Who'd wanna be a king
Pulling too many strings
All that I've done
Oh Lord, I'm done

Gonna take my body down
Right down, down, down to the river​

Last edited by a moderator:

burrito

the running order situation is neither good nor terrible here, could be worse but at least we have this nice transition from :ro: to us

Iker

Veteran
Yes. I know. But I am hoping Poland will win the semi, but not now with that overrated Sweden getting the pimp slot and Montenegro coming after.
Well, the producers obviously know the result of the semifinals before making a running order for the GF. It certainly has never happened to a SF winner to get that dreaded no 2 in the final running spot since the random running order for ditched for instance.

burrito

Well, the producers obviously know the result of the semifinals before making a running order for the GF

now we can safely assume they believe in :se: winning the semi but i'm wondering how do they think about Krystian given the spot he's got

empo21

Veteran
Day 123 of not understanding the hype around this. I like the song for what it is, but a frontrunner? A potential semi final winner?? I don't see it and this is one of my pick for fan fave that underperforms.

As for the draw, it seems like he might be either before or after a commercial brake, so not too bad. He should be good, unless Vladana decides to sing her song instead of shouting it.

:5: from me

VikingTiger

The start of this song is very promising. As is the start of the vocals. But I must say Ochman looses me pretty soon. I am not fond of the melody of the verses. And falsetto was never my thing.
But even though this is not my cup of tea i can definitely see why people enjoy this. A 6 from me.

Preuss

I mean, I think this will do well in Eurovision, and I hope it does do well. Though its fate entirely relies on what they do on stage and whether Ochman can convey the song better than he did in the NF. It's all on Poland and Ochman now, not whether they perform some slots before or after the other favorites lol

empo21

Veteran
I feel like the song is too dramatic and theatrical, while Ochman simply isn't. Same goes for Azerbaijan.

I'm hooked on this song and his voice, love the lyrics as well (the king who wants to rule it all and then drowns small before the Lord, can't be more contemporary than it is).

However, I deeply regret the break after the 2nd chorus and then repetition of the refrain. Not only that it made the song "too simple" or even too repetitive, but that part of the song also needed some shift in vocal dynamics that could have sounded more soft and intimate. Instead they chose the screaming "jury" trap, which sounds uncomfortable.

Therefore, a strong 7.

Mainshow

Veteran
I feel like the song is too dramatic and theatrical, while Ochman simply isn't. Same goes for Azerbaijan.

Fair enough that you don´t like the song because "it´s too dramatic/theatrical" - BUT Ochman´s songs and his debut album are pretty much dramatic and theatrical.
He may look like some straight, ordinary "son-in-law material" but "River" - which he co-wrote, btw - perfectly suits his career/catalogue. It´s simply the style of his music/artistry and thus, very authentic (unlike :az: since we haven´t heard any original material by Nadir and the entry from Azerbaijani was penned by Scandinavian writers).

Last edited:
I don't understand the buzz about Ochman not being the best respresentative of his song.

To me he appears very authentic. His voice is what makes the soul of the song.

Let's not confuse somebody's looks and visual apperance with their substance. It's superficial.

We did that last year as well and punished unjustly Gjon's Tears when we saw him on rehersal 1. He is like that, appears clumsy and awkward. But he did have the best song of the contest in fact and yes, he lived his song. He wasn't fake in any sense.

Top Bottom