8 3.6%

22 9.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

jatojo

'Nochentera' is now ranked 4th in the odds which is the best placing for the song so far! The sad thing is that the bookmakers seem sure that it has no chance in the final. They are probably right - I just don't get it. :cry:

What's wrong with people's taste? :LOL:

Decayingbooks

There were only 10000 televotes last night, that is a ridiculously low amount for a country the size of Spain.
I guess I wouldn't vote too if I knew my vote would basically count for nothing.
escportugal reported that there were 10 285 televotes, less than 25% of the amount of televotes in last year's first semifinal, 42 501. They also point out that each televote was very expensive(1,45€ for sms and landline calls and 2€ for cellphones) and that rtve is poundering in making it free new year.

MopManMoss

Veteran
I’m already annoyed Megara isn’t going to Liverpool and Benidorm Fest isn’t even 2/3rds done yet

theditz83

Veteran
escportugal reported that there were 10 285 televotes, less than 25% of the amount of televotes in last year's first semifinal, 42 501. They also point out that each televote was very expensive(1,45€ for sms and landline calls and 2€ for cellphones) and that rtve is poundering in making it free new year.
In this day and age, super-costly voting charges won't cut it - not when other entertainment shows are moving to free app voting for registered users (although that has its own issues tbh). They are least need to bring the cost in line with what the ESC voting costs are - shouldn't have to miss a meal just to vote in a song contest.

But yeah, the weighting of the votes will likely be a big factor as well.

AlienSoul

'Nochentera' is now ranked 4th in the odds which is the best placing for the song so far! The sad thing is that the bookmakers seem sure that it has no chance in the final. They are probably right - I just don't get it. :cry:

What's wrong with people's taste? :LOL:

Nochentera is a pleasant song, but musically it stays at the same level all the way through and becomes, for me, fatiguing. The producers should look at a capella groups such as Pentatonix and VoicePlay for examples of changing the arrangements through the song to keep it interesting.

jatojo

Nochentera is a pleasant song, but musically it stays at the same level all the way through and becomes, for me, fatiguing. The producers should look at a capella groups such as Pentatonix and VoicePlay for examples of changing the arrangements through the song to keep it interesting.
It's a slick song - that's its strength. It has a double chorus, so it doesn't need extra fuel. But of course, in a specific song contest context you could argue that it's not noisy enough. That's one thing I don't like about song contests - that they favour theatrical music and staging. Just look at Benidorm 2023.

mauve

Veteran
Can someone post the streams where we can watch the semi? On Tuesday my stream unfortunately died shortly before the end, but I hope I can watch at least some performances tonight!

Not wanting to dance anymore, but I must dance
Looks like it's back to radio for me today and just judging vocals and giving random Spanish gossip and opinions from the DJs (and Varry Brava and Eva Santamaria XD)

Update: no Eva and her thirsting tonight, instead they have Daniel Diges

Last edited:

alca

Can someone post the streams where we can watch the semi? On Tuesday my stream unfortunately died shortly before the end, but I hope I can watch at least some performances tonight!

Biste

Yes, it's already ongoing. Maybe they started 10 min earlier as they went long on Tuesday?

Not wanting to dance anymore, but I must dance
The on-site reporter told the DJs that someone fell during rehearsals because of their shoes and they think they might fall again during their performance tonight, but that they think that maybe because they didn't have to go first that they're more confident and better prepared than their first semi final counterparts

Biste

Famous: Love the song, great act. Unfortunately the vocals were not always there. But love his balls, he didn't try to hide behind a backing track!

simori95

Omg is that the same presenter who wore the pink condom two days ago? Today she looks like catwoman. Love the diversity

Top Bottom