Let me be your halo
'Cause heaven can't wait for us to finish the fight

And I'm stronger than angels
I'm fearless in danger
And I will bring dark to the light
Let me be your halo
'Cause we've been through hell and back in only one night​

aef

This kind of music is not my cup of tea but this would have been a good entry without concerns about vocal capacities and a save qualifier in my eyes.

Was this the song they submitted?

Lindon

WTF? Andi Knoll just said that Montenegro used the saved money of the years they didn't participate in the ESC to buy three cars for the CEOs of the news department? We can be CEO..

MopManMoss

Veteran
WTF? Andi Knoll just said that Montenegro used the saved money of the years they didn't participate in the ESC to buy three cars for the CEOs of the news department? We can be CEO..
they must have very sharp teeth

Lindon

Yesterday Halo surpassed 6 million streams on Spotify. Over half a million only on Tuesday and Wednesday.

aef

Actually SF2 is way more weak in my opinion, I wonder if we qualified there. Quite a silly question I know but I was just wondering right now.

Lindon

I switched to Netflix. Ozark season 4 final

Ezio

Veteran
i just came home from the bath house and watched Czechia. They nailed their staging. Ffs. I love Halo more but they did a better job.

not interested in the rest of the show, gonna skip Saturday as well. Spain is not gonna win, Poland neither, so I have no stakes there

Ezio

Veteran
Jupiter the bitch is now in Aries. So upbeat and fast paced music is more liked now, sentimental stuff less

Franzilein

This kind of music is not my cup of tea but this would have been a good entry without concerns about vocal capacities and a save qualifier in my eyes.

What the hell... how can you not send them D: Oh Österreich... nächstes Jahr dann, ja?

Lindon

What the hell... how can you not send them D: Oh Österreich... nächstes Jahr dann, ja?
I've no idea how they sound live under stress. We shouldn't focus on the song so much. Hey ho let's go.

Last edited:

Franzilein

I've no idea how they sound live under stress. We shouldn't focus on the song so much. Hey ho let's go.

They've been around since the early 00's, I think they know how to handle stress. And I've seen them live once, they are a m a z i n g! Didn't know they had been in contention for Austria this year, what a missed chance, reminds me of our situation in Germany. We can join hands I guess :lol:

Lindon

"The disappointment is of course great, after all we didn't make it to the final for the third time in a row. We simply have to analyze how it is possible that a song that has been extremely successful on YouTube, Spotify and Co still doesn't get enough votes to make it to the final," says HOD Stefan Zechner, who has been responsible since 2011.

"In Austria the Song Contest is still belittled a bit, even if the musical quality has improved significantly".
He cannot say how things will continue in concrete terms, "especially since we have a new program director in Stefanie Groiss-Horowitz. We will consider together how to approach the Song Contest. The question is, what needs to be changed, what new approaches can be made".
When asked if he thought it would make sense to connect the ESC candidates with a format like "Starmania", Zechner says: "That's one of the many options. But it's possible that someone wins "Starmania" who doesn't actually would be good for the Song Contest. If you make your own preliminary decision, on the other hand, you have the problem that you have to find artists who are willing to face a competition. And many established musicians don't want that." A rough decision on how to proceed should be made in June, "because if a new system is to be implemented, we have to prepare for it over the summer."

aef

That was my clear favorite from the internal selection.
Haha I also got behind them during the past days, was Melancholy Angel also the song they submitted? If they only submitted too late maybe they are a serious option for next year.

I think ORF will try something completely different again anyway. We were only really successful with out of the box acts like Conchita and Alf Poier in the past 20 years. Cesar Sampson was the only one who succeeded with a "normal" entry.

sigi

Haha I also got behind them during the past days, was Melancholy Angel also the song they submitted? If they only submitted too late maybe they are a serious option for next year.

I think ORF will try something completely different again anyway. We were only really successful with out of the box acts like Conchita and Alf Poier in the past 20 years. Cesar Sampson was the only one who succeeded with a "normal" entry.
Yes..."Melancholy Angel" was that song.

aef

Yes..."Melancholy Angel" was that song.
Okay it's a real pity then because this song would probably do really well at Eurovision - let's hope, maybe they will apply again

marty

For a NQ Halo has very good streaming figures. They still are rising in many european countries. Things did not run like we thought but I think Halo was one of the best Austrian entries. we certainly can be proud of it.

Lindon

i just came home from the bath house and watched Czechia. They nailed their staging. Ffs. I love Halo more but they did a better job.

not interested in the rest of the show, gonna skip Saturday as well. Spain is not gonna win, Poland neither, so I have no stakes there
I will probably skip Saturday as well for the first time in many years. In the end of the 90s and early 00s I also stopped watching the contest for a few years. Diese Jahre sind mein schwarzes ESC-Loch.

Franzilein

That was my clear favorite from the internal selection.

They would have joined France, Italy, Finland, The Netherlands as my overall favourites this year xgaah Yes, it is metal, but Melancholy Angel is also very melodic and more accessible for a brighter audience –very Blind Channel-esque. Really hope they will try again next year.

Ezio

Veteran
I will probably skip Saturday as well for the first time in many years. In the end of the 90s and early 00s I also stopped watching the contest for a few years. Diese Jahre sind mein schwarzes ESC-Loch.
i have seen all ESC since 1990, with the exception of 2009. ORF only broadcasted the voting live and the show afterwards. Honestly, skipping Eurovision is something that already crossed my mind 2019 and 2021. The show has become so generic and the wheel of Eurovision is spinning faster and faster and I feel like my lifetime is running out.

seeing Austria not in the final for 5 years at least, is awful. I wonder how many times I will see them until I die and how many times will they be really successful. Maybe once Or twice…

Top Bottom