A volte non so esprimermi

E ti vorrei amare, ma sbaglio sempre
E ti vorrei rubare un cielo di perle
E pagherei per andar via
Accetterei anche una bugia

E ti vorrei amare, ma sbaglio sempre
E mi vengono i brividi, brividi, brividi​

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm predicting a second win in a row for Italy in 2022. Calling it now.
It would be nice. Not because Italy wins but because finally the ESC becomes a real and hard-fought competition where it is possible to win more than once. Until now it seemed to me that there was a "passing of the baton". Precisely for this reason I had hypothesized to eliminate the rule of "Whoever wins the ESC organizes the next edition". We should do like the World Cup or the Olympics with nominations. This also allows small nations not to be afraid of victory.

DanielLuis

It would be nice. Not because Italy wins but because finally the ESC becomes a real and hard-fought competition where it is possible to win more than once. Until now it seemed to me that there was a "passing of the baton". Precisely for this reason I had hypothesized to eliminate the rule of "Whoever wins the ESC organizes the next edition". We should do like the World Cup or the Olympics with nominations. This also allows small nations not to be afraid of victory.
It's not at all impossible for a host to win, the only reason it hasn't been any close to happening recently is simply because the hosts don't send strong entries. The only competitive ones really were Azerbaijan 2012 and Sweden 2016 and both got top 5 places.
Also, no way Eurovision hosting should come down to bidding. That takes away from the magic and uniqueness of Eurovision.

It's not at all impossible for a host to win, the only reason it hasn't been any close to happening recently is simply because the hosts don't send strong entries. The only competitive ones really were Azerbaijan 2012 and Sweden 2016 and both got top 5 places.
Also, no way Eurovision hosting should come down to bidding. That takes away from the magic and uniqueness of Eurovision.
I agree with what you write. I add that Denmark, Estonia and Turkey entered the Top 5. Perhaps in recent years the host nations are only interested in broadcasting a good show xcryThey should have been more competitive.

rasmuslights

Veteran
I agree with what you write. I add that Denmark, Estonia and Turkey entered the Top 5. Perhaps in recent years the host nations are only interested in broadcasting a good show xcryThey should have been more competitive.

well I do think the Netherlands in 2020 was quite competitive... not quite for a win but it could end up in top 10... 2021 was quite a mess imo. Portugal 2018 and Austria 2015 were also amazing but underrated...

sucof

A return of Amadeus is possible for Sanremo 2022.
Today's statements:

Amadeus, after the initial renunciation of a return to the Ariston, is now much more possible.

“When I am asked to do Sanremo it is always an honor and a prestige, even if it is for the third time. But precisely because I give a very high value to Sanremo, I think the third should add something more. I have always said that I have a splendid relationship with Rai and with the director of Rai Uno Coletta and the deputy director Fasulo. We are talking and talking, they know me and they know that for me the priority is that the conditions exist to make a Sanremo of rebirth "

The director of Rai1 Stefano Coletta was decidedly in favor of a renewal of the partnership with Amadeus:

“We've been talking about it for some time, he's obviously thinking about it. We need to understand what the expressive potential of a Sanremo will be. I think beyond the show his great work as an artistic director is undeniable, because going back from that kind of work would be a regression of the musical culture so I think that work should continue. We hope to go on vacation with a decision made "

affirmed the number one of the Rai flagship network, anticipating - together with the host - that a documentary will soon be broadcast on Rai1 which will tell the demanding realization of the last Sanremo. "It gives exactly the idea of the work of the hundreds of people who built that Festival" remarked Amadeus, while Coletta specified that the broadcast is scheduled for an access at the start of next season. “Now a lot of the audience is on vacation and I would like everyone to see it” commented the director of Rai1

hzalfa

Amadeus, after the initial renunciation of a return to the Ariston, is now much more possible.
My theory is that RAI wanted to ask Alessandro Cattelan to host Sanremo 2022, but then we won Eurovision and they want him to host Eurovision instead, so they asked Amadeus to do it again as an emergency measure.

Mimmon

Veteran
My theory is that RAI wanted to ask Alessandro Cattelan to host Sanremo 2022, but then we won Eurovision and they want him to host Eurovision instead, so they asked Amadeus to do it again as an emergency measure.
Could be true theory too....

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
The news of Raffaella Carrà's death is nothing less than a tragic loss for my country. She really was an icon who revolutionized the Italian showbiz.

Mimmon

Veteran
Its indeed sad day for Italy and Latvia when 2 legends passed away....
Rest in peace Raffaella she was indeed a icon and legend...

iwanna belovewithyou

Here, however, poor Raffaella blamed herself for twenty years of absences from Italy at Eurovision, the German presenter in fact asked her: Where have you been in all these years? (Of non-equity investments). Grande raffaella is as if you had acted as a sponge both by absorbing all the faults of our TV for not having participated .... and by washing all the past of non-participation in the esc and therefore forgiving and forgetting the faults of our TV. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceF8TLOZLSw

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Only now I'm realizing the impact that Raffaella's music had beyond the Italian borders.

Besides "A far l'amore comincia tu", with the versions Raffaella sang in other languages charting in several European countries, I'm seeing that Ajda Pekkan (:tr: 1980) covered it in Turkish in 1977 (this version is called "Sakın Sakın Ha") and the Dutch group Luv' covered it too in 1978 (this version is called "Don Juanito de Carnaval").

Raffaella's song "Tanti auguri" from 1978 was covered in the same year by Finnish singer Paula Koivuniemi ("Astun Aurinkolaivaan").

Raffaella's song "E salutala per me" from 1979 was covered the year later by Finnish singer Lea Laven ("Niin Paljon Rakkautemme Kestää") and in 1998 by Belgian singer Wendy van Wanten ("Denk Aan Mij").

Laven and van Wanten took part in the NFs of their countries once, while Koivuniemi did it multiple times.

Top Bottom