Contact us

How many countries will join?

Loindici

Veteran
Let's predict how many countries will join 2023 edition since some broadcasters got some drama with EBU and Ukraine won the contest.

Loindici

Veteran
We'll have as few as 33, if all the 'alleged of irregular voting' countries will withdraw.

Himan

I think it will be 40.:cool:

StephenMuckle

I'm thinking 38 since it's very likely that Romania and North Macedonia will withdraw.

A-lister

Veteran
39, i think we have many surprise, Czechia and Armenia withrew.

I don't see Czechia withdrawing, maybe Armenia will if the contest will be held in Ukraine since they are russia's puppets but only then... I still see Eurovision as important for Armenia.

EscUKFan

I think we’ll end up with the same 40 as this year again. Bosnia & Turkey will do the usual “oooh we might come back!” over the summer but won’t in the end. The likes of Romania, North Macedonia etc can moan all they want but they we’re caught cheating at the end of the day. They’re lucky to not be disqualified.

dixenborg

I don’t see a mass walkout over the jury voting allegations. Wasn’t Romanian tv’s poll in favour of continued participation?

North Macedonia are a different question. For various reasons their artists and broadcaster have been under huge pressure and criticism from hyper-sensitive nationalists and this has impacted them for two years now. I’m not sure they will be back next year. On the other hand they could justify it as a unique opportunity for promotion of the country. But I wouldn’t want to be the artist taking that on.

Miss Antartica

Seem Romania now want left not only left eurovision but Romania want left Ebu too, maybe the russian gas for them is more important. Seem the new war is ebu vs Russia now, and if you take part at eurovision this mean you are enemy of mother Russia

mitch67

one might wonder if the EBU will try to implement any form of sanctions against the 6 cheating countries anyway, or if it was just noted and remqains a foot note in the contest with the general public losing even more interest in the entire concept..

dixenborg

one might wonder if the EBU will try to implement any form of sanctions against the 6 cheating countries anyway, or if it was just noted and remqains a foot note in the contest with the general public losing even more interest in the entire concept..
The general public show no signs of losing interest and most of them will be entirely unaware of the cheating allegations.

HarryUK

Not exactly but Romanian TV wants to sue the EBU because of the votes of the last Eurovision, this means that relations are cracking with the ebu
Romania should really look at Turkey. Their strop didn't work, and we've not had them in Eurovision now for 10 years. Their withdrawal won't have the impact I feel they think it will.

gigi_copp3

I think Romania and North Macedonia have the most probabilities to leave. I don't think EBU will disqualify the cheating countries, even because Eurovision risks to have, like, 33/34 countries with the disqualification of Azerbaijan, Poland, Romania, Georgia, San Marino and Montenegro.

I think we will have 37 countries with some unexpected retirement

Top Bottom