Contact us

Prediction : Semi-finals qualifiers

Looren

Veteran
Everything is in the title xD

Very open year tbh, many songs can qualify, who do you think will qualify from both semis ?

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
In: :ua: :gr: :pt:
In, probably: :no: :nl: :md:
In, but in trouble: :at:
Wow, I can’t believe I have these down to qualify: :lt: :is: :ch:
Out, but could cause trouble: :al: :bg: :dk:
Out, but figuratively, anything’s possible: :lv: :hr: :am:
Out, but literally, anything’s possible: :sl:

Realest

Last Prediction during the Show:

:ua::no::gr::nl::pt::md::al::lt::lv::am:

theCONWEL

WorldVision & OM Mod
Staff member
After performances: 🇦🇱🇱🇻🇺🇦🇳🇱🇲🇩🇩🇰🇦🇹🇬🇷🇳🇴🇦🇲

Bobjan FR

At the last moment, I will say :

Albania, Lituania, Ukraine, Moldova, Netherlands, Norway, Armenia, Greece, Portugal, austria

GermanBango

Hahahaha guess the „BIG POINTS“ from Denmark weren’t enough for Austria after all. xheat

Charly

For me its merely quite impossible to provide full predictions of who qualifys etc.

But netherless the way I will put this:

SEMI 1 Safe Qualifiers:
:ua: :gr: :nl: :no: :am: :al: :lt:

Semi 1 Battleground:
:lv: :at: :is: :md: :ch:

Well it seems I was wrong with Albania being a safe and I actually accidently forgot to put Portugal in my safe qualifiers I knew i was missing a flag :s

But apart from that I think I was spot on especially in my head Iceland qualifying

LoveHate

Semi 1
Ukraine
Norway
Greece
Netherlands
Portugal
Moldova
Albania
Austria
Armenia
For the last spot heart says Lithuania, mind says Latvia.
Heart got 8/10. Switzerland and Iceland were a bit boring, but I must admit their live performances elevated the songs. Marius probably nailed the jury performance.

VirginiaVision

I got 8/10. Had :md: and :is: swapped with :al: and :lv:. Very sad about Latvia since it was my favorite entry this year :(

I was shocked when :ch: qualified, but then discovered that I had actually predicted it would... guess I forgot

Mainshow

Veteran
That´s my "final" predication (after watching the short 2nd rehearsal clips + "based on" my gut feeling):

Semi 1:
:ua: :no: :gr: :is: :pt: :lt: :md: :at: :am: :nl:

Semi 2:
:se: :pl: :au: :cy: :fi: :rs: :ie: :ee: :ro: :sm:

Semi 1: 9/10

After seeing the 2nd rehearsal clips, I thought that :at: would be a sure qualifier - I´m shocked :ch: qualified instead but oh well, I´m not unhappy about this - Overall, I´m really happy about the results and pleasantly surprised that :md: :nl: :lt: :pt: and especially :is: qualified! Europe, you´ve got some taste!! ;)

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
I went nine for ten in semi 1, so let's parlay this misplaced confidence into more predictions!

In: :se: :ee: :au: :pl:
In, probably: :rs: :be: :cy:
In, but in trouble: :sm: :az: :fi:
Out, but could cause trouble: :mt: :me: :ge:
Out, but figuratively, anything’s possible: :ie: :ro: :cz:
Out, but literally, anything’s possible: :mk: :il:

Part of me wants to push the button and jettison :fi: from the qualifier list, but I think the nostalgia of the name will JUST pull them through to the final. Just.

Yazy

For semi 1, I guessed everybody except for :ch:.

I had :al: instead.

Then again, I couldn´t watch the show so I´m not sure if I would have changed up any of my predictions after seeing the full performances.

GermanBango

Finally found the time to do my voting simulation based on voting patterns, polls, Youtube views, rehearsal reception and odds. This is what I got:

Overall
20221.jpg

Jury
2022jury1.jpg

Tele
2022tele1.jpg
9/10 😎
Guess my prediction wasn’t as „crazy“ and „made-up“ after all. Muhahaha.

TiSc

The qualifiers from last night weren't so bad for me personally. I got all my favourites and then another four I would have put through if I had to decide all on my own. I just would have swapped Switzerland for Croatia, but I'm completely fine with the results, I think Switzerland is a great entry, just not my personal taste.
So who knows, perhaps my personal favourites aren't so far off of what will actually happen this year.

Qualifiers I need for the second semi: Serbia, Poland, Australia, Czech Republic and Sweden.
Additional qualifiers I would put through if I alone was in charge: Georgia, San Marino, Belgium, Estonia and Finland.

But I have a hunch, the second semi won't go down as easily as the first. I'm confident about the five I need, but I guess, I will lose either San Marino or Georgia, and I'm expecting Cyprus to make it through instead.

Sabrewulf238

I'll probably post my final prediction in the live show thread for the second semi after everyone has performed (and I've finished voting!)

I feel pretty solid about 7 songs qualifying right now (Sweden, Poland, Australia, Serbia, Estonia, Czech Republic and Cyprus) but then from about 8th place down to 14th it all seems very mysterious to me. I think there's definitely room for some surprises tomorrow night.

HayashiM

Veteran
Is this the most open semi, like, ever? My prediction: :se: :pl: :ee: :az: :au: :rs: :be: :cy: :il: :sm:

Sailing through with no doubt: :se: :pl:
Most probably Q: :ee: :az: :au: :rs:
Borderline Q: :be: :cy: :il: :sm: :cz:
Borderline NQ: :me: :fi: :ro: :mt:
Most probably NQ: :ge: :cy:
Almost chanceless: :mk: :ie:

I don't really see a clear televote magnet in this semi (except maybe :se:) and because of that, I believe the middle of the scoreboard will be extremely close, possibly favouring the juries' favourites.

The odds overestimate the relative chances of: :au: :rs: :cz: :fi:
The odds underestimate the relative chances of: :az: :il: and especially :me: (I have her as a borderline NQ, but if anyone is shocking us like Switzerland on Tuesday, it's definitely Vladana).

Leaks based edit:

Last edited:
Top Bottom