Contact us

Live EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2022 FINAL DISCUSSION

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Please use this thread to discuss rehearsals in general and also to follow along with all of the live shows in Turin.

Matt, Melanie and Roy from the ESC United team will be LIVE in Turin over the coming days, with yours truly joining them on the ground in the coming days.

Make sure to join Matt for the round up of Eurovision 2022 rehearsals from 10:00 CET, LIVE on Youtube. Links to all live streams are below;

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

For individual countries' reactions and interviews, please check out the specific country thread.

Make sure to also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch and our new TikTok account for all of the latest behind the scenes and reaction from Turin!

>>> Click HERE for the Eurovision 2022 rehearsal schedule <<<

Last edited:

eurovizian

I don’t know, people were upset about Ronela going all sexy, about N. Macedonia throwing her flag away, about MDB disturbing the host etc - I think you CAN be upset about Cornelia making fun of dead people.
Sure, you may or may not, but it's still not a healthy or I dare say, the "normal" reaction.

lacrymea

If you´ve missed the super disturbing, embarrassing and probably drunk(?) moment of Cornelia "shooting the host" and telling him how to look like a real dead person whilst there were Ukrainian flags and city names in which acts of war and genoicide took place in the press conference´s room

This is awful. And disrespectful, to be honest.

theditz83

Veteran
Okay noted. I think we just need to be very careful with how our words could be misunderstood or taken out of context in insolation. Hopefully no-one in the press centre took offence.

I'm sooooo ready for the final running order now - give me the good stuff nooooowwww!! xheat

midnightsun

Veteran
Okay noted. I think we just need to be very careful with how our words could be misunderstood …
I‘m certainly not "woke" and I am not being harsh on every joke made.

But "Die together" is glorifying death (we will always have each other) and it leaves a bad taste imho.

But anyway… let’s better talk about the running order. I‘m excited how they will stage this to keep people awake til the end.

Ajeje Brazorf

For the running order, I predict something like this:

First half:
Romania, Switzerland, Germany, Norway, The Netherlands, Czech Republic, Portugal, Spain, Italy, France, Ukraine, Finland, Armenia.

Second half:
Iceland, Belgium, Poland, Lithuania, Australia, Uk, Azerbaijan, Moldova, Sweden, Serbia, Greece, Estonia.

Mainshow

Veteran
Okay noted. I think we just need to be very careful with how our words could be misunderstood or taken out of context in insolation. Hopefully no-one in the press centre took offence.

I'm sooooo ready for the final running order now - give me the good stuff nooooowwww!! xheat
Yeah, I just got slightly upset (it´s a strange feeling to describe) because she even showed the host "how to look like a dead person" and tried to "put his arms into a right position" and thought it was funny. Since the camera "showed us" the journalists with Ukrainian flags and the names of shelld and destroyed cities a few seconds/minutes before - it just triggered something in me and I immediately had to think of all the "dead bodies" I saw from Hostomel, Butcha, Kramatorsk - I really freakd out about it a little.

Anyway, I don´t want to blow it out of porportion (that´s why I didn´t post it in the Swedish thread because it just happend now during the press conference)- like I said - just answering you to make my "unrest"/feeling understand a bit better.
I´ll probably be voting for her on Saturday night as well and I´m already calming down but like I said, I immediately saw the pictures of the genocide of Ukrainian people in my head.

Mainshow

Veteran
The results mean that:
  • Poland and Romania are back in the final for the first time since 2017
  • Israel miss out on the Grand Final for the first time since 2014
  • Georgia has failed to qualify since 2016
  • Malta and San Marino have failed to qualify for the final time since 2018
  • Cyprus miss the final for the first time since 2013
  • Ireland and North Macedonia don’t make it to the final for the third contest in a row
  • Montenegro has failed to qualify for the final every year since 2015

theditz83

Veteran
I hope we don´t have to wait until 3 am :D
Is it 3am that they've said they are doing the running order? What a bizarre time to publish it if so.

For the running order, I predict something like this:

First half:
Romania, Switzerland, Germany, Norway, The Netherlands, Czech Republic, Portugal, Spain, Italy, France, Ukraine, Finland, Armenia.

Second half:
Iceland, Belgium, Poland, Lithuania, Australia, Uk, Azerbaijan, Moldova, Sweden, Serbia, Greece, Estonia.
Switzerland and Germany together seems a challenge. I'd say Germany would make more sense in the France/Ukraine/Finland run. And I honestly think they might have Moldova or Sweden last rather than Estonia.

Mainshow

Veteran
hat they've said they are doing the running order? Wha
No but that´s the longest we´ve ever had to wait for it and dunno, I think that the EBU needs more time to come up with a great running order this time because the first half is rather packed and the 2nd half got more slower songs - I don´t expect to get the running order before 2 am, tbh . hope I´m wrong, though.

Ajeje Brazorf

Is it 3am that they've said they are doing the running order? What a bizarre time to publish it if so.

Switzerland and Germany together seems a challenge. I'd say Germany would make more sense in the France/Ukraine/Finland run. And I honestly think they might have Moldova or Sweden last rather than Estonia.

Maybe you are right about Germany. I still think that Sweden is not gonna close, and I had the same doubt about Moldova and Estonia, but I choose the latter because Moldova is an uptempo and will be probably used to split some ballads in between of the half.

Mainshow

Veteran
I just hope they place :au: , :pl: and :az: are set apart from each other as much as possible - their songs might be "targeting the same audience(s)" (like most bloggers seem to believe and I also think that they are not entirely wrong about this). Unfortunately, all of them are in the 2nd half - quite a challenge for the producers, imo.

theditz83

Veteran
Hmm, will probably need to catch-up on the running order tomorrow tbh since I need to sleep soon - will stay up for another 30 mins probably.

Who do you guys think was the unlucky 11th of this semi - for me, I think it might have been :ie: - Brooke performed really well and it popped well in stage.

Mainshow

Veteran
Hmm, will probably need to catch-up on the running order tomorrow tbh since I need to sleep soon - will stay up for another 30 mins probably.

Who do you guys think was the unlucky 11th of this semi - for me, I think it might have been :ie: - Brooke performed really well and it popped well in stage.

I also believe that #11 to #12 were probably :cy: and :ie: (not being far apart from each other).
In the end, I didn´t vote for :ie: because the whole performance didn´t impress me as much as the 2nd rehearsal but I would have loved to see her on Saturday again. It was a very engaging and energetic performance whilst she didn´t get rid of her "cute vibes".

I expect :mk: to have finished last - she sang it very well, though.

Zeus

I guess I'm in the minority, but I'm quite happy with the results once again. Australia and Serbia were my favorites. And I didn't want San Marino to make it. Seeing it once was already enough (and hearing it as well lol).

I guess that this year the juries have strong favorites (like in each semi 4-6), but the televote not so much. I think that juries and televotes agreed on quite some songs (Ukraine, Greece, Portugal, Netherlands, Sweden, Poland..) and that televotes were quite balanced furthermore.

But you could say that the entries with not so much jury-appeal who made it to the final, have to be real televote-favorites. So Moldova, Norway, Serbia, Czech Republic, Romania maybe..

Ajeje Brazorf

Ireland or San Marino in my opinion. One between Brooke and Achille came 11th. Maybe Achille, because I can see him being in a top 10 spot with the televoting.

Mainshow

Veteran
I guess I'm in the minority, but I'm quite happy with the results once again. Australia and Serbia were my favorites. And I didn't want San Marino to make it. Seeing it once was already enough (and hearing it as well lol).

I´m very happy and satisfied with the results as well.
I loved "Ela" but the performance wasn´t as captivating as I imagined it to be - Also, she sounded a bit flat and quite off-key at parts.
I´d have loved to hear it another time, though - same applies to :ie: but here it´s the other way round - the song´s not totally up my ally but I felt pretty much entertained by her choreography.

Israel - I kinda felt indifferent to it at some point - I voted for it because I´d have loved to see it in the final but we´ve seen better choreographies, stagings and entries tonight and thus, I´m fine with the way it is.

:be: is a song I personally heavily dislike but oh well, I also have to admit that his performance was really, really great. Same applies to :cz: - My parents even voted for it (even them I told them not to hahah)

Top Bottom