Contact us

FSC #153 November 2021: THE SHOW! [Odense, Denmark] | RESULTS from page 3

AlekS

Veteran
BUT "Just Fly" was such a letdown. His new single "Tequila Sunrise" is slightly better but seriously, I want him to stop releasing generic songs in English and go back to his flawless Russian stuff.
But not in Ukrainian? :unsure: I'm not into our performers singing in Russian. I'm wondering if after 20 million YT views he will start releasing even more songs in English. + he resides in LA time after time. "Tequila Sunrise" is so boring that I stopped playing it after 20 seconds :oops:

heke1988

These are the correct November votes from the Serbian jury (since I didn't notice that they are corrected in the final scoreboard) :)

:12: :ua:
:10: :no:
:8: :at:
:7: :se:
:6: :ch:
:5: :hr:
:4: :ba:
:3: :ma:
:2: :uk:
:1: :cy:

If I calculated right, corrected scoreboard should look like this:

1. Australia 140
2. Denmark 128
3. Sweden 113
4. Italy 105
5. The Netherlands 103
6. Switzerland 95
7. Finland 94
8. Bosnia and Herzegovina 91
9. Austria 85
10. Croatia 81
11. Norway 78
12. Bulgaria 72
13. Germany 63
14. South Africa 63
15. Morocco 61
16. Israel 61
17. United Kingdom 48
18. Montenegro 47
19. Serbia 47
20. Estonia 47
21. Ukraine 41
22. Canada 40
23. Lithuania 37
24. United States 35
25. Mexico 35
26. Taiwan 33
27. Latvia 32
28. Malaysia 31
29. Cyprus 29
30. Russia 26
31. Czechia 26
32. Poland 21
33. Spain 14
34. Azerbaijan 10
35. Greece 0

A-lister

Veteran
My taste/song is not a problem and never will be :rolleyes:
Lol, that wasn't the claim... xshrug

Talking about taking a comment out of context and twisting the point made :lol:

You asked why people who claim to like Maks didn't vibe with this particular entry and I think it's simply because it doesn't sound like a "Max type of song" (that's what I meant with "the problem"), it wasn't a diss on your taste or song choice...xshrug

heke1988

Lol, that wasn't the claim... xshrug

You asked why people who claim to like Maks didn't vibe with this particular entry and I think it's simply because it doesn't sound like a "Max type of song" (that's what I meant with "the problem"), it wasn't a diss on your taste or song choice...xshrug

It is like my favourite band Nightwish: Although it is my favourite band, I don't like all Nightwish's songs.

A-lister

Veteran
It is like my favourite band Nightwish: Although it is my favourite band, I don't like all Nightwish's songs.

Yeah this too, in this case however I didn't even refer to the "likeability" of the song (that's subjective), but rather why I think people who generally like Max didn't vote for him because it doesn't sound like what they are used to by him (I personally like when artists try on different sounds, but I also get that if someone is a fan of a particular style/sound expected by an artist and a song sounds very different to that they might not be onboard for that reason alone).

A-lister

Veteran
If I calculated right, corrected scoreboard should look like this:

1. Australia 140
2. Denmark 128
3. Sweden 113
4. Italy 105
5. The Netherlands 103
6. Switzerland 95
7. Finland 94
8. Bosnia and Herzegovina 91
9. Austria 85
10. Croatia 81
11. Norway 78
12. Bulgaria 72
13. Germany 63
14. South Africa 63
15. Morocco 61
16. Israel 61
17. United Kingdom 48
18. Montenegro 47
19. Serbia 47
20. Estonia 47
21. Ukraine 41
22. Canada 40
23. Lithuania 37
24. United States 35
25. Mexico 35
26. Taiwan 33
27. Latvia 32
28. Malaysia 31
29. Cyprus 29
30. Russia 26
31. Czechia 26
32. Poland 21
33. Spain 14
34. Azerbaijan 10
35. Greece 0

Oh, so Sweden was even top 3!

AlekS

Veteran
Speaking of twisting words:
Didn't ask anything
T7WSGKm.png
You don't even know the context. I shortlisted 3 songs for the NF and I liked them equally. I'm fully aware that it's not "Max type of song", that's why I chose it - all my previous attempts with him flopped or placed lower than expected. I blame myself for taking that risk & listening to someone else's preferences, because, yeah, not everybody is ready for such change of course. Now I'm wondering if the other options would have flopped (one of them was similar to the Swedish song) xthink:(

Mainshow

Veteran
But not in Ukrainian? :unsure: I'm not into our performers singing in Russian. I'm wondering if after 20 million YT views he will start releasing even more songs in English. + he resides in LA time after time. "Tequila Sunrise" is so boring that I stopped playing it after 20 seconds :oops:
Ukrainian would be an excellent option as well but as far as I`m concerned like 80% of his discography is in Russian.

I don`t get it why his new singles seem to slay on YouTube that easily... is it because the general public genuinely likes this !?! or just because he has become such an enormously huge and well-established artist?

Personally, I think that "Tequila Sunrise" is slightly better (as already mentioned) but after listening to it once, I don`t feel like having the urge to listen to it ever again. "Just Fly" was the song I had to stop listening to after one chorus... I just hope it's going to be a "once-in-a-lifetime" EP he`s about to release.. I need my old Barskih back :(

fango

Ukrainian would be an excellent option as well but as far as I`m concerned like 80% of his discography is in Russian.

I don`t get it why his new singles seem to slay on YouTube that easily... is it because the general public genuinely likes this !?! or just because he has become such an enormously huge and well-established artist?

Personally, I think that "Tequila Sunrise" is slightly better (as already mentioned) but after listening to it once, I don`t feel like having the urge to listen to it ever again. "Just Fly" was the song I had to stop listening to after one chorus... I just hope it's going to be a "once-in-a-lifetime" EP he`s about to release.. I need my old Barskih back :(

Max undoubtedly one of my favorite Ukrainian singers. :love:
I'm glad that he is willing to try different types of songs.
Perhaps it is because he himself "Max" makes all his songs be loved.
In this edition, I thought about putting "Just fly" in my Top 10 because of my love for him.
But after comparing the contested songs themselves, this song fell out of Top 10.
It's a good song, my Top 11-20. Maybe I also miss the old Max Barskih. (y)

heke1988

Thank you @r3gg13 for correcting scoreboard!

heke1988

Look at the bright side @AlekS : At least with corrected scoreboard result :ua: and Max Barskih rised from 29th place to 21st place.

AlekS

Veteran
Look at the bright side @AlekS : At least with corrected scoreboard result :ua: and Max Barskih rised from 29th place to 21st place.
I'm not bothered by the results (but I apprecciate those who liked it xlove). My main issue is what to send next xthink Not feeling the forum at all. All the recent selections are like lottery to me and I hate this((. Earlier I was 100% sure in my entries and we had good results. I lost this feeling.

:LOL:

heke1988

I'm not bothered by the results (but I apprecciate those who liked it xlove). My main issue is what to send next xthink Not feeling the forum at all. All the recent selections are like lottery to me and I hate this((. Earlier I was 100% sure in my entries and we had good results. I lost this feeling.

:LOL:

Well you can't get always the best result. My results in my 7 FSC participates (2nd, 36th, 27th, 19th, 2nd, 32nd and 7th).

AlekS

Veteran
Well you can't get always the best result. My results in my 7 FSC participates (2nd, 36th, 27th, 19th, 2nd, 32nd and 7th).
Good for you. I had only one top 10 this year.
Not complaining, tho. But I will change my approach.

Top Bottom