Contact us

SOLENTOYA || Goody Bye. Au Revoir. Adios. Auf Wiedersehen. Arrivederci & so on.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
divider.png

top-title.png

divider.png

flag-and-tv-title.png

flag-smaller.png
tv-logo-smaller.png

divider.png

about-solentoya.png

HEAD OF STATE - King Felipe I Castello-Ramos
PRIME MINISTER - Safiyah Aydin (assumed office January 2020)

CAPITAL - San Luciana
LANGUAGE - Solish, Hae (Minority)
POPULATION - 45,986,595 (2019 estimate)
CURRENCY - Sol (§)

For more information head on over to our wikia page

divider.png

Last edited:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
tv-sol1.png

In Partnership with Visit Solentoya, our national tourist board responsible for international
and national promotion of Solentoya as a holiday destination, we've designed 4 posters showcasing
just what Solentoya has to offer. See below and look out for them
appearing on a billboard near you!

culture.png

Diverse.png

sun-sea-sand.png

Wildife.png

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
These posters look so professional I just can't xheat
I just so happen to be in dire need of a vacation and might betray my love for mountains to enjoy some beaches

theCONWEL

WorldVision & OM Mod
Staff member
Flights from Stellchard to San Luciana now selling at an alarming rate xheat

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
@tuorem She would rather travel across the whole Natia than to holiday at our riviera ✋🏻✋🏻✋🏻✋🏻😫😫

But ngl I can imagine even our sea principalities going for some hot weather :lol:

Why would Gaelle go to the Riviera of Griffin Empire when shes been offerd an all expenses paid luxury tour of Solentoyas holiday hot spots?

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
When you spend most of the year below 15°C, Solentoya sounds way sexier than Griffin beaches sorry sis xheat
Especially when I'm treated like the queen I am xqueenbitch

tuorem

@tuorem She would rather travel across the whole Natia than to holiday at our riviera ✋🏻✋🏻✋🏻✋🏻😫😫

But ngl I can imagine even our sea principalities going for some hot weather :lol:
I will not address the "Edweis-gate", but it is difficult to compare to the "land of the Sun" in terms of climate all year round, it goes without saying. Not to mention Solentoya has a solid reputation in the touristic department: travellers know they'll get what they look for when they set foot there. Their marketing campaign here in Tybalteva is going crazy as well.

But keep your chin up, as we are not exactly attracting the same kinds of visitors. :) I would be more worried about ::sol stealing tourists if I were ::mat or ::bal: those are direct competitors. :p

I myself had the pleasure to experience the Solentoyan seaside a few times, since my mother moved to Valamaia when she retired. But I prefer going in the springtime since I don't bear heat very well. Come with me to visit Belém and the inland sometime, I'm certain we could find some hidden gems far away from the crowd. ;)

Ashley, I love me some promotional poster. Well done! xheart

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I will not address the "Edweis-gate", but it is difficult to compare to the "land of the Sun" in terms of climate all year round, it goes without saying. Not to mention Solentoya has a solid reputation in the touristic department: travellers know they'll get what they look for when they set foot there. Their marketing campaign here in Tybalteva is going crazy as well.

But keep your chin up, as we are not exactly attracting the same kinds of visitors. :) I would be more worried about ::sol stealing tourists if I were ::mat or ::bal: those are direct competitors. :p

I myself had the pleasure to experience the Solentoyan seaside a few times, since my mother moved to Valamaia when she retired. But I prefer going in the springtime since I don't bear heat very well. Come with me to visit Belém and the inland sometime, I'm certain we could find some hidden gems far away from the crowd. ;)

Ashley, I love me some promotional poster. Well done! xheart

There are plenty of tourist hot spots to go around all offering something unique and interesting. xheart the "land of sun" is not the place to be if you're hoping for a skiing holiday. :lol:

I'm sure your mother loves Valamaia, a very vibrant, lively and culturally diverse city. It's certainly a unique place. You are probably better coming in the early spring/late winter for cooler temperatures. In our capital alone, the average for the height of summer is +30°C, although it often far exceeds that a lot. Whereas in Feb/March time the average is around +17°C.

You are right in that there are many hidden gems to find, not everything is advertised through our tourist board but where ever you go there will be something of interest. For a more slower pace there is ancient ruins of Cair Paravel in our Paravelia region to explore, or wine tasting to be found at many of the sprawling vineyards found across the interior of Arivaia.

We also have 2 massive cultural events that take part. The Festival of Lights held in Valle De Cereza, in which local people will decorate their houses and businesses in lights, lanterns, colourful pattern bunting to illuminate the entire area and then wear traditional clothing. On the final night people release lanterns into the air and lakes/rivers (although limited nowadays because of environmental problems these cause). These lanterns are suppose to signify the start of a new beginning, triumph of good over evil, light over darkness. it's very spiritual. There is also Carnaval de Solentoya, held in Guneskalia where there are huge elaborate parades of people in huge colourful dresses. It's a celebration with music, fireworks and just good times. Originally it was deeply connected to religion but it's since become more of a party event. Sol TV has hosted WLSC in line with both of these events in the past.

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It looks like the tourism drive of Solentoya is working, as billboards have suddenly begun popping up across Cydoni-Gibberia xshock

One was spotted outside of a hotel in the NSC 194 host city of Laskivé, near the bay;

hn5auU4.png

They've even been spotted up in Låpøtré - an eagle-eyed resident took a snap of the billboard in a prominent location in one of the island's largest towns...

XS1F48y.png

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
tv-sol1.png

While we were well under way with deciding our entry to send to Vylkuzeme, we're sad to announce that unfortunately
we will no longer able to take part and instead must go on a break. Schedule clashes (as with last year at this time)
means we are unable to provide the necessary amount of attention needed to NSC. While we will take part in the next
edition of WLSC, the one after is in question - watch this space. We will 100% be back for 198.

To every other country planning to take part in 197, Good Luck!

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
SdSrkKF.png

Sol TV invites each and every citizen across Natia to join us in helping us to choose our PQ entry!

We have 3 songs on offer. 2 From Be Ignacio, and 1 a collab between Maia and Maluma (the latter
of which has previously represented us). We would greatly appreciate if you guys could spend
around 10 minutes of your time listening to the 3 songs below and filling in the google form
linked below.

DEADLINE ::
November 12TH 23:59 CET

VOTING LINK :: [[LINK]]

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Thank you ::tan ::ros for voting!! :D

I'd appreciate it if a few more of you could vote also. I'm really struggling to decide which.

theCONWEL

WorldVision & OM Mod
Staff member
::tad has voted with a HOT favourite xheat

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Thank you ::kim for voting!

Just a few hours left, and the result is a tie between 2. I'd really appreciate it if someone could come in and break it.

[[LINK]]

Top Bottom