Contact us

FIFA World Cup 2022

Realest

heke1988

I'm not really into sport but please can a country not in Europe or South America win the World Cup for once?!

That would need "Miracle on football field".

The miracle is almost impossible. They have not managed to win a World Cup: Puskas' Hungary, Croatia in 1998 and 2018, Yugoslavia, the USSR, Czechoslovakia, the Netherlands, Belgium and Portugal… Algeria, the Peru, Japan and Canada can win? Spain itself (1 World Cup won) or France (2 World Cups won) owe their successes only in modern era.

It's a question of the stage. Let's ask ourselves a question, where do the best players in the world play? In Europe. It is obvious that the European national teams have a much better chance of winning the world championship. The same European championship or European qualifiers have a greater difficulty than the world championship which becomes serious only from the quarter-finals onwards. South American football has been a joke for decades. Brazil's latest success is not that of 2002 (world championship full of power intrigues) but of 1994 (also won on penalties). Argentina is stuck, if I am not mistaken, in 1986 and Uruguay is stuck in 1950. The other South American national teams have never won anything. Someone explain to me, if not even Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay manage to win, is it possible to witness a victory for South Korea?

Now let's establish the value of the European championships and we will understand together how football is often an exact science. The best world championships are: Serie A (Italy - 4 world championships), Bundesliga (Germany - 4 world championships), Premier League (England - 1 world championship won between strange referees and a "ghost goal") and Liga (Spain - 1 world championship). Other leagues such as Ligue 1 and Primeira Liga have fewer indigenous players. French and Portuguese players often shine in other leagues (such as Croatia which has great players but a weak national league). The statistics speak for themselves: these are the national teams that will have the chance to triumph. To these national teams can be added Brazil and Argentina because they have many of their talents scattered in the major European leagues (such as Portugal, France and Croatia).

The only chance, I give an example, for Canada to win the world championship is to find an extraordinary golden generation (as happened to Spain), to have all these players play in Europe at high levels and to have a little cynicism and luck. It is possible but, given the fierce competition and the world championship that takes place every 4 years, it is highly unlikely. I still remember "the story of Senegal" but in the end this story, that very strong Senegal (the African team to have achieved the best goal in the world), was defeated and then could not replicate other similar players to continue to worry the truths of the global football.

My words, I know, are cold and take away from dreams but this is reality. The world championship in Qatar will see these favorite teams:

1) The European champions and Nation League 2021 semi-finalists: Italy (if they win the playoffs)
2) The champions of South America: Argentina (let's remember that a man named Messi plays there)
3) Reigning World Champions and 2021 Nations League Champions: France.
4) The semi-finalists of the European championship and finalists of the 2021 Nation League: Spain.
5) The finalists of the South American championship: Brazil.
6) The finalists of the European championship and semi-finalisti Russia 2018: England.
7) The immortal Germany.
8) The semi-finalists of the Nations League 2021, quarter-finalists of the European championship and semi-finalist Russia 2018: Belgium.

Ah ... I always advise you to look at the world ranking: the winners of the world championship are always among the top 10.

Looren

Veteran
Add Morocco, they can lose against Uganda but still beat England so we never know :lol: :lol:

Jk, honestly I think we should wait again some years before seeing African or Asian teams won, Senegal and Algeria have a very strong team now tho that can bring them far in the WC !

Realest

You obviously haven't watched Mexico play once in the last year. :lol:

No, I havent Nj. But as soon as the World Cup starts, they become good again.

Looren

Veteran
Apparently the draw for African Play-Offs will be tomorrow, the pots are :

unknown.png

Best draw would be Congo, the worst one Cameroon but it doesn't matter who we will face ! We should win no matter the opponent or we're not deserving this spot in Qatar !!!!

Realest

I hope Mali gets an "easy" Opponent aka Algeria or Tunisia. I would also like to see DR Congo again after 48 Years.

Looren

Veteran
I hope Mali gets an "easy" Opponent aka Algeria or Tunisia. I would also like to see DR Congo again after 48 Years.

After what happened at the CAN Algeria will be the worst opponent to get 'cause they will have the rage to win, am maybe wrong but they'll probably be the toughest opponent

Tunisia would be a good draw for Mali, they beated them at the CAN so why not :D

Realest

E: ////

Realest

Egypt vs Senegal

Ghana vs Nigeria

Mali vs Tunisia

DR Congo vs Morocco

Cameroon vs Algeria

Looren

Veteran
This was stressful, was watching with my mom, she was holding me while I was holding her, first Egypt got drawed we were like praying for not playing them, same for Cameroon and then we kept saying "Congo, Congo, Congo" and finally we drawed them and at the end we were happy and hugging

But we won't underestimate them ! They're strong and we should give everything to qualify !

esc87fan

Despite losing Alphonso Davies, Canada picked up a 2-0 win against Honduras in CONCACAF qualifying, the team is still unbeaten. Next game is a big one - Sunday against the US

Himan

Big but not important, you're lead is already big enough. Especially if you know, you don't have to play Mexico anymore, while all other rivals have to. And if they all win, Mexico will probably fail, which is also good for Canada.

The big question is. Can Cook Islands still qualify?xheat

esc87fan

Here are the remaining games for Canada:

Sunday vs. USA
Feb 2 vs. El Salvador
Mar 24 vs. Costa Rica
Mar 27 vs. Jamaica
Mar 30 vs. Panama

So yes, no more playing Mexico

cegs5

South America is on fire, the Conmebol qualifiers finished their 15th matchday, only three more left.

Ecuador 1 Brazil 1
Chile 1 Argentina 2
Paraguay 0 Uruguay 1
Colombia 0 Peru 1
Venezuela 4 Bolivia 1

4 teams qualify directly and 1 goes to a play-off against AFC team

nqwUT2N.jpg

esc87fan

CANADA BEATS THE US 2-0!!! First time since 1980 that it's happened in World Cup qualifying!

yutk3me.gif

Next game is Wednesday vs. El Salvador

Top Bottom