You lick your lips as you walk away
Your final kiss is to leave a scar
On a heart
Jezebel

At night you turn into a tiger
A girl who looks like she's a boy
The world's most ultimate survivor

Jеzebel (Jezеbel)
I don't know how you got in my blood (Jezebel)
Was it the dangerous things you do? (Jezebel)
You always wanted to be a star
Jezebel (Jezebel)
If you're the hunter then I'm the prey (Jezebel)
You lick your lips as you walk away (Jezebel)
On a heart

Sunrise, you crawl under the covers
Sleep tight until the dying sun
Tonight you'll catch another lover
Jezebel

Jezebel (Jezebel)
I don't know how you got in my blood (Jezebel)
Was it the dangerous things you do? (Jezebel)
You always wanted to be a star
Jezebel (Jezebel)
If you're the hunter then I'm the prey (Jezebel)
You lick your lips as you walk away (Jezebel)
On a heart

Jezebel (Jezebel)
Jezebel (Jezebel)
Jezebel

nunaney

Younghearted will win if the pattern of sending whatever I don't like from your NFs continues.

I don't think you need to worry about that. Their song and Tommi's song are the two that are chanceless. For the others, it will come down to the live performance but I think it's most likely one of the English songs will win because from what I've seen, Finns seem to be really against sending a song in Finnish.

I bims

Veteran
I find it hard to make a final ranking currently. I love Isaacs entry it's well produced and the video is amazing but it's really not that catchy and in a sea of other songs that's a death sentence. But I would love something like that to be in Eurovision.

I'm now VERY curious how each song holds up live. Currently The Rasmus has the best chances imo due to name recognition and the song is catchy enough. And I think they will sound exactly like the studio version, I'm not so sure about the other songs.

jadine

I'm now VERY curious how each song holds up live. Currently The Rasmus has the best chances imo due to name recognition and the song is catchy enough. And I think they will sound exactly like the studio version, I'm not so sure about the other songs.
To be honest Lauri from The Rasmus is not the best live singer and their songs usually sound better in the studio version. So it could go either way really. If they manage to nail the live show, I think they will easily win, but if not, it gets interesting. BESS's song is very popular in Finland but the Finns also think they should not send a song in Finnish so...

Luneaux

Without seeing live performances of the songs, I would rank these based on studio versions, now:

1. Olivera - Thank God I'm An Atheist (⭐3.5/5 ⭐)
2. Younghearted - Sun Numero (⭐3.5/5⭐)
3. The Rasmus - Jezebel (⭐3.5/5⭐)
4. Cyan Kicks - Hurricane (⭐3/5⭐)
5. BESS - Ram Pam Pam (⭐2.5/5⭐)
6. Isaac Sene - Kuuma Jäbä (⭐2.5/5⭐)
7. Tommi Läntinen - Elämä Kantaa Mua (⭐2/5⭐)

For me live performances in the final depends on how I vote.

I have a gut feeling some of these flop or may shine more than they do now on live. Still I don't hear the winner of UMK but somehow I have a gut feeling The Rasmus has certain advantage because of their fan base / popularity / big name here in Finland, they may rock in the final and get enough votes for victory.

It was hard to even rank since every song is different and good in their genre but most of them are pretty solid, nothing too extraordinary... 🤔

I would be satisfied with almost everyone going to Eurovision... I like all in someway... 🤔 So don't read this message I would send Olivera straight away to the contest (!!), I really like deep and thoughtful lyrics and melody on this song though, that's why the first place! ☺️

My opinions may change till to UMK final's evening, it will be interesting for sure!

heke1988

My ranking after Isaac Sene's Kuuma jäbä:

1. Bess - Ram pam pam (4/5)
2. The Rasmus - Jezebel (3,5/5)
3. Cyan Kicks - Hurricane (3+/5)
4. Tommi Läntinen - Elämä kantaa mua (3/5)
5. Olivera - Thank God I'm an Atheist (3-/5)
6. Younghearted - Sun numero (3-/5)
7. Isaac Sene - Kuuma jäbä (2,5/5)

Every songs are at least good, but wau factor is missing each one of them. Live performances will decide, who will represent us. The Rasmus has quite a lead, but like @jadine pointed out, Lauri isn't strong live singer. So if The Rasmus fails in their live performance, everyone else has a change to win UMK 2022.

aef

Actually Jezebel has been a grower for me during the past days though I'm still not fully convinced. It went from like 4 points to 6 points. In contrast to y'all I haven't been too keen on the chorus at all at the beginning - but it became better. I still think that it's quite rock-basic, nothing special. But I guess I can live with it I guess. It could be way more powerful somehow. The best part of the song is the intro until 0:45 min in my opinion, especially the part between 0:35 and 0:45.

Not wanting to dance anymore, but I must dance
giphy.gif

Ram pam pam performed by BESS
Jezebel performed by The Rasmus
Kuuma jäbä performed by Isaac Sene
Elämä kantaa mua performed by Tommi Läntinen

Sun numero performed by Younghearted
Hurricane performed Cyan Kicks

Thank God I'm An Atheist performed by Oliveira

I bims

Veteran
like @jadine pointed out, Lauri isn't strong live singer. So if The Rasmus fails in their live performance, everyone else has a change to win UMK 2022.
Looked it up and wow ... he really isn't. Weird I somehow remembered him to be decent, don't know why. Well that changes things.

Realest

The Rasmus - Jezebel 8.5/10
Cyan Kicks - Hurricane 5.7/10
Isaac Sene - Kuuma Jäbä 5.5/10
Bess - Ram pam pam 5.4/10
Olivera - Thank God Im an Atheist 4.7/10
Younghearted - Sun Numero 3.0/10
Tommi Läntinen - 3.5/10

Femmina

I don't think you need to worry about that. Their song and Tommi's song are the two that are chanceless. For the others, it will come down to the live performance but I think it's most likely one of the English songs will win because from what I've seen, Finns seem to be really against sending a song in Finnish.

No, it's Olivera instead of Younghearted who is more chanceless. Despite Olivera singing in English, people really don't like that type of music here. And she is less known than Younghearted. Younghearted has a few streaming hits and is doing 2nd best on Spotify (4th place) after Bess. Jury probably will love her, but their power is only 25%

But yes, unfortunately, there is a lot of people who are against sending a song in Finnish. It's sad considering how so many artists sing in Finnish here. And even if Darude flopped, some still think that The Rasmus' name will bring them votes at Eurovision. :rolleyes:

b4ld3r

Incredibly solid selection! Surely Isaac is the obvious choice here? Incredibly catchy earworm of a song, and from what one is able to tell from his music video he seems to be able to pull off a charismatic performance as well. Also representative of the type of native language pop that does well in the charts here in the Nordics, so would be great to see that at ESC for once.

Mainshow

Veteran
Personally, I think that Isaac´s song is not catchy at all.
I appreciate what he was going for - it´s somehow creative, progressive and super artsy-fartsy but it fails to be competitive and like @I bims already mentioned, that´s a death sentence in a competition like Eurovision.
There seems to be a lot of potential, though, and I would love to see him back in the near future but he needs to come back with an edgier entry with a catchy hook, imo.

My ranking would be looking like this, I think:

The Rasmus :12:
Younghearted :12:
Oliveria :8:
BESS :7:
Isaac :6:
Hurricane :4:
Tommi :3:

A very surprising, diverse and strong national final, imo.

MooseShoes

How I'm feeling about UMK this year:

And I'm most in love with Isaac's song! (Any chance of an extended version?) He's giving me the impression that he'll elevate this live and that might be enough to convince people who think it isn't catchy enough on the first listen.

Well done :fi:!

EscGeek

Veteran
The "Perfection i'm looking for category":
The Rasmus "Jezebel"
Cyan Kicks "Hurricane"

The "Next best thing if rock entries cancel each other out category"
BESS "Ram pam pam"

The "Lovely song to add to my playlist but dead on arrival category"
Tommi Läntinen "Elämä kantaa mua"

The "One i'm willing to settle for, but hope it doesn't come to this category"
Olivera "Thank God I'm an Atheist"

The "Big bunch of nothing category"
Isaac Sene "Kuuma jäbä"
Younghearted "Sun numero"

FabiESC

My Ranking

1 The Rasmus – Jezebel 10/10
2 Isaac Sene – Kuuma jäbä 10/10
3 Cyan Kicks – Hurricane 7/10
4 BESS – Ram pam pam 7/10
5 Younghearted – Sun Numero 6/10
6 Olivera – Thank God I’m an Atheist 5/10
7 Tommi Läntinen – Elämä kantaa muav 4/10

lasse braun

No, it's Olivera instead of Younghearted who is more chanceless. Despite Olivera singing in English, people really don't like that type of music here. And she is less known than Younghearted. Younghearted has a few streaming hits and is doing 2nd best on Spotify (4th place) after Bess. Jury probably will love her, but their power is only 25%
hmm
is in finland no discussion which kind of music makes more sense sending to turin?
olivera for sure and also younghearted is jurygold - the other acts not and the melody of jezebel is far away from the successful BC-song - same with hurricane - ram pam pam is a different genre,similar to cicciolina but not good as that.
oliveras song is a real grower - maybe something will change in finland until the final.
finland deserve this masterpiece in turin.
xqueenbitch

heke1988

Now, when all songs are in Spotify, today's Spotify Finn Top 50 look like this:

1. Bess - Ram pam pam 91 093
3. Younghearted - Sun numero 59 194
4. The Rasmus - Jezebel 50 559
6. Isaac Sene - Kuuma jäbä (Debuted) 47 377
17. Cyan Kicks - Hurricane 29 325
27. Tommi Läntinen - Elämä kantaa mua 24 099
36. Olivera - Thank God I'm an Atheist 20 886

jatojo

I guess it's nice that we get to listen to the songs in advance nowadays, but it does mean a higher risk of anticlimaxes when it's time for the live shows. Like with the Teflon Brothers' song last year - she didn't impress live. I'm not too sure about Bess either. And even The Rasmus - when you check out their live concert videos on YouTube, it's not like it's the best thing you've ever heard.

So there are potential disappointments here, but then again, it's nice that nothing is decided before the final gets underway. I do agree with the bookmakers that The Rasmus are favourites, simply because they're a big name.

Top Bottom