'Cause there’s nothing to regret
Well, this is not what I wanted
Guess all the good things come to an end

So baby bye, bye
Wish you the best
But most of alI I wish that I could love you less
Well, maybe you're right
I'll find someone else
You say it isn't me, but when did that ever help?

Hold me closer
Although you'll leave before the sunrise
I'll be bleeding, but don't you mind, I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
I found the right one at the wrong time
But until the sunrise
Hold tight, hold tight

Maybe it happened too fast
I guess that I understand
You say that you've never felt this way for anyone
And that's why it scares you to death

So baby bye, bye
Know it's for the best
Still I can't see how that would ease the pain in my chest

Hold me closer
I'll be bleeding, but don't you, mind I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
But until the sunrise
Could you just hold me tight?
I know, I have to let go, but just give me the night

'Cause tomorrow will hurt
Hurt really bad
'Cause I’m about to lose the best I ever had

Hold me closer
I'll be bleeding, but don't you mind, I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
But until the sunrise
Could you just hold me tight?
I know, I have to let go, but just give me the night (Hold me tight, hold me tight)

Can't you see that you found the right one at the wrong time?
It was just the wrong time
Hold tight, hold tight

Ekholmia

Sweden lovers must be very excited already. We are once again in a country beginning with A or I.

Italy 1991 - Sweden
Israel 1999 - Sweden
Azerbaijan 2012 - Sweden
Austria 2015 - Sweden
Israel 2019 - Sweden (illegitimate jury winner)
Italy 2022 - ???
Ha ha that was funny!

Fluke

Both Army of Lovers and Dr. Alban actually made an attempt, and flopped....

I'd kinda like to see YOHIO come back, if only to get some attention again, he's still just 25, and mainstream media hasn't really cared about him since 2014....

Curiously the second song is just 3 minutes, was it perhaps submitted for MF 2020?

Also hope for some modern pop songs in Swedish like Danny this year, or maybe a mix of Swedish and English, which is NEVER done in MF for some reason....

A-lister

Veteran
Both Army of Lovers and Dr. Alban actually made an attempt, and flopped....

I'd kinda like to see YOHIO come back, if only to get some attention again, he's still just 25, and mainstream media hasn't really cared about him since 2014....

Curiously the second song is just 3 minutes, was it perhaps submitted for MF 2020?

Also hope for some modern pop songs in Swedish like Danny this year, or maybe a mix of Swedish and English, which is NEVER done in MF for some reason....

Well, there is a good reason no one cared, he wasn't good to begin with...

I agree about songs in Swedish though, but no bi-lingual...

Mimmon

Veteran
If Yohio comes back I can see it happen with K-Pop or J Pop genre song...
I would love to see him back in Melfest...

Fluke

Did some quick research on how Swedish-language songs have done in MF. They really don't make top 8 that often, here's all the ones that have, including Jon Henrik Fjällgren's entries, which are kind of their own category, especially the first one which contained almost no Swedish, but i liked them anyway.

So the last year really was unusually good for Swedish, with the (IMO worthless guitar-strumming) Clara at 5th place and Danny at 7th with exactly the kind of Swedish song i'd like to see more of in MF. Otherwise there's rarely been more than one who didn't end up at the bottom in the final - in 2012 and 2011 there were none - which is also why favorites like "Fuldans" and "Boogieman Blues" are not included. Neither are, of course, songs like "Om om och om igen" that didn't even make the final, though they became hits in Sweden anyway.

My favorite of the rest would be "Kom" by Timoteij, one of the few that was really contemporary pop rather than a "joke" or weird genre entry. There really isn't much to say about the rest of them IMO.

Hasse Andersson wasn't bad, but i didn't really feel anything for it, and was surprised it did as well as it did. And in retrospect, "Snälla snälla" was pretty okay, i didn't like it at the time and it even had to go through Andra Chansen, but you gotta wonder how it would have done in Eurovision, and it's striking to observe that since then, none but JHF has even made the top 3!

I think MF needs to be better at choosing and promoting Swedish-language entries, and now with the new boss (whoever it will be?) that might change somewhat, or not. Either way, here's the stats:

2021 Clara Klingenström "Behöver inte dig idag" 5
Danny Saucedo "Dandi dansa" 7
2020 Anis don Demina "Vem e som oss" 5
2019 Jon Henrik Fjällgren "Norrsken (Goeksegh)" 4
2018 Samir & Viktor "Shuffla" 4
2017 Jon Henrik Fjällgren feat. Aninia "En värld full av strider" 3
2016 Panetoz "Håll om mig hårt" 8
2015 Jon Henrik Fjällgren "Jag är fri (Manne leam frijje)" 2
Hasse Andersson "Guld och gröna skogar" 4
2014 Linus Svenning "Bröder" 5
2013 Sean Banan "Copacabanana" 6
2010 Timoteij "Kom" 5
2009 Caroline af Ugglas "Snälla snälla" 2

A-lister

Veteran
Did some quick research on how Swedish-language songs have done in MF. They really don't make top 8 that often, here's all the ones that have, including Jon Henrik Fjällgren's entries, which are kind of their own category, especially the first one which contained almost no Swedish, but i liked them anyway.

So the last year really was unusually good for Swedish, with the (IMO worthless guitar-strumming) Clara at 5th place and Danny at 7th with exactly the kind of Swedish song i'd like to see more of in MF. Otherwise there's rarely been more than one who didn't end up at the bottom in the final - in 2012 and 2011 there were none - which is also why favorites like "Fuldans" and "Boogieman Blues" are not included. Neither are, of course, songs like "Om om och om igen" that didn't even make the final, though they became hits in Sweden anyway.

My favorite of the rest would be "Kom" by Timoteij, one of the few that was really contemporary pop rather than a "joke" or weird genre entry. There really isn't much to say about the rest of them IMO.

Hasse Andersson wasn't bad, but i didn't really feel anything for it, and was surprised it did as well as it did. And in retrospect, "Snälla snälla" was pretty okay, i didn't like it at the time and it even had to go through Andra Chansen, but you gotta wonder how it would have done in Eurovision, and it's striking to observe that since then, none but JHF has even made the top 3!

I think MF needs to be better at choosing and promoting Swedish-language entries, and now with the new boss (whoever it will be?) that might change somewhat, or not. Either way, here's the stats:

2021 Clara Klingenström "Behöver inte dig idag" 5
Danny Saucedo "Dandi dansa" 7
2020 Anis don Demina "Vem e som oss" 5
2019 Jon Henrik Fjällgren "Norrsken (Goeksegh)" 4
2018 Samir & Viktor "Shuffla" 4
2017 Jon Henrik Fjällgren feat. Aninia "En värld full av strider" 3
2016 Panetoz "Håll om mig hårt" 8
2015 Jon Henrik Fjällgren "Jag är fri (Manne leam frijje)" 2
Hasse Andersson "Guld och gröna skogar" 4
2014 Linus Svenning "Bröder" 5
2013 Sean Banan "Copacabanana" 6
2010 Timoteij "Kom" 5
2009 Caroline af Ugglas "Snälla snälla" 2

Interesting that you point it out, I think there are clear reasons as to why Swedish language entries haven't done very well most of the times.

SVT/MF team thus far has basically ridiculed the Swedish language music by purposely choosing mostly joke or "dead-at-arrival"-entries in Swedish that for obvious reasons wouldn't stand a chance in the competition, even Christer Björkman himself openly pushed for translations of Swedish language entries if they actually would win. It's obvious that SVT/MF team hasn't kept up with the times, seeing that Swedish language has had a revival on our local Pop scene for the past decade and now I'd argue that even a majority of our biggest local names sing predominately in Swedish, yet SVT/MF team is continuing with their little bubble contest that has little to do with how our actual contemporary music scene looks like.

I really don't know how the new boss will act, if the team remains the same in general I'm afraid we won't see any much needed changes to the format, however the new boss might be open to more Swedish as she seems less Eurovision-focused than Björkman was and also SVT as a whole these days seem less invested in Eurovision which at least from the prospect of it could result in a more "inwards-turning" Melodifestivalen which actually could be a good thing. What I am afraid of though is that MF will become an even more political tool with the new boss, but that's another topic.

Ezio

Veteran
Clara Klingenström would have been a breath of fresh air in this Grand Final. Although the Top 8 this year are very strong, I think she could have broken through.

If 2022 comes up with something Swedish, it will make them look like a followers rather than trendsetters. Wasted chance in 2021.

Voices was just the epitome of a generic pop song.

A-lister

Veteran
Clara Klingenström would have been a breath of fresh air in this Grand Final. Although the Top 8 this year are very strong, I think she could have broken through.

If 2022 comes up with something Swedish, it will make them look like a followers rather than trendsetters. Wasted chance in 2021.

I agree on Clara and "Voices", but I don't agree that you're a "follower" for simply sending an entry in your own language.

Ekholmia

I would be really surprised if a Swedish language song were to win in 2022 anyway.

Fluke

Can he be back for revenge?

bstream

Well if there is anytime that he should try it's probably the right moment now, or rather next year. :D
Yeah, the Swedish “wall of success” is starting to show cracks… They may need to try something different finally

Realest

Also known as literally everyone that took part in the last 3 years. Yes, promising indeed.
Melfest will be in need of a full reset again soon.

I prefer good Returnees over bad Newcomers like most of the Time in the last 3-4 Years.

Realest

I prefer good newcomers over mediocre returnees ththough.

Me too, but unfortunately that hasnt been the Case the last few Years, NJ.

Top Bottom