Stin ankaliá mou, zíse álli mia méra
Stin ankaliá mou, páme mazí pio péra
Sta óneirá mou, valé fterá kai péta
You can be my only one
Na-na-na-na-ni-aman

Ela, ela, ela
Ela, ela, ela​

stephanos13

The "Fotia" remix with Eleni Foureira has been released under Panik Records.... Maybe the chosen artist is indeed Evangelia? *fingers crossed*

She said she is going to sing only her songs so that's why I said she is out of the running, not because of Panik.

Stan34

I hope that it's a decent song and that they didn't feel the need to pick something just to add a Cypriot element.
If it's not a dance song, could it be a ballad then?

BluCactus

It's someone with a big career behind him, that I can say 😂
Famous Cypriot composer?

If it's only composer then George Theofanous.

If it's an artist that composes music as well as singing: Michalis Hatzigiannis, Giorgos Papadopoulos

Remember the rumors few months back with Hatzigiannis and Tania Breazou? :unsure:

You seem to have inside info. Can you say if some of the names in my post are true? hahaha :p

stephanos13

Cyprus: Michalis Hatzigiannis and Alex P join forces for Eurovision 2022?

The guessing game presented as information from Eurovisionfun?

LOL I missed the update. :LOL:

Another big L for them regarding Cyprus news.

Update:
In a communication that a member of the Cypriot delegation had with us, we were told that although discussions were held about the above mentioned scenario and cooperation, it seems is not something that went ahead. We are waiting now for the official announcements …

BluCactus

Update: I am sorry I was wrong. It seems that what I was told(the rumor was about Hadjigiannis and is false) was old news. Apparently me and Eurovisionfun had the same source. I should burn in hell😈

stephanos13

Update: I am sorry I was wrong. It seems that what I was told(the rumor was about Hadjigiannis and is false) was old news. Apparently me and Eurovisionfun had the same source. I should burn in hell😈
El Diablo is waiting for you! :devilish:

So the latest correct update is from the TV Mania reporter?

Stan34

I'm kinda getting impatient, I'm not used to Cybc being late with our artist at all :/

If it's gonna be a Panik artist they might as well get Ivi (since they want a Cypriot) so that then they can pick whatever song they want (foreign composers or not).

On another note, I hope they manage to get Metaxas one day...

stephanos13

I'm kinda getting impatient, I'm not used to Cybc being late with our artist at all :/

If it's gonna be a Panik artist they might as well get Ivi (since they want a Cypriot) so that then they can pick whatever song they want (foreign composers or not).

On another note, I hope they manage to get Metaxas one day...

If it would have been Ivi or any other artist it would been announced since months and not wait the last 2 months before the deadline.

If it was Ivi they would have announced her by the end of November and then find a good songs that fits her.

Now they are doing the opposite. Looking for a song they like and then find the artist to sing it. To be fair that's what they did in 2018, 2019 and 2021 but they had the song and the artist locked by the end of November. those years.

This is year they will probalby get what's the best available.

Stan34

If it would have been Ivi or any other artist it would been announced since months and not wait the last 2 months before the deadline.

If it was Ivi they would have announced her by the end of November and then find a good songs that fits her.

Now they are doing the opposite. Looking for a song they like and then find the artist to sing it. To be fair that's what they did in 2018, 2019 and 2021 but they had the song and the artist locked by the end of November. those years.

This is year they will probalby get what's the best available.
Like you said they pick the song first and then the artist... If the song suits her, it's still possible it could be her. The journalist did say one of the songs is a dance pop one (iirc).

stephanos13

Like you said they pick the song first and then the artist... If the song suits her, it's still possible it could be her. The journalist did say one of the songs is a dance pop one (iirc).
Yes it could but...
1. She has to want to go
2. If she wants to go then she has to be able to go. No shows booked, concerts etc up to May.

This applies to everyone of course not just Ivi.

Stan34

Yes it could but...
1. She has to want to go
2. If she wants to go then she has to be able to go. No shows booked, concerts etc up to May.

I do agree that if she was chosen, she'd be probably announced early and she'd want to pick the song herself. I just mentioned it still being a possibility...

I guess I'd be disappointed if we get another lesser-known greek artist from Panik

BluCactus

El Diablo is waiting for you! :devilish:

So the latest correct update is from the TV Mania reporter?
Can't remember much of what he said to be honest.
My latest information are these:
*The song has been chosen and it's been finalised by the end of the month.
*It's not a ballad or rock.
*It has ethnic elements.
* It's either mid tempo or uptempo but will not involve dancing like the last 3 years
*There are cypriots(someone famous)involved in the writing team(probably lyrics)
*A previous entrant( as a singer)of another country has contributed in writing the music.
*Upon completion of the song it will be tested on a short list of people(cypriots and greeks)who already expressed interest. They have 4 people in mind but two of them are leading the pack.
*My instict tells me they'll pick a man.
There's always the chance that some or all of the above is bs so take it with a pinch of salt.

Stan34

Can't remember much of what he said to be honest.
My latest information are these:
*The song has been chosen and it's been finalised by the end of the month.
*It's not a ballad or rock.
*It has ethnic elements.
* It's either mid tempo or uptempo but will not involve dancing like the last 3 years
*There are cypriots(someone famous)involved in the writing team(probably lyrics)
*A previous entrant( as a singer)of another country has contributed in writing the music.
*Upon completion of the song it will be tested on a short list of people(cypriots and greeks)who already expressed interest. They have 4 people in mind but two of them are leading the pack.
*My instict tells me they'll pick a man.
There's always the chance that some or all of the above is bs so take it with a pinch of salt.
I'm curious who's the past entrant involved...
Should we expect an artist announcement soon? 🤔

BluCactus

Well my sources said they will announce the entry close to the March deadline. I don't think they will keep the artist secret that long as well

lilka

Yes it could but...
1. She has to want to go

As far as I know, she hasn't done anything since "Για σένα", which was released on 7th June 2021 and is for sure a massive hit (I really love it), but it's only ONE song. And it's been 8 months. Well, of course she may be busy with shows, but still...
Would be nice to have something new to listen to from her, whether for ESC or not.

Top Bottom