Contact us

UEFA Nations League 2018/19

njdevils94

Veteran
Congrats on :sl: being promoted to League B @EscGeek . xcheer

Do you think they have an outside chance at qualifying for the next world cup now if they get a favorable group?

:am: with a surpising Victory vs Euro2021 Participant :mk:.

After qualifying for their first ever Euros I don't think :mk will be too sad on having another cycle in League C. Another year too look to build for Promotion to League B.

Last edited:

EscGeek

Veteran
@njdevils94
I'll adjust my hopes after the draw. But I'm not counting on the spot in the play offs as a nations league group winner like our stupid media which is already euphoric. :LOL:

Realest

Congrats on :sl: being promoted to League B @EscGeek . xcheer

Do you think they have an outside chance at qualifying for the next world cup now if they get a favorable group?

I think Slovenia will rather qualify via Nationsleague. They are imo the favourite vs Armenia, Montenegro and Albania.

EscGeek

Veteran
I think Slovenia will rather qualify via Nationsleague. They are imo the favourite vs Armenia, Montenegro and Albania.
That's not how it will go down. (Although i wish it would)

Only two of the best group winners of NL that won't finish in the top 2 in the regular qualifiers will advance to play offs where they would need to defeat two opponents before qualifying to Qatar.

Realest

:ch: beat :ua: with 3:0 and :ua: will be relegated to League B therefore.

Looren

Veteran
Wow, Belgium was lucky with the draw, when I see other groups am really happy that our most difficult opponent will be The Neds

ShoeFlo

Challenging group for :de:

We meet the team that almost knocked us out of the Euro, the team that actually knocked us out of the Euro and our all-time nemesis.

Well, I actually don't care about the Nations League anyway

Milos-BC

Tough group for :rs: for sure, all three rivals are good.

I expect difficult and exciting matches against :se: . :no: is also a great team, they have the capacity for much greater results, and I expect two tight matches there.

As for :sl: , we never defeated them before. Ex-yu derbies are always tough and unpredictable, so there is no doubt this will be an exciting clash.

Looking forward to the Nations League. It will be a great test for us before the World Cup starts.

Challenging group for :de:

We meet the team that almost knocked us out of the Euro, the team that actually knocked us out of the Euro and our all-time nemesis.

Well, I actually don't care about the Nations League anyway
At least we won't be bored xheat You think, we Italians have the "thrilling playoffs", the intercontinental cup against Argentina, part of this "iron group" of the Nations League and, God willing, the World Cup in Qatarxfaint

Looren

Veteran
I really feel sorry for the Italian's hearts, after so much emotions after the Euro they'll probably have like 3 or 4 heart attacks when playing against Portugal no matter the result + those games at the Nations League, gosh I don't want to be at their place :lol: :lol:

I really feel sorry for the Italian's hearts, after so much emotions after the Euro they'll probably have like 3 or 4 heart attacks when playing against Portugal no matter the result + those games at the Nations League, gosh I don't want to be at their place :lol: :lol:
This is the usual setting in which Italy is exalted. To give our best we must always have our backs to the wall and fight impossible battlesxheat Have you seen the games against Switzerland? We were calm and confident and we missed direct qualification against a team that was not stronger than usxgaah

This is our testing ground. If we cannot overcome it, we will not be able to win the World Cup!

Even if Italians suffer, we will experience strong emotions and this is the true meaning of fighting battles xyes Pierre Corneille wrote: "To win without danger, one triumphs without glory.xmetal

Looren

Veteran
This is the usual setting in which Italy is exalted. To give our best we must always have our backs to the wall and fight impossible battlesxheat Have you seen the games against Switzerland? We were calm and confident and we missed direct qualification against a team that was not stronger than usxgaah

This is our testing ground. If we cannot overcome it, we will not be able to win the World Cup!

Even if Italians suffer, we will experience strong emotions and this is the true meaning of fighting battles xyes Pierre Corneille wrote: "To win without danger, one triumphs without glory.xmetal

Yeah I saw that game and wasn't surprised of the result honestly, everyone is under-estimating Switzerland but honestly they may be one of the best teams of the world now, not because of their talent (they are very talented but not as much as some other countries) but because of their will of fight ! They'll always fight until they die on the grass and never give up, it's exactly like Croatia at precedent WC, not the strongest team but the one with the biggest will to fight, and they made it to the final !

I think you might be able to qualify to the WC, but will Italians be able to win it ? Idk, they have the talent to make it yeah, but it's not the only factor !

Can't wait for the games and this Nations League, this group is very hard and am gonna support Hungary, they'll surely finish last but their fighting spirit is just so big, we'll have great games !!!!

Yeah I saw that game and wasn't surprised of the result honestly, everyone is under-estimating Switzerland but honestly they may be one of the best teams of the world now, not because of their talent (they are very talented but not as much as some other countries) but because of their will of fight ! They'll always fight until they die on the grass and never give up, it's exactly like Croatia at precedent WC, not the strongest team but the one with the biggest will to fight, and they made it to the final !

I think you might be able to qualify to the WC, but will Italians be able to win it ? Idk, they have the talent to make it yeah, but it's not the only factor !

Can't wait for the games and this Nations League, this group is very hard and am gonna support Hungary, they'll surely finish last but their fighting spirit is just so big, we'll have great games !!!!
Yes, it's true. Never underestimate Switzerland. I also add, never underestimate any team! You must always have respect for the opponent. However, it must be said that without the "tired game" after Euro 2020 (we had the worst path in sequence: Austria, Belgium, Spain and England) and Jorginho's two missed penalties, a bad Italy was about to defeat Switzerland.

Regarding the world championship, Italy has never won by having the best players. The Italian national team has never been sparkling but it has always been a national team that has played with defensive attention, unity and heart. We got 4 world championships playing like this. This is the method of play that destroyed the Brazilian "Futbol Bailado" in 1982 (after the "Tragedy of Sarria" Brazil has a little Europeanized its way of playing football) and it is the best method to be consistent. Golden generations are born and die (Crrujff's Netherlands, for example), an established method of play never dies (it can age but it can always evolve).

The Nations League group is very tough and we face a Hungary who has an Italian coach (he knows our football style), Germany (our football nemesis) and England (who hates us after Euro 2020). Let's see what happens! You are right to cheer Hungary. It is good to cheer on those who are considered defeated from the start. The Hungarians' path is very difficult but they are becoming a very good team xup

In conclusion, speaking of Italy, beyond the many distant thoughts, we still have to face a fierce North Macedonia xmad A step at a time. "Rome was not built in a day". I imagine, even if my thoughts are epic and exaggerated, that the challenge between Italy and North Macedonia will be like this xrofl:

Realest

A few Highlights from Day1:

:fr: vs :dk: 1:2
:be: vs :nl: 1:4
:hr: vs :at: 0:3
:lt: vs :lu: 0:2

ShoeFlo

I love how many surprises we've seen in the first match day: Austria winning by big margin, Denmark winning in France, Hungary beating England. Also I did not expect the Netherlands to humiliate Belgium in such a manner... seems like the goldden generation of Belgium is eventually past its best. Shame I could not see any of these matches.

I wonder whether we can start considering Denmark a dark horse for the World Cup. They've breen great now for a long while

Looren

Veteran
I wonder whether we can start considering Denmark a dark horse for the World Cup. They've breen great now for a long while

I wasn't surprised by their win against France at all, their last World Cup was great, they improved a lot, did an amazing Euro (can't get over the fact the referee robbed them so hard in semis) and yes they're surely a dark horse for the World Cup !

Himan

I have also written Denmark down as a dark horse. The Netherlands is probably an even bigger 'dark horse' both can get to Quarter Finals or better, but The Netherlands 'only' have to beat their group and probably USA/Wales/Ukraine. Which doesn't seem that unreasonable. While Denmark probably has to beat at least one of the top 8 teams to get there, which is a bit more difficult.

Top Bottom