Edhe një, edhe ty
Një, dy, tre, ta marrsha
Ta marrsha, ta marrsha
Ta marrsha, ta marrsha

Ma kadalë, ma kadalë, ej
Ma kadalë, ma kadalë, ej​

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaz

Okay now the most interesting part of the NF begins: let the annual drama unfold

bitter candidates shading the winner, conspiracies about jury members, and what not

Every December the Minga monster emerges from hibernation to cast darkness and chaos across the land
Mikaela_Minga.jpg

Mainshow

Veteran
He said he was subjected some horrendous Homophobia from the Albanian public and media which made him not want to take part again iirc. However over the year he changed his mind.
That´s incredibly and utterly sad to read.
I thought he didn´t want to take part because of the juries, etc.

I am glad he changed his mind because I really liked a few of his other releases and also purchased them on iTunes (and keep on listening to them). Without FiK, I wouldn´t have heard about him or his music at all.

I just hope that him getting some big applause this year did make him feel loved.

empo21

Veteran
DON'T LET RONELA'S WIN DISTRACT YOU FROM THE FACT THAT FIK ENDED 25 MINUTES EARLIER!!!

That being said, I think is says a lot that the first time in years when the jury avg age was younger - we got our first uptempo song in forever(?). Since the song needs a 30 sec cut, I hope the revamp manages to make the song less messy and tighter in some places.

Also Rezarta was robbed of having her own award that she doesn't need to share xangry

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
My feelings are mixed. There was something to enjoy in each of the top 3.. sorry 4…. but I would have had my first 12 of the season with Rezarta or Alban so I’m obviously really sad to see them both come so close like this. Sekret is ok (needs work). Ronela is great. She’s a refreshing Fik winner. Congratulations to her. I’ll give a kind :7: points for now.

It’s bittersweet to see Rezarta with her first medal. Obviously I’m delighted for her but gosh, what could have been. Shows though she’s now a real force for the coming years.

hunty73

Whats certain is Fik is safe.They have made a few changes so it survives and grows.The pushed this over the line to send the message its ok to send different songs.Albania are trying.This is messy of course and she needs lots of work,but the right risk to take.

hijirio

Veteran
Ronela is a singer with so much potential. I am confident that she will do wonders with the revamp. Her songs are usually very well produced and they sound expensive, on the other hand Sekret rather sounds like a demo. All the pieces sound great on their own, but the conjunction points need to be more smooth. It's not a very difficult task, I trust Ronela. She has a big responsibility as the first female bop singer after a decade or something. She carries the flag of Era, Elvana, Soni. If she doesn't mess this up, it can open a new era for Albania in Eurovision.

:12: points, 0 doubts

marty

Somehow I like the song, but somehow it is a strange song, with many different parts. With a good revamp it can do well in Torino. At least it sound a bit different to the former albanian entrys. I give 4 points.

njdevils94

Veteran
This is probably my favorite I guess you would call it up-tempo contender FiK has had in a while. I wouldn't consider Mos harro a contender going into the final night but some might and if that's the case it would be in there for me too.

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
eelings are mixed. There was something to enjoy in each of the top 3.. sorry 4…. but I would have had my first 12 of the season with Rezarta or Alban so I’m obviously really sad to see them both come so close like this. Sekret is ok (needs work). Ronela is great. She’s a refreshing Fik winner. Congratulations to her. I’ll give a kind 7 points for now.

It has already started to grow on you! - didn´t you award "just 6" to hear 2 days ago?

I thought the same, btw, when I listened to it for the very first time.. it needs a good revamp to make it appeal to an international audience but honestly, I have really learnt to enjoy its messy, camp, energetic and chaotic nature - it still sounds like 3 songs in 1 but it somehow does work... maybe they need to polish the intro and the pre-chorus a bit?

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
It has already started to grow on you! - didn´t you award "just 6" to hear 2 days ago?

I thought the same, btw, when I listened to it for the very first time.. it needs a good revamp to make it appeal to an international audience but honestly, I have really learnt to enjoy its messy, camp, energetic and chaotic nature - it still sounds like 3 songs in 1 but it somehow does work... maybe they need to polish the intro and the pre-chorus a bit?

Yeah, I started with a 6 but upgraded to a 7 after the performance as it made the whole thing more enjoyable. Hiena meanwhile went from an 8 to 5 after the performance.

Sekret might grow some more on me but ironically my favourite part of the song is the ballady bit which I think actually dates it a little. It feels extremely Fik. I think if she'd gone full on bop with her entry the win might have been harder, possibly even out of reach. It needed to be a hybrid type of thing. I wouldn't be surprised if she drastically changes things now that she's won. I do recognise the charm Sekret has at this moment though. It is all those things you say it is: chaotic, camp, energetic, a little messy but it all adds to the fun. I like it much more than fan fave bop Me Tana.

Anyway, happy for you and others who had their favourite win tonight xheart And go Albania! The most charming ESC country. Fik was an absolute delight as always.

Last edited:

ESC94

Well, it´s something different than the "usual" :al: entry, so I give them at least some credit.

But sadly I can´t share the enthusiasm many people have in this entry. When I just listened to it for the first time the first word that came to my mind was "messy". For me it sounds like three songs mixed into one, there´s no real structure in here. At first I didn´t notice that she sings partially in English as well because her pronounciation is average at best. For me it doesn´t add anything to this chaos, and to be honest I don´t like her voice all that much as well. :(

At the moment I give this song :5:, it´s not unlistenable to me but not something I can go crazy about it. Let´s wait and see what the revamp does to this song and whether they´ll translate it completely to English or not, that can change my rating as well. xcoffee

Last edited:
Top Bottom