25 11.5%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Mainshow

Veteran
My parents loved Alessandra (my mother´s favourite), Elsie, Jone and Atle (my dad´s favourite) the most.
Personally, I think that it´s quite a strong line-up (which could be definitely stronger but there´s some potential to reach this year´s Top 10, imo [I know it´s too early to tell but theoretically, it´s possible].

Ulrikke, don´t fool yourselves please, might be a jury pleaser but it will be ultimately tanked by the televoting - please :no: DON´T SEND HER (even if she "deserves" to experience Eurovision)!

• Like It
Reactions: Neo

JSSArcos

My Ranking

1- Elsie Bay 1000/10 ❤️
2- Alexandra
3- Jone
4- Eline
5- Ulrikke
6- Atle Petterson
7- Swing'it
8-Umami Tsunami
9-Skrellex

Zeus

From a ESC-results perspective, I think Alessandra is top 10 material. Jone can do well with televotes, while both Elsie and Atle could survive the semis with "good enough" televotes and get a lot of juryvotes in a potential final. If I'm right Ulrikke is one of the big favourites, and she could get decent jurypoints in a final too, but I actually have doubts over her televoting potential. In a televote-friendly semi she could be left out I feel.

From my personal perspective I don't have a big favourite. Elsie would be okay, but even Alessandra - although some might find that surprising coming from me - I could live with. I mean, it's pop and not amazingly original and all, but she sings it well, there are some elements to it I think that make it a little bit less predictable.. I like the intro for example, that for me is already the best part of the song actually.

• Like It
Reactions: Neo

Neo

Before we go on the final and get disappointed with whatever, can I just say what a crying shame it is that Tiril - Break It didn't make it? Just a top tune, very well sung. It's really grown on me.

For a first-timer on a big stage it was impressive despite the odd sour note. Very watcheable, with all the details and inflections. It looked like she meant it too. Also unusually, the live version was actually better than the studio one IMO.

Neo

Torbjörn Ek, a Swedish journalist in Aftonbladet and 'MGP-expert', is quoted in NRK today that people might vote Ulrikke to the top with sympathy votes because she missed the covid 2020 Eurovision with Attention and is odds favorite, but that this will be a mistake since the song is a cliché heard-it-hundred-times-before and will bomb.

He thinks our best bet in Eurovision is with Alessandra (agree), but if we're brave (we're not), we should send Jone.

Neo

To explain the reason for having a random swede as main MGP story today in NRK as I mentioned in my previous post, it's of course to guide people not to vote Ulrikke, but to vote for Alessandra instead.

Like I said Norwegian are followers, and if there's one thing they will follow more than the majority and consensus (news papers), it's big brother Sweden. NRK journos knows this all too well, and are steering this as they do most things..

rasmuslights

Veteran
Torbjörn Ek, a Swedish journalist in Aftonbladet and 'MGP-expert', is quoted in NRK today that people might vote Ulrikke to the top with sympathy votes because she missed the covid 2020 Eurovision with Attention and is odds favorite, but that this will be a mistake since the song is a cliché heard-it-hundred-times-before and will bomb.

He thinks our best bet in Eurovision is with Alessandra (agree), but if we're brave (we're not), we should send Jone.

tbh I hate all of these options. Jone and Alesaandra are also cliche, the only difference being that they're in a different genre.

Eline Thorp or Elsie for the win.

NemesisNick

The Norwegian national final for the Eurovision Song Contest 2023, Melodi Grand Prix 2023 Final takes place shortly. The 9 finalist songs are:

Song 1: Jone – "Ekko Inni Meg"
Song 2: Eline Thorp – "Not Meant to Be"
Song 3: Skrellex – "Love Again"
Song 4: Ulrikke Brandstorp – "Honestly"
Song 5: Umami Tsunami – "Geronimo"
Song 6: Atle Pettersen – "Masterpiece"
Song 7: Swing'it – "Prohibition"
Song 8: Elsie Bay – "Love You in a Dream"
Song 9: Alessandra – "Queen of Kings"

Good luck to all 9 competing songs. May the best song win Melodi Grand Prix 2023 tonight, and thus become the song which represents Norway in the Eurovision Song Contest 2023

Lopitas

I feel like Ulrikke will win, but mainly because of the 2020 story.
Sadly her song in 2020 was very very good, it is a shame she lost her chance like this. But in this 2023 edition, her song is not the best. I really hope Alessandra "Queen of Kings" can somehow win this, the real potential is here.

hunty73

Xico_16

Ulrikke should have saved "Falling Apart" for this year´s Melodi Grand Prix, that one was a banger

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Alessandra getting the hot closing slot. xheat

theCONWEL

WorldVision & OM Mod
Staff member
GREAT opener from Jone, this would be such a great way to start Eurovision 2023 off as well xheat

Gwendal

ChaChaLand (without Ryan Gosling :( emoji sadboi)
1. Jone - "Ekko inni meg" (Song 7/10, Show 5,5/10)
Vocally still very correct! But I really do not understand the staging: the choreo is ridiculous, it feels disconnected... and Silke, why are you not here for real? It would be 15x less weird than this

Mainshow

Veteran
Jone´s song is not my favourite one but I think that his performance is pretty impressive and it would be something different from Norway, for sure.

He can definitely sell his very energetic and catchy song!

Top Bottom