesisNick

Song 3: Skrellex – "Love Again"
Another lively entry, with a powerful beat. The lasers enhance the song, but I'm mystified as to the significance of the disco balls at the back of the stage. Someone has described this song as mix of Dana International and Verka Serduchka, and I would agree this includes elements of past ESC entries from both those artists. This song also reminds me of DQ - "Drama Queen" (ESC 2007). The only snag is, have Europe, Australia and the rest of the world moved on from what worked back then, and could "Love Again" now be seen as dated and thus flop at the ESC 2023 in May if this wins tonight?

Mainshow

Veteran
Hopefully, people will just vote for Ulrikke because her song are their favourite one and not because of the video (and Ulrikke crying because Eurovision 2020 was cancelled).

That song is so freaking dire

MopManMoss

Veteran
Given Wild Youth won last year this wouldn’t be the most cliche song at Eurovision if Norway sent it

Sammy

Veteran
Hopefully, people will just vote for Ulrikke because her song are their favourite one and not because of the video (and Ulrikke crying because Eurovision 2020 was cancelled).

That song is so freaking dire
You're such an idealist! Gotto love you! xkiss:lol:

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Ulrikke's stylist/hairdresser needs to be sacked for making her look like a young Susan Boyle.

nintchdbpict000136634852.jpg

The song is okay but not a patch on Attention or most of the other songs in the final, it's a shame because I really want to root for her but I can't :(

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
She was robbed of her shot in 2020, but really this isn't it. It's cheesy and very much Eurovision ballad by numbers. She performed it very well for sure, but its not a great choice.

Yoozek

So, anyone also noticed she did worse than in her SF?

Elsie might actually have a chance here after all

Datura

Hm i'm not feeling ulrikke today, vocals are not as strong as they used to be or am i wrong? And the song definitely is not the strongest in the competition

But seriously i wouldnt mind it either if she got the chance to experience eurovision this time, i feel for everybody who got selected in 2020

Cestrian18

Ulrikke performs it to the absolute best if her ability, but the song is so derivative, it sounds very Greatest Showman (to the point my partner turned round and asked why she was allowed to submit a cover 😂)

NemesisNick

Song 4: Ulrikke Brandstorp – "Honestly"
Ulrikke Brandstorp won MGP 2020 with "Attention", and thus would have represented Norway at the ESC 2020, but sadly the ESC 2020 was cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Ulrikke is back this year with "Honestly". Ulrikke has a beautiful and powerful voice, and "Honestly" is a very good ballad. Staging is appropriate for this style of song; swirling smoke / dry ice vapour, light beams and subtle lighting. All this added up to an excellent package, but is this necessarily the best tonight? Sadly Ulrikke could end up winning tonight on sympathy grounds to compensate for her missing out on her Eurovision appearance due to circumstances beyond her (and NRK's and the EBU's) control in 2020.

Decayingbooks

Songwise and in the same genre I liked the second one more than the one that Ulrikke sang but she was a monster on stage.
If she wins it will be because of her power as a singer, that performance was breathtaking

Top Bottom