Contact us

Stage: Forum Discussion

Loindici

Veteran
- Stage -

Speculate anything you want to see for the 2022 stage!

Krishoes

I hope RAI does this on their own and leaves Florian Wieder at home. I also support the Gaetano Castelli hypothesis. He has shown versatility and the ability to pull off masterpieces for a very small provincial theater in Sanremo. Having a large arena in his hands could bring out something memorable! I would like something that screams ITALY at first glance.

VirginiaVision

I don't remember if I said this about the stage, the logo, or what, but in the lead-up to the 2020 contest (rip), I predicted that The Netherlands would go with circle motif. Although this was not true of the stage, I still credit myself with predicting the logo.

For 2022, I think Italy's theme will be "tall". I tall stage, a tall logo, maybe even a tall performer. I see Italy as kind of a "grand" place, and I think that along with their now indisputable status as the most successful Big 5 country will inflate their egos enough to want to make everything as high as Monte Bianco.

sucof

The Francesca Montinaro atelier will design the scenography for Eurovision 2022

He designed the stages of Sanremo 2013 and 2019.

Sanremo 2013
Sanremo-2013-prima-serata-580x386.jpg

006-3.jpg

002.jpg

Sanremo 2019
foto_780423_908x560.jpg

add_img_001.jpg

img_001-cover.jpg

Last edited:

empo21

Veteran
Super glad Florian is out for this year. He has great stages, but reuses ideas a lot (circle stage with big accessory, stage with double catwalk, moving led wall, etc...he'd probably try to replicate the '21 stage when/if he gets the chance)

Anyway, these Sanremo stages don't look nice imo, but there's creativity for sure and I welcome the change. There's also no task to incorporate orchestra to the stage for ESC so that's a plus.

Ezio

Veteran
I am very excited for the new stage design, although I have to say the Wiedner stage of Lisbon was really iconic. Other than that, I got tired quickly of flat screens. Every stage looks great on design, but kinda seen already and boring live. The Rotterdam stage was truly boring, it was flatter than flat and didn't represent anything Dutch, despite being flat. Also Israel and Ukraine had no local flavour at all, generic contests that could have been held in any city. But as I said, Lisbon 2018 was big hit for me, loved it.

For 2022 stage design, I expect some opulence.

I think every 4 years there comes a truly iconic Eurovision, so I am excited. I hope the hosts are lovely and relatable, because although I love Italian music, I have a hard time relating to Italian people and their Eurovision spokespersons and 1991 Eurovision hosts were also kinda unrelatable to me.

sucof

I am very excited for the new stage design, although I have to say the Wiedner stage of Lisbon was really iconic. Other than that, I got tired quickly of flat screens. Every stage looks great on design, but kinda seen already and boring live. The Rotterdam stage was truly boring, it was flatter than flat and didn't represent anything Dutch, despite being flat. Also Israel and Ukraine had no local flavour at all, generic contests that could have been held in any city. But as I said, Lisbon 2018 was big hit for me, loved it.

I think every 4 years there comes a truly iconic Eurovision, so I am excited. I hope the hosts are lovely and relatable, because although I love Italian music, I have a hard time relating to Italian people and their Eurovision spokespersons and 1991 Eurovision hosts were also kinda unrelatable to me.
1991? omg

nudiecrudi

I'm a little bit tired of reading again and again and again about the last Italian hosting. It has been 30 years ago, and even the stones know in which political and international conditions was organized. Due to the Gulf War it was removed from Sanremo to a tv&cinema studio in Cinecittà. Yes the hosts were a bit random but nobody talks about the souless Swedish hosts next year, without any expression any emotion. Robots or humans? That blond male host seemed to have the same and only plastic expression all the time.
So I have to repeat it again and again and again. Things have changed a lot.
The Italian approach towards ESC is totally different and we have shown it with facts and results.

Mainshow

Veteran
I have never got it why there's so much to talk about the hosts. In my opinion, most of them are simply useless and a boring mess. They have to read previously written and scripted one liners throughout the show.
Nikki was great last year but I enjoyed her "Nikki labs" series way more than her hosting as well..

I'm really curious about what Italy and Turin is about to offer. I already enjoy the direction... I just hope we won't be getting another logo on a dark blue background.. apart from that, I am pretty sure that Italy will be able to deliver a great show.. the last san remo editions were highly entertaining and well-executed.

sucof

Francesca Montinaro explains: The scenography that we will see in Turin for Eurovision will be a novelty on all fronts, because the Palasport Olimpico is very different from the Ariston Theater

A-lister

Veteran
That's not unfair, that's true. Look at "Heroes". Would that have done as well without the light show? Or Russia 2016?

I do agree on the rest of your points tho

Well, that's just speculative though, so not hard facts.

But again, while those weren't personal favs of mine, many people still enjoyed the songs for what they were (heck Heroes even became somewhat of a radio hit in central-Europe and that's obviously without any visuals). Point is, if LEDs are used correctly they should be a tool to enhance entries to give a great visual feeling to the show. With that said, when LEDs are just used as pure distraction, or used without any purpose really, then yes they are not a plus but I think the option should remain.

empo21

Veteran
This looks very cool and futuristic. Much better than last years eye sore stage imo.

But...which part is the main stage?

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Beauty of sound would be better tbh. A sun theme would be quite hot though. xheat hope it's true.

Top Bottom