But if we die together now
We will always have each other
I won't lose you for another
And if we die together
I will hold you till forever
If we die together, die together now​

Last edited by a moderator:

hpp0

I really dislike the first part of the song, but the rest is great. It is from the better ballads this year and it is dynamic enough to keep my attention.

If they don't fuck up the staging, it can get top 10, but I don't see it higher than 7th place. Then on the other hand, except from 2 - 3 songs, none of the other songs so far seems like a contender for top 10 so who knows. But I don't think it will be popular enough with the televoting at least to win.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Fabulous, it sounds like something I'd listen outside of ESC. I wasn't sure she'd deliver but she did! The only thing I'm not super keen on is the intro with the exaggerated auto-tune, it lowkey gives it a demo vibe for a good second lol

Anyway, my new favourite xhmmm :12:

Koori

I'd give it another 12 if not the first part of the song, it sounds as demo and I don't like an autotune. Pity

ArmpitOfEurope

I really dislike the first part of the song, but the rest is great. It is from the better ballads this year and it is dynamic enough to keep my attention.
Had a similar initial reaction to the first part but now I think the acapela-vocoder thing is cool, unique and it helps the song to build beautifully, coz it starts from no music at all

Schlagerman1

Damn..... I didn't see that coming. Maybe time to collect all the pennies the greeks have left, cause if the performance in may is strong, they might have to host ESC next year. Beautiful pop song, filled with emotions and it does feel like a greek entry, but with a norwegian touch into it, just like Amanda is. This girl isn't playing around, she is in it to have her big breakthrough. Good choice Greece! xangel

tsegaye

The first part of the song is not autotune, it a vocoder. It layers the voice ON TOP of the vocals, but her voice isn't distorted. But I get that some of you don't like it, I'm a sucker for it though...

Zeus

Expected something more special than this because of the hype both on this forum and in the odds.

I won't say it's bad, but I have the same feeling with this as I have with Italy this year. Quite a generic ballad, I heard tons of songs like this. Missing some layers, dynamic and creativity.

ArmpitOfEurope

The first part of the song is not autotune, it a vocoder. It layers the voice ON TOP of the vocals, but her voice isn't distorted. But I get that some of you don't like it, I'm a sucker for it though...

Youre serving taaaste

Loindici

Veteran
I love it but I hate it. The reason I love it is because the song is well made and has two great climaxes -- and more on that tomorrow. The reason I hate it is because the whole music video just gives me bloody-basic Netflix romance movie vibes, even in the color grading.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
the the whole music video just gives me bloody-basic Netflix romance movie vibes, even in the color grading.
I actually love that fawlkjbaff

Ok don't mind me it's still a 12, the rest of the song is just too strong

i68Nbhn.gif
lol my feelings exactly, especially as it reaches the climax, everything is forgiven xo

Mainshow

Veteran
I´m a bit torn between praising this entry or levelling criticsm at it.
Unfortunately, I have to admit that I hate the use of the vocoder - Such effects in songs have always bothered me. I´ve hated such vocals in Imogen Heap songs. I´ve hated such vocals on Duncan Laurence´s debut album. The first verse is not completely off-putting, though.
That said, it´s quite clever to make use of them as well as dropping them after the first verse to create some sort of climax/effect.
The chorus is beautifully arranged and very powerful, imo. The rest of the song is simply very strong, competitive and could work outside the Eurovision bubble.
It´s clearly a well-thought, well-executed and well-produced entry and honestly, I think that it can perform extremely well in May.

It´s not something I will listen to very often but I can definitely see its qualities/appeal.
:8: for now?

ArmpitOfEurope

I love it but I hate it. The reason I love it is because the song is well made and has two great climaxes -- and more on that tomorrow. The reason I hate it is because the whole music video just gives me bloody-basic Netflix romance movie vibes, even in the color grading.

And whats wrong with that? I think it looks beautiful, youthful and modern.

simori95

It‘s beautiful, in my opinion the acapella/vocoder part is a bit too long though, makes the beginning sound unfinished. Overall I still think it’s great and it does somewhat have winner vibes in certain parts of it, but it lacks consistency for me. Still one of the strongest entries and 5th in my ranking.

Top Bottom