24 15.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

susanhm

This is so much better than Freedom.

jatojo

Denmark has only sent one real ballad to Eurovision in this century (Anja Nissen 2017). The Danish voters gravitate towards midtempo songs, and that's what makes me a bit worried about Eyjaa - their song is relatively slow compared to most of the others this year. There is something about a song like 'Beautiful Bullshit' that tells me it could be a threat. More than 'Freedom' which I think is being a bit overrated by the bookmakers - it's not melodic enough.

Iker

Veteran
Denmark has only sent one real ballad to Eurovision in this century (Anja Nissen 2017). The Danish voters gravitate towards midtempo songs, and that's what makes me a bit worried about Eyjaa - their song is relatively slow compared to most of the others this year. There is something about a song like 'Beautiful Bullshit' that tells me it could be a threat. More than 'Freedom' which I think is being a bit overrated by the bookmakers - it's not melodic enough.

Beautiful Bullshit sounds like it has a looot of pitch correction to it or something done that smoothed the vocals, I think it is probably not very promising for how live will go.

I don't have any favourite in this race so I am neutral when it comes to my wish for Denmark.

jatojo

Beautiful Bullshit sounds like it has a looot of pitch correction to it or something done that smoothed the vocals, I think it is probably not very promising for how live will go.
You could be right. :) When it comes to live performance compared to studio version, I would regard Sonne as the strongest card.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
You can watch him on TikTok on repeat though xqueenbitchOr there is another 13 yeard old twink from Greece.
lol I'm never setting a foot on TikTok unless I absolutely have to. I'm fully ready to hate Victor's song, and Umami Tsunami when they win in Norway, rest assued.

Reiley has the 'best' song in this very mid selection however.

Arguably a better selection than N*rw*y's might i add.

Schlagerman1

I think (for once) that the Danish NF is actually a pinch better than usually. There are a few songs that I actually find listenable and that I could be fond of here with a good performance. Reiley, Eyjaa and Frederik Leopold has songs that could be decent in Liverpool to see and would actually not be in the bottom 15 in my list, where Denmark almost every year happen to be. But my fave is probably "Lige Her" with Søren Torpegaard Lund. Such a beautiful danish song, reminds me of the old danish songs that I love, a little bit of their debut entry "Skibet Skal Sejle I Nat" in 1957 and also, the amazing "Fra Mols Til Skagen" from 1995. If they are managing a simple yet stunning performance with this, that one could go on to be on my top 10...which would be the first time since 2013 that happens! :eek: :D

jatojo

I think (for once) that the Danish NF is actually a pinch better than usually. There are a few songs that I actually find listenable and that I could be fond of here with a good performance. Reiley, Eyjaa and Frederik Leopold has songs that could be decent in Liverpool to see and would actually not be in the bottom 15 in my list, where Denmark almost every year happen to be. But my fave is probably "Lige Her" with Søren Torpegaard Lund. Such a beautiful danish song, reminds me of the old danish songs that I love, a little bit of their debut entry "Skibet Skal Sejle I Nat" in 1957 and also, the amazing "Fra Mols Til Skagen" from 1995. If they are managing a simple yet stunning performance with this, that one could go on to be on my top 10...which would be the first time since 2013 that happens! :eek: :D

And still, if you look at the Danish track record, Denmark has managed to qualify for the Eurovision finals more often than not. And it hasn't been worse in recent times than in the 00's. So in general, people like the Danish songs a little more than the songs of an average Eurovision country.

AlekS

Veteran
Tomorrow is the final. None of the DMGP songs is on Youtube charts or Spotify (while Norwegian entry is at #61 there)
YVJYVRq.gif

YT views so far:

Reiley - 69.4k
Eyjaa - 46.6k
Nicklas Sonne - 18.3k
Søren Torpegaard Lund - 16k
Maia Maia - 15.5k
Frederik Leopold - 10k
Mariyah LeBerg - 9.4k
Micky Skeel - 7.3k

jatojo

The tendency of recent years to pick cheerful songs is one of the biggest threats to Eyjaa in this competition. There hasn't been a slow winner since 2017 (Anja Nissen). Also, I read that the low odds on Eyjaa were due to various polls - but isn't it often non Danish Eurovision fans that vote in those polls?

Reiley's challenge is to make his falsetto galore sound well. If he does a Mahmood, then the song could easily drop out of the top 3. I wonder what the jury will think of it (if it makes it to the round of the last 3). Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of this K Pop thing, and I didn't like Ingrosso at all. I also think that Reiley's song gets increasingly annoying in the last half.

The nightmare scenario would be Beautiful Bullshit winning. It could become a televote success. But then again, if it makes it to the final, then the jury will surely ditch it in favour of Eyjaa? Søren Torpegaard Lund would be a stronger contender here.

Deleted member 12761

I have just listened to the recap of the songs and from the short snippets my favorites are:

1. Nicklas
2. Reiley
3. Frederik
4. Eyjaa

I think I'm going to watch DMGP tonight.

Top Bottom