Administrator

flag-800.png

Oh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh

Not sure I told you, but I really like your teeth
That hairy coat of yours with nothing underneath
Not sure you have a name, so I will call you Keith
Oh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh
See where you're going, but I don’t know where you've been
Is that saliva or blood drippin' off your chin?
If you don’t like the name Keith I'ma call you Jim
Oh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh

And before that wolf eats my grandma
Give that wolf a banana
Give that wolf
Give that wolf a banana
Give that wolf
Give that wolf (Banana)

Yum, yum, yum, yum-yum-yum
Yum, yum, yum, yum, yum, yum, yum-yum-yum
Banana

I like the scent of every meal on your breath
That hunger in you, I'm in danger now, I guess
Let's go to grandma's, you say grandma tastes the best
Oh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh

Give that wolf a banana
Give that wolf
(I want your grandma, yum, yum)
Give that wolf a banana
Give that wolf
Give that wolf
Someone give that wolf a banana

Ba-na-na
Ba-na-na-na-na
Ba-na-na
Ba-na-na-na-na

Give that wolf a banana
Give that wolf
(I want your grandma, yum, yum)
Give that wolf a banana
Give that wolf
Give that wo-o-olf

Not sure I told you, but I really like your teeth
That hairy coat of yours with nothing underneath
Not sure you have a name, so I will call you Keith

• Hatrið
Reactions: Rob

Jopi

Death Of Us grow even more on me during the past days - and I already liked it a lot at the beginning! Btw I haven't been a Victoria fan at all - I think Elsie is going in a similar direction concerning her vocal style and her way of singing but in the end her song is way more powerful than Victoria's...

I have to be honest though, I wasn't instantly sold by her live performance yesterday. Her voice is even more distinctive live and it actually felt quite off-putting at the first listening. But today I gave it another try and I liked the live performance a lot more than yesterday.

Of course the really need to fixe the staging though! With a really good staging this can be top 5 at Eurovision!
Same. I didn't like Victoria's song but I love Death of Us, it's way more powerful and I would say it's even 'mainstream'?
Not to mention the chorus kinda is the same as Young and Beautiful lol

Bmbriga

Elsie's song is ok, a bit of a snoozefest, but ok. From all the duel songs I liked 🦩 the most.

• Fuego
Reactions: Mrm

Ringdalen

How does the voting system work for MGP this year? There's obviously a public vote as we were able to vote online, but is there a jury this year as well? This information doesn't seem to be detailed clearly anywhere...

There are no jury in this years MGP. Stig has talked about bringing it back in the future, but that it dosen´t fit in with the current vision for MGP. But he know´s and understand why so many want a jury back. :)

(I personally am very happy we have no jury, cause going for what represents the country is so much for important than doing well in Eurovision. Just participating to get good results is boring and leads to uninspiriing songwriting)

jatojo

Subwoolfer may not be my style exactly - but right now, I still think their song should win because it's so in-your-face and full of self-confidence. And at the same time, it's not all Israeli chicken song - there's melody in it as well.

• Fuego
Reactions: Mrm

MooseShoes

I remember when Norway had bunch of good songs. I doubt I would be watching the MGP final.

Would listen to again (6/10)
  • Death of Us: I don't mind it, Disney vibes, tone down cursive singing and might get a better mark

I like them, wouldn't skip, but wouldn't remember to play them on my own either (5/10)
  • Fly: snow in October storms in November; actually a good song that would be more epic in Norwegian
  • Hammer of Thor: like Fly, it's a bit gimmicky, not bad, but would improve greatly if it was in Norwegian, preferably a thick harsh accent

Middle of the road (4/10)
  • Titans: well done, but veeeeeeery veeeeery cliche, like very
  • With Me Tonight: this is a walking red flag gimmick entry, but sounds well crafted and I don't mind it; Stefan did it better lol
  • Kvelertak: when it started I expected it to be better than it ended to be, however I love Norwegian and the song sounds somewhat current
  • Ecstasy: it's like 4 songs in one and none of them are interesting. Goat-like voice doesn't help the case
  • Skår i hjerte: it's giving Denmark; it has some potential tho - if revamped and sung by Victor Leksell

Fillers (3/10)
  • Made of Glass: at least she's got some pipes
  • Someone: sad boy anthem that is actually not that bad sung by your average Netflix teen drama cast, but lacks some better background percussion moments
  • Dangerous: it's not that bad, it's just boring; needs better intro part

What were they thinking? (2/10)
  • Hasta la vista: from the first note I knew I wouldn't like it; it's just so very bland despite trying to be summery and what not
  • Queen Bees: JESC is alive and well
  • Your Loss: JESC is very much alive and well

God is testing me (1/10)
  • Black Flowers: wannabe rock-ish squeakquel to Miss Kiss Kiss Bang minus Dita Von Teese plus Neil Patrick Harris
  • We Still Here: I hope this is a troll act
  • Dance Like a Pink Flamingo: now this is a troll act for sure
  • Give That Wolf a Banana: it wasn't funny in 2013, it isn't now either
  • Wonder of the World: no, because it's just a mid noughties song where guy brags where he went for a holiday and then clichelovesonging away
  • Bad Baby: what in the ESC 2005___________
  • La melodia: no, because no
I'm just going to copy and paste this review to save writing my own as it'd be somewhat similar. I will admit to enjoying that stupid foghorn in "Ecstasy," though. I'd read the reviews before hearing it in full. You know when you think, "Surely it can't be that bad?" and then it's actually worse! xrollinglol

Mrm

Veteran
Duels:

Lily Lowe– Bad Baby VS Stefen Jakobsen– With me Tonight

Farida– Dangerous VS Lucas– Kvelertak

LivingOrganism

One thing I don't understand is why people are not really keen on Fly, for me it's by miles the best song in the whole contest.

Just a random thought that I had, don't mind me.

Mrm

Veteran
One thing I don't understand is why people are not really keen on Fly, for me it's by miles the best song in the whole contest.

Just a random thought that I had, don't mind me.
It is a bit cheesy, but I do like it.. :mrgreen:
At least in the studio version..

mauve

Veteran
I will be rooting for Farida in the first duel and for wonderful Lily Löwe in the second! I would love to see Löwe winning, but that is probably impossible ... :cry:

Jopi

I hope either Farida or Lilly will go to the final. I love Stefen's song too and the Norwegian one is not bad at all. Very strong semiiii.

Top Bottom