So, I go seek inner signs, or a calling
The more freedom I gain
The less real life I'm recalling​

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Like It
Reactions: Mrm

rasmuslights

Veteran
OK so they are holding another camp at the Bulgarian beach and I'm kinda worried...

they have Vasil, the songwriter of Here I stand, and another fad Macedonian songwriter who wrote their songs in 2000 and 2002... like when you look at the songwriters last year and compare them with these 3... hmm... why do they think that basically, 3 flops would do better than songwriters that got them 10th(11th) place in the final and 3rd place in a semi...

hopefully that they are not writing for eurovision but are just there to write a couple of songs for Vasil... because I do not get this shift.

EscGeek

Veteran

hijirio

Veteran
Chalgaria > Boringia

I feel like :bg: has been absent from the contest since 2016.

Yes, now they are much more successful.
But the old Bulgaria was in my top 5 every single year and I doubt any country will ever manage to be that consistently fabulous year after year

njdevils94

Veteran
It looks like BNT has selected rock band Intelligent Music Project as their 2022 representative at Eurovision.

empo21

Veteran
That's so different from what they've been doing the last few years, but makes sense after the success of rock music. Has sending a similar song as the previous winner ever worked out, though?

Something interesting, the lead vocalist also said that it's not even fully official yet as he's expecting to sign the contract with BNT in the following week.

Another thing (but his audio started going bad so I couldn't make it out) - something about collaborating with international artists in order to get votes. This could mean Swedish songwriters or something similar to Equinox, but looks like they're focusing on the televote.

****some ps

The man in the interview is not the lead vocalist, but a businessman - founder of the group, who also writes/produces their music. It has had Bulgarian and foreign musicians, so his words about international collaborators might just mean the concept of this group (or label im not fully sure).

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
I didn't even believe it at first o_O I've seen that news 10 hours ago in a local Varna media and I skipped it thinking "lol, another act using ESC name for hype so early" :lol: What a random messy reveal, and I love it. Well, the rock won... but it's totally different, more old school. Can't wait to see what they come up with, to impress the televoters.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
It's clearly fake, if it had been true the news would've been reported in all the ESC-websites and by BNT by now, when they didn't even mention ESC in the evening TV news.

MiraWarninyi

It's clearly fake, if it had been true the news would've been reported in all the ESC-websites and by BNT by now, when they didn't even mention ESC in the evening TV news.
This is not a random radio station, smartass, it's BNT's own radio with EBU membership. I don't think they would lie for people like that and the radio would follow their possible roleplay

soulm8

No way! Such a random choice and way to serve it! I’m surprised not in a good way.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
And also, after Finland won ESC in 2006, in 2007 Andorra, Austria, Croatia, Czech Republic, France, Iceland, Israel, Montenegro, Spain and Sweden, participated with an entry that clearly tried to copy that concept, and all of them flopped really HARD. Is that what Bulgaria wants? To take part in 2022 with an entry that would clearly give them a bottom 3 placement in the semifinal?

Biscuit02

I... don't know how to feel about this, sending a rock song imo would be a mistake, we have seen everytime that a song in the style of the last winner never wins, also this announcment feels really random given that it's not coming from BNT, I haven't even heard of ''intellegent music project'' before

I atleast hope that the song will be in bulgarian to stand out at the very least, but if not then mehh, I don't like the direction that we are going in ESC in general now, yes we failed to qualify basically every year before 2016, but atleast I liked what we sended now since 2016, I have only really liked 2016 and 2020, 2021 was good but it was obvious it wasn't goint to do that well.

I am still hoping that this doesn't end up true but I am not holding my breath, maybe a NQ will show BNT that they should go back to more geniune and sincere entries but if not then idk, I will wait for the song of course before judging but it is not looking good imo.

Sammy

Veteran
And also, after Finland won ESC in 2006, in 2007 Andorra, Austria, Croatia, Czech Republic, France, Iceland, Israel, Montenegro, Spain and Sweden, participated with an entry that clearly tried to copy that concept, and all of them flopped really HARD. Is that what Bulgaria wants? To take part in 2022 with an entry that would clearly give them a bottom 3 placement in the semifinal?
In what musical universe are Austria, France and Spain in that year a copy of Lordi??? The don‘t even ressemble one another and are completely different styles!xrofl

Grinch

Bulgaria trying something new and original every year is praiseworthy.

Btw, the number of people on this forum who don't know what rock music is and what rock music's subgenres are is alarming.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

how the hell is this Spain copying Lordi? :lol:

If they were copying they've done a shocking job at it.

Top Bottom