Contact us

Romania ROMANIA 2023 - Theodor Andrei - D.G.T. (Off and On)

How do you rate this entry?

2 1.5%

4 3.0%

9 6.8%

11 8.3%

10 7.6%

11 8.3%

9 6.8%

15 11.4%

12 9.1%

20 15.2%

29 22.0%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Mainshow

Veteran
I finally took the chance to listen to all entries (and watch the available live performances).

Seriously, this is absolutely tragic. Even in the darkest times of a Romanian NF, there were still 2 or 3 songs which led to me thinking "oh, that would be great at Eurovision" but this time, there´s not a single song I honestly like.

"Lele" is ridiculously bad - I like the "lelelele" parts but the rest of the song (also the chorus?), it simply made me laugh.
"Statues" - however - shows glimpses of hope but the overall generic and bland atmosphere destroys the whole song for me (and his vocal performance was really bad - but apparently, he knows that he sucked and wants to improve his vocals).
I can´t say anything good about these entries - a few might be mediocre but dunno, it´s impossible for me to rank them - but I tried to do so anyway:

Andrei Duţu - Statues 05/10
Adriana Moraru - Faralaes 04/10
Ocean Drive - Take You Home 04/10
Andreea D Folclor Orchestra - Periniţa Mea 03/10
Deiona - Call on Me 03/10
Maryliss - Hai Vino 02/10
Theodor Andrei - D.G.T. (Off and On) 01/10
Steven Roho, Gabriella and Formaţia Albatros - Lele 01/10
Aledaida - Bla Bla Bla 01/10
Amia - Puppet 00/10
JaxMan - Bad & Cool 00/10
Andrada Popa - No Time For Me 00/10

Songs-wise, this must be the worst NF this year and honestly, I don´t get it.. :ro: used to be a powerhouse and after finally reaching the Grand Final again (and WRS was really great!), I expected more but oh boy... depending on the song/winner, I don´t even believe that 100% televoting could save :ro: this time (:ro: televoting ranked :ro: #14 in 2019, #12 in 2021, #13 in 2018 in their semis and having :md: being able to vote for them, didn´t save them, either).

I strongly believe that :ro: will be struggling this year.

Realest

I finally took the chance to listen to all entries (and watch the available live performances).

Seriously, this is absolutely tragic. Even in the darkest times of a Romanian NF, there were still 2 or 3 songs which led to me thinking "oh, that would be great at Eurovision" but this time, there´s not a single song I honestly like.

"Lele" is ridiculously bad - I like the "lelelele" parts but the rest of the song (also the chorus?), it simply made me laugh.
"Statues" - however - shows glimpses of hope but the overall generic and bland atmosphere destroys the whole song for me (and his vocal performance was really bad - but apparently, he knows that he sucked and wants to improve his vocals).
I can´t say anything good about these entries - a few might be mediocre but dunno, it´s impossible for me to rank them - but I tried to do so anyway:

Andrei Duţu - Statues 05/10
Adriana Moraru - Faralaes 04/10
Ocean Drive - Take You Home 04/10
Andreea D Folclor Orchestra - Periniţa Mea 03/10
Deiona - Call on Me 03/10
Maryliss - Hai Vino 02/10
Theodor Andrei - D.G.T. (Off and On) 01/10
Steven Roho, Gabriella and Formaţia Albatros - Lele 01/10
Aledaida - Bla Bla Bla 01/10
Amia - Puppet 00/10
JaxMan - Bad & Cool 00/10
Andrada Popa - No Time For Me 00/10

Songs-wise, this must be the worst NF this year and honestly, I don´t get it.. :ro: used to be a powerhouse and after finally reaching the Grand Final again (and WRS was really great!), I expected more but oh boy... depending on the song/winner, I don´t even believe that 100% televoting could save :ro: this time (:ro: televoting ranked :ro: #14 in 2019, #12 in 2021, #13 in 2018 in their semis and having :md: being able to vote for them, didn´t save them, either).

I strongly believe that :ro: will be struggling this year.

Well, 2019 killed any Potential Romania ever had. SN gained a bad Reputation so noone interesting will apply anymore. I doubt that Romania will reach its former Topform again. Wrs was a Fluke and objectively deserved better.

After my initial skepticism I think Aledaida has Potential to qualify as 9th-10th as well as Andreea. But thats the Zenith.

njdevils94

Veteran
Ilinca Băcilă will be one of the hosts in Selecția Națională this year. xcheer

mauve

Veteran
This section is quite frustrating. Can't decide at all. irst I kinda liked "Statues", but live he sounds terrible.
So these are kind of okay-ish:

Andreea D. Folclor Orchestra - Periniţa Mea
Aledaida - Bla Bla Bla
Amia - Puppet

Deleted member 12761

Romania has some okay songs in their selection. Lele is a cute bop and I could see it win enough televotes in the SF. Bla Bla Bla is also pretty good (in comparison to the other songs). I watched the recap and Jaxman was so cute. He looks completely lost on stage.

EscGeek

Veteran
This section is quite frustrating. Can't decide at all. irst I kinda liked "Statues", but live he sounds terrible.
So these are kind of okay-ish:

Andreea D. Folclor Orchestra - Periniţa Mea
Aledaida - Bla Bla Bla
Amia - Puppet

This is my top 3 xyaaay

But i have small adjustments

-Switch Amia with Aledaida
-To me, they're more than just "kind of okay-ish". I seem to be the only one excited for this NF xcheers

GlamSIMorous

Can somebody please explain the hype for Theodor? He probably will win this evening and I wanna be prepared, but honestly: I cant grab his song, I dont find it super catchy nor its melodic enough for my mainstream ears xstars

Imma root for Aledaida and Amia. But I doubt they'll win tbh.

Top Bottom