Where are you now when I miss you?
You're sailin' around in my peripheral
Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Where are you now?​

Last edited by a moderator:

Phoenix

This was the first song of the season that I listened to and it has held up well. It has all of the ingredients that make a decent edm track, but it kinda lack soul, like many of them do.

midnightsun

Veteran
Ok, then i guess Czech Rep should quit Eurovision again…

Nope. In for a penny, in for a pound. :giggle:
I am really happy that the Czech Republic is back in the game for many years now and is taking the contest seriously. I actually love almost all of your entries and don’t you dare quitting!

But, on a more serious note: We did not have a diaspora with Mikolas Josef or Lake Malawi…

Yeah but you know… M. Josef had a really outstandingly good song and Lake Malawi, as much as I like them, did it with the help of the juries.

I don’t say there is as much neighbour voting as it used to be in the past but you can’t deny some countries benefit from their diaspora. Not saying these will get a song to victory but sometimes they can tip the scale when it comes to the last qualifying rank in the semis.

ChiversLookDivine

As I feared, this doesnt translate well on stage. Austria gonna sound equally bad I guess. Only Loreen could make a clubbish song sound strong live :coffee:

I think of the two, Domi have the best chance. I think they've had rough luck with their last two live performances and I want to believe they can pull it together for the ESC.

I've always thought these sorts of songs are risky. Darude showed the risk best.

I feel like Lights Off/Halo are the opposite of In Corpore Sano for me - with Serbia the studio version and music video are quite flat and lack character, but it's that live performance where Konstrakta pulls together the whole package, it's the visuals that are the secret sauce. Whereas Lights Off and Halo sound amazing... on Spotify. They are the sorts of song we get every year that have a great energy in the music video that can never quite be replicated live on stage.

empo21

Veteran
So apparently they had technical diffulties here as well 🙄 🙄 🙄

Yeah this going to crash and burn in the semis

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
My review:

This is like a weaker take on the same soundspace that the Austrian entry tries to deliver in, the vocals are very processed and somehow the hook isn't so strong so the song, while being uptempo (a plus this year!), melts into the background and easily forgotten unfortunately like something you could hear in a bar lounge or something. With that said, it is still one of the stronger entries Czechia sent to the contest yet.

Zerocalcare

This morning I decided to give my impressions of the Barcelona Pre Party 2022 and the singers who performed there.

Aside from the fact that the Pre Party stage wasn't great (it's something that can be accepted in a pre-contest), I personally found the sound system terrible. The amateur quality audio did not help the singers express themselves at their best nor did the public enjoy the songs as best they could.

The Pre Party was interesting because, as I expressed in the San Marino thread, it shows the strengths and weaknesses of the singers and their songs.

These opening lines will be the same for all pre-party attendee threads. It's a kind of preface.

Now let's talk about We Are Domi and "Lights Off". Assuming that I'm not a fan of the frontwoman's singing skills, I was amazed at how great We Are Domi's performance was, one of the best. This happened at a small live concert with many limitations! At the Eurovision Song Contest 2022 he can go up in flames on stage! Listening to We Are Domi at the Pre Party, I will be blasphemous, I think that in the 90s they would not have been the best but they would certainly have withstood the impact of the young public. Now, even if I still don't like the frontwoman's voice very much, I expect great things from them in Turin. Good luck!

SarahM

Even though this is not my favourite song, I originally thought this would do fairly well at the Eurovision (I personally find the "where are you now, where are you now, where are you now?" too repetitive). They seem to be struggling a lot with technical difficulties and I'm not convinced with the lead singer's vocal ability. The crowd at Barcelona seemed to respond to the song well though. Hopefully the next pre-parties will have better audio.

I bims

Veteran
Not heard a single, passable live performance of this which has to be a worry. The track is decent but it needs much improved live execution.
What about this one though? That was live on tape. She can do it, if they finally give her a working in-ear.

• Like It
Reactions: Rob

Diego

Why are people scared to be after Sweden? Guys, the two songs are complete opposites. Another thing: "Lights Off" will close the semi right after FOUR ballads/down tempo songs in a row. I don't think it could be better than that.

crashworld

Veteran
I also think it's a good draw for Czech Republic and the only act that should close the show. The lead singer better get her act together. She is currently the weakest link here. Unless the delegation screws up the staging again.

empo21

Veteran
I don't think :cz: is in that of a good spot tbh

Domi's vocals are iffy. Coming after :se: is unfavourable for multiple reasons: Following a big winner favourite, good vocals, intimate staging - overall a professionally produced package. I worry that :cz: will come off as too inexperienced after :se: if the vocals do not improve.

midnightsun

Veteran
right after :se: ? not really sure

Not only this, it’s really not a good finisher. It’s far too soft to really make an impact at the end of the semi, it feels like the beginning of an interval act or even less, a break like at the broadcasting of a soccer premier league game at half-time after the interviews while they are waiting for the second half to begin. It feels like background music to fade out the semi at this spot.

• Say Yay
Reactions: Rob

ArmpitOfEurope

In the betting odds of semi 2 its on 8th place to qualify

Yeah but Azerbaijan can bring good staging again and they can make it, they are 11 in the odds. So someone may lose out, based on those live performances, Lights off isnt safe at all.

Top Bottom