Contact us

Euro 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamieBrown

I think its becoming more and more likely that UEFA will revert to a single host for the euros this summer, despite the fact that they wont say it publically yet.

Its becoming harder and harder to see how the Euros in the current format will go ahead given how behind the EU is in terms of vaccination rates.

If UEFA do opt for a single host, its looking certain that the UK is the only viable place to hold it in given the vaccination rates here.

Slightly missed my point I guess :D

I was not doubting the UEFA coming off the plan to have a transcontinental championship. I was just questoning if they would really decide against Russia, just because of doping agency. Seems in this case they have to tho...

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
As much as I love Eurovision, it's undeniable that Euro 2020, just like any other football championship, is better when it comes to determine what country is better than the other. I mean, in football you need to be really good and physically, technically strong on your own, you can't rely on hordes of crazy fans hyping you, or on a singer with a pretty face to get votes.

Milos-BC

Looking forward to the championship xcheer As we didn't qualify, I can watch everything in peace and root for good football.

Milos-BC

Great start for :it: and a really good second half. I like the :tr: team and I hope they will find a way to recover until the next match.

Today's games will be super interesting.

mauve

Veteran
I am so glad that it finally started! No time for after-ESC-depression. But my depression will come along the way the past weeks. Probably another "zero points", this time in soccer. Unless the soccer God isn't a German-Fan, we will say Goodbye quite soon. Will Italy win the soccer cup just as in ESC?

I am so glad that it finally started! No time for after-ESC-depression. But my depression will come along the way the past weeks. Probably another "zero points", this time in soccer. Unless the soccer God isn't a German-Fan, we will say Goodbye quite soon. Will Italy win the soccer cup just as in ESC?
Mauve you don't have to be depressed. When you're down in the dumps, come here to the forum. You will find many friends who love you.

Euro 2020 has finally started. In football, however, an Italian woman journalist said well, there are no predictions. Obviously there are the favorite teams but the ball is round and can anything happen? Would anyone have thought that Denmark, Greece and Portugal would win the European football championships? Would Italy have ever thought of being defeated in 1966 by the North Korea of the dentist Pak Doo Ik? Would we Italians have ever thought of not qualifying for the 1958 and 2018 World Cups by being defeated by Northern Ireland and Sweden? What I know is that Germany has a great football tradition and that often the "less brilliant" teams manage to triumph (Italy has almost always won by suffering and almost always by "non-favorite").

In these three years, Italy has shown that it is reconstructing a football scene that was lost: victim of the "generational change", of the presumption of calling itself "Italy" and of not believing in our young people. Mancini did a great job and now our national team is complete in every department. The Italian national team does not have phenomena like Mbappè or Ronaldo but is made up of veterans and young people who know how to play football, are close-knit and determined. What I'm enjoying is that we have managed to modernize our defensive football, all heart and racing and evolve it into a football of "front-wheel drive defense and intelligent ball possession". We are not the favorites but France, Belgium and Portugal are favorites. Then there is the competition from Germany, Spain and England. I don't know who will win but we will fight until the last second (hoping that the "God of penalties" is not against us haha).

Anyway ... if Italy were to win Euro 2020 here in the forum the haters would drool with anger! 🤣

Denmark vs Finland has been suspended! Eriksen passed out and the doctors also applied heart massage! He shows no signs of recovering! I hope it's nothing serious ...

heke1988

Hopefully Eriksen is fine and alive. Firstly it looked, that he was unconscious, but situation was much worse. Much love and thoughts to all Danish and Eriksen's family!

heke1988

Thank god he's alive and his situation is stable. I hope they won't continue match after this and game will be played sometime later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom