Contact us

FIFA World Cup 2022

Looren

Veteran
Are you sure you want to cheer Ukraine? Humanly and sportingly, I wish them to win and participate in the Qatar 2022 World Cup and who knows, like a Cinderella, to win it surprising everyone but... the victory of Ukraine opens up a scenario that many have not thought of: the remote repechage of Italy :eek:

Let's take a step back first, remember when Iran first and Ecuador then had problems with FIFA? In both cases, if an exclusion had happened there would have been a repechage but this would have been enjoyed only by the national teams belonging to the AFC and COMNEBOL federations. Only in the event of the exclusion of a UEFA team would Italy be rescued thanks to the higher ranking (the victory against Turkey was very important in order not to lose precious points). Now you know that Ukraine is going through a very troubled time and that anything can happen. Surely Ukraine, if it wins, will go to the World Cup and I wish it but we cannot but reflect on a hypothesis that would also leave Italy an infinitesimal margin of maneuver.

So, if you really want to cheer Ukraine you must also hope that everything goes well or... the unthinkable could happen! Michael Corleone is plotting in the shadows! :devilish::lol:

"Italy, Italy, Italy"

Is it the only word you have in your mouth ?

Zerocalcare

"Italy, Italy, Italy"

Is it the only word you have in your mouth ?
I just warned you of a very remote possibility. I told you because last time you were very interested in the developments of the "Iran case".

How could I not have Italy in my mouth today? Tonight there is the "Finalissima" between Italy and Argentina. If Italy wins, it would become "de facto World Champion" (as opposed to the de iure title that the winner of Qatar 2022 will get).

Don't get nervous. It is not necessary. We just have to be happy xkiss

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member

Looren

Veteran
Ukraine won xheart xheart !

Still one step to go ! Let's beat Wales !

You can do it guys !

Zerocalcare

I am there both when we win and when we lose. I will be direct and say without problems that Argentina dominated the game and proved to be the strongest team.

We have witnessed insane individual plays (especially by Messi and Di Maria), defensive solidity, tranquility (attitude of true champions) and tenacity (which Italy lacked). After the first 25 minutes the match was a slow agony. The Italian players have never managed to take the measurements of the opponents and the team was too wide. We were also too apprehensive in marking Leo Messi (he is in great shape tonight) and we let the other players of the Albiceleste do what they liked. For me, only Di Lorenzo (with his anger) and Donnarumma (with his amazing saves) are the only ones who survive this evening.

I add without problems that the difference in technique and offensive potential between Argentina and Italy is embarrassing. It was enough to read only the attack of the first half: Belotti, Raspadori and Bernardeschi for Italy while Argentina could boast Lautaro Martinez (excellent striker), Messi (the strongest player in the world) and Di Maria (an extraordinary champion). I was thinking of a more warlike Italy that could make up for the great talent of the Argentines but the heart was lacking. The azzurro magic that led us to have 37 consecutive useful results (world record), to be European champions (eliminating all the strongest teams) and to rise in the ranking has been lost. But it is not a thing of this evening. Gradually from the Nations League game we lost against Spain we had shown an involution while the failure to qualify for the World Cup caused by Jorginho's missed penalties cut our legs and threw us into depression.

In my comments I am always balanced. I can not help but bow to Argentine supremacy and I wish them to win the world championship in Qatar. Alternatively, I wish Spain to win it (it has been giving us a good game for years) or Ukraine (now as never before it can infuse all its strength into the ball and make an impossible dream come true to make its suffering people rejoice again).

I conclude by saying, with the stoicity of an ancient Roman, that defeats are used to grow by learning from mistakes and by treasuring the pain experienced that will be the future fuel. No matter how bitter the defeats are, we must never break! It's time to be solid, to roll up our sleeves and fight hard to win again. Come on Italy and congratulations again to Argentina. Today you are the best.

Zerocalcare

lo siento
Sinto muito.

Ana Raquel will you tell me what time Brazil were playing tonight? 🤔

Beware that enjoying the defeats of other (I've never done this) never brings good. Better watch out or you'll end up like goalkeeper Barbosa in 1950 and bring bad luck to your team 😆

Since you are intelligent, will you explain this game to me? xrollinglol

Last edited:

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Ana Raquel will you tell me what time Brazil were playing tonight?
No idea my dear, i just care for the clássico rei™️ tonight. Also, I'm not the one bragging about their country so xshrug I'm all about Latino supremacy, and you recognized Argentina yourself as the de facto champion, so who am I to question it?

Since you are intelligent, will you explain this game to me?
Thats my curse at its finest: Brazilian tragedies at cities I used to live 🔥 it comes back to the winning team on the following event - that's why the former champion couldn't even get past the first phase in Russia. hope you enjoyed a piece of my power

Zerocalcare

No idea my dear, i just care for the clássico rei™️ tonight. Also, I'm not the one bragging about their country so xshrug I'm all about Latino supremacy, and you recognized Argentina yourself as the de facto champion, so who am I to question it?

Thats my curse at its finest: Brazilian tragedies at cities I used to live 🔥 it comes back to the winning team on the following event - that's why the former champion couldn't even get past the first phase in Russia. hope you enjoyed a piece of my power
I don't have much to add to your message.

I would like to understand, when did I brag about my country? Writing "IF Italy wins..." does not mean bragging. The "If" has a hypothetical value. You should know that. The same thing is true when I, to reply to a user who considered the Italian national team "miserable" (offensive word), I proved that he was wrong. How? Showing him the palmares. Of the data and not a subjective thought.

I have always been very humble, respectful, objective and open to dialogue. It is not me who brags or offends.

Anyway, be careful. There is a saying that goes "Who despises then buys". Aren't you falling in love with me? It seems like I'm always on your mind xshock1:

Boa noite minha gatinha xlovexrofl

I have always been very humble, respectful, objective and open to dialogue. It is not me who brags or offends.
It’s funny reading this while knowing your history in this forum, you have done the exact opposite too…

You have been neglecting people’s intelligence when they have been arguing and you have insulted them with offensive remarks. Which you very often do when trying to prove everyone here that you are in the right.

Play the game fair and nice, okay?

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
I don't have much to add to your message.

I would like to understand, when did I brag about my country? Writing "IF Italy wins..." does not mean bragging. The "If" has a hypothetical value. You should know that. The same thing is true when I, to reply to a user who considered the Italian national team "miserable" (offensive word), I proved that he was wrong. How? Showing him the palmares. Of the data and not a subjective thought.

Anyway, be careful. There is a saying that goes "Who despises then buys". Aren't you falling in love with me? It seems like I'm always on your mind xshock1:

Boa noite minha gatinha xlovexrofl
I don't get why you're being so defensive if you did nothing wrong?

Love that you wouldn't have taken into account that "the if has a hypothetical value" had Italy won. But since they didn't let's undermine the victory of Argentina instead? :) showing me videos of Brazil losing won't make Italy the finalíssima winner xcry

I don't even come here often because I don't follow soccer that much but every time I come here, you are always talking about Italy even when the team is not involved in the subject.

Not everyone will praise or root for Italy in soccer, sports, and life and general. You don't have to go respond to everyone just to #owned them because you are most likely causing the opposite effect.

And I never said you were cocky or disrespectful or narrow-minded. Didn't compliment you either. Someone can be respectful and open to dialogue and still brag about a particular subject. It happens. Calling me "minha gatinha" when we never were friends and when I didn't give you permission to call me that does not sound so respectful to my eyes, btw.

Edit my team just lost should I blame poor Italy xcry

Last edited:

Zerocalcare

It’s funny reading this while knowing your history in this forum, you have done the exact opposite too…

You have been neglecting people’s intelligence when they have been arguing and you have insulted them with offensive remarks. Which you very often do when trying to prove everyone here that you are in the right.

Play the game fair and nice, okay?
Could I have a list of my offenses? I would like that. Apart from having defined a "creepy" user because he is always the first, together with a few other users, to laugh and use annoying words, I have never disrespected anyone. It was certainly not me who used terms like "miserable" and other offensive terms. Have these people ever been publicly recalled as is happening to me? I do not think so. I have always responded by preferring objectivity and at the very least seasoning my speeches with irony. You are probably confusing the antipathy I arouse in people who cannot make me accept their bullying in silence. If you ask me for education and respect, I am happy to oblige but I will never bow my head nor will I adapt to bullying (at least I will click the "ignore" button for some and I did). I don't care if some people, especially a small circle of "best friends", don't like me. This is me.

Last edited:

Zerocalcare

I don't get why you're being so defensive if you did nothing wrong?

Love that you wouldn't have taken into account that "the if has a hypothetical value" had Italy won. But since they didn't let's undermine the victory of Argentina instead? :) showing me videos of Brazil losing won't make Italy the finalíssima winner xcry

I don't even come here often because I don't follow soccer that much but every time I come here, you are always talking about Italy even when the team is not involved in the subject.

Not everyone will praise or root for Italy in soccer, sports, and life and general. You don't have to go respond to everyone just to #owned them because you are most likely causing the opposite effect.

And I never said you were cocky or disrespectful or narrow-minded. Didn't compliment you either. Someone can be respectful and open to dialogue and still brag about a particular subject. It happens. Calling me "minha gatinha" when we never were friends and when I didn't give you permission to call me that does not sound so respectful to my eyes, btw.

Edit my team just lost should I blame poor Italy xcry
  • Italy was involved in the topic yesterday because it was the day of the final of the Intercontinental Cup (an event before the World Cup). The speech on the UEFA issue was also the presentation of a hypothetical scenario that could also involve our national team. Therefore it is false that I always put Italy in the middle. I do it when it is right to do it.
  • You didn't disrespect? I have read your past words in this Thread where:
  1. you enjoyed in an exaggerated way the Italian defeat for North Macedonia.
  2. you quoted me after the Italian defeat, without my ever speaking to you, writing me the provocative word "lo siento".
  3. in a Soccer Thread you have inserted a theme out of place like that of the migrant crisis in Italy.
Leaving aside point 3, reminding me of point 1 and observing point 2 yesterday, I sent you videos of Brazil's defeats. That they hurt you more than you want to show.

Telling you "minha gatinha" was done to tone down and laugh over the whole thing but apparently that hurt you too.

I will give advice to myself and advice to you, as we can never be on the same page. Let's ignore each other.

Respectful greetings.

Charly

Ukraine 3 - 1 Scotland

Emotion-wise I felt like we could lose for obvious reasons, but I'm happy so much.

xheya
I was at a night out with work colleagues starting our 4 day weekend (thank god for a jubilee) and we were at a snooker and games bar watching it.

Was fantastic

hijirio

Veteran
Could I have a list of my offenses? I would like that. Apart from having defined a "creepy" user because he is always the first, together with a few other users, to laugh and use annoying words, I have never disrespected anyone. It was certainly not me who used terms like "miserable" and other offensive terms. Have these people ever been publicly recalled as is happening to me? I do not think so. I have always responded by preferring objectivity and at the very least seasoning my speeches with irony. You are probably confusing the antipathy I arouse in people who cannot make me accept their bullying in silence. If you ask me for education and respect, I am happy to oblige but I will never bow my head nor will I adapt to bullying (at least I will click the "ignore" button for some and I did). I don't care if some people, especially a small circle of "best friends", don't like me. This is me.
If you call me creepy again, I'm reporting you to the mod team. I hope you don't wanna lose one more fake account of yours. What you are doing is prohibited, and using VPN will not save you. Your broken English, encyclopedia-length posts, and Italy-centric mindset will always give you away. You better start behaving, or I'm contacting the mod team with relevant screenshots&proof to get you off this peaceful forum.
Happy pride month, bieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
  • Italy was involved in the topic yesterday because it was the day of the final of the Intercontinental Cup (an event before the World Cup). The speech on the UEFA issue was also the presentation of a hypothetical scenario that could also involve our national team. Therefore it is false that I always put Italy in the middle. I do it when it is right to do it.
  • You didn't disrespect? I have read your past words in this Thread where:
  1. you enjoyed in an exaggerated way the Italian defeat for North Macedonia.
  2. you quoted me after the Italian defeat, without my ever speaking to you, writing me the provocative word "lo siento".
  3. in a Soccer Thread you have inserted a theme out of place like that of the migrant crisis in Italy.
Leaving aside point 3, reminding me of point 1 and observing point 2 yesterday, I sent you videos of Brazil's defeats. That they hurt you more than you want to show.

Telling you "minha gatinha" was done to tone down and laugh over the whole thing but apparently that hurt you too.

I will give advice to myself and advice to you, as we can never be on the same page. Let's ignore each other.

Respectful greetings.
I never said I wasn't disrespectful (though I don't think anything you said should be an example of disrespect). Also are you saying you guys can freely talk about Iran's women treatment on this topic (which should be ~out of place~) and i can't reply that poor perfect Italy has also its social issues? poor Italy xcry

now calling me minha gatinha and saying I'm falling in love with you not only is it disrespectful but it is also offensive. Would you say the same thing to a man? No? Then don't say it to a woman. :)

AlekS

Veteran
Imho, it's deserved, even if we handed this victory to them. Our guys should follow the rules and insert those emotions deep in the A. Not even gonna comment that own goal.
ps. Tho I understand the additional pressure they had, so I'm not gonna be too negative towards them xhug

Last edited:
Top Bottom