Contact us

EUROVISION 2021 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

heke1988

Måneskin has 8 songs on Finnish TOP 50 Spotify-list:

1# Zitti e buoni 186 355
3# I Wanne Be Your Slave 116 407
6# Coraline 40 912
14# Torna a casa 29 957
21# Vent'anni 26 617
34# For Your Love 20 418
45# Moriró da Re 17 073
50# Beggin' 16 185

Phenomenon has indeed born.

heke1988

1.15€
not super expensive for our life standard but also not spare change

I voted only twice (:rs: :sm:) and both received 0 from our televote xcrazy

Well I voted two times Greece on semi-finals (two euros) and again Two times Greece and both Ukraine and Italy one time, so I spent 6 euros.

Greece got 2 points from our televote in semi-finals and 0 in GF, but Ukraine got 10 and Italy 8, so my money didn't wasted.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Well I voted two times Greece on semi-finals (two euros) and again Two times Greece and both Ukraine and Italy one time, so I spent 6 euros.

Greece got 2 points from our televote in semi-finals and 0 in GF, but Ukraine got 10 and Italy 8, so my money didn't wasted.
I knew :ua: and :it: would get our votes so I focused my efforts on others but oh well :lol:

alyrin

But Estonia... 1,40? :rolleyes:
1,60 and yeah we are very rich apparently (it costs that much to vote in eesti laul too) xqueenbitchit used to be around 0,90 a few years ago so i have no idea why there was a sudden jump in price

BorisBubbles

Veteran

NikolaiMoller

Veteran
Ergebnistafel.jpg

What do you think about the scoreboard?

There was a slight evolution, when they added up the points in a separate column this time, which was something that I liked.

Nowadays, there is no charm to logos. Every design is optimized for smartphones, but on a big ass TV screen, I still want to see texture for the HD resolution.

Other than that, I am not fond of the blue background, the pink rankings and the very bright flags. I miss the scoreboards from 1996 to 2016. Every year different and mostly nice.

The scoreboard is awful as well, because it is so simple, and lazy. It feels like time stood still in the graphic department.

I kinda like the reformed logo since 2015, but I am worried they'll ruin it soon enough as well.

I want scoreboards like in 2004 !!!

hqdefault.jpg

Toposcoupe

Eurovision in the Dutch Single Top 100:
1 NEW Måneskin - Zitti e buoni
3 NEW Barbara Pravi - Voilà
15 NEW Daði og Gagnamagnið - 10 Years
16 NEW Gjon's Tears - Tout l'univers
19 NEW Go_A - Shum
22 NEW Blind Channel - Dark Side
25 NEW Måneskin - I Wanna Be Your Slave
29 NEW Davina Michelle - Sweet Water (interval act)
30 83 Jeangu Macrooy - Birth Of A New Age
31 NEW Elena Tsagrinou - El diablo
36 NEW Destiny - Je me casse
44 NEW Efendi - Mata Hari
45 NEW Stefania - Last Dance
47 59 Duncan Laurence - Arcade (54 weeks)
49 NEW The Roop - Discoteque
56 NEW Tusse - Voices
65 NEW Tix - Fallen Angel
70 NEW The Black Mamba - Love Is On My Side
78 NEW Eden Alene - Set Me Free
79 NEW Senhit ft. Flo Rida - Adrenalina
80 NEW James Newman - Embers
81 NEW Manizha - Russian Woman
86 NEW Duncan Laurence - Stars
89 NEW Hooverphonic - The Wrong Place
92 NEW Måneskin - Coraline

Source: https://dutchcharts.nl/weekchart.asp?cat=s

empo21

Veteran
I think the producers saw the live-on-tapes and said 'we have to make Rotterdam happen asap'

Everything was basically dark and underwhelming.

A point: Latvia live on tape >>> Latvia live on stage

crashworld

Veteran
I watched it and regret it. :pl: was the Best and that says a Lot.

Yes, I am surprised Poland came out the best. They did go all out to make the staging really cool. Rafal of course is masked behind the layers of backing vocals but at least it's a better performance than he did in Rotterdam.

I am not expecting much for the 'live-on-tape' performances to be honest considering most are done in the local broadcaster's studio. Following Poland (which I think is the best), I think Austria and North Macedonia did a good job too. Czech Republic (love the overhead LED screens and Benny sounds better), Slovenia, Romania (Roxen for once sounds alright) and Georgia are pretty decent. Latvia is somewhat the TV studio version of the ESC performance. The others are basically the NF's performances.

If I am to rate based on the staging performances:

1. Poland
2. Austria
3. North Macedonia
4. Czech Republic
5. Australia
6. Croatia
7. Romania
8. Estonia
9. Slovenia
10. Denmark
11. Georgia
12. Latvia

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
With the live-on-tape performances a lot of artists sounded better, but quite predictably the staging was way worse and incredibly underwhelming... all except for one: Poland. Wow. It looked fantastic. Totally captured the vibe of the song perfectly. Super eye-catching stuff. Rafal would have benefitted competing with that video instead of his actual ESC performance.

Zeus

Poland? Visually maybe, but vocally it wasn't even close to being the best.

mauve

Veteran
I also liked Poland the best, followed by Austria. The rest was very underwhelming ... I will still see the GF tomorrow and hope for some surprises.

Lance Esgard

Live-On-Tape Review:

For all of the performance, they are colder than the Eurovision counterpart (barring Australia which doesn't have one). The lack of an audience means there is an absence of added warmth given by the underlying noises of the crowd.

Slovenia: Basically the official video (taken from EMA 2021 performance) but with a bad echo to the vocals. Staging a lot worse than what Eurovision had, but the small plus if that she isn't demanding the audience to sing.

Australia: Exactly what was used for Eurovision. Because of that its easy to not really consider it as if looking at it for the first time because it is nothing new, but if these live-on-tapes were all used, to me this clearly had the best overall package.

North Macedonia: Vocals are similar but the experience is considerably worse. The staging is along similar lines but is not as well developed and the performance is a lot colder, lacking the emotion in the eyes Vasil had at Eurovision.

Croatia: The vocals are less polished and less well supporting by backing vocals and the lighting is too dark. Sometimes the staging looks better (the Eurovision performance sometimes looked too busy) but lacks LED visuals which looked better at Eurovision. Basically National Final staging.

Romania: A lot weaker visually, but the vocals are a lot better and the choreography doesn't make as heavy a demand on Roxen. Clothing of the dancers is too drab, but I actually preferred Roxen's styling. If this choreography had been used with the rest of the camera angles, visuals and effects of the Eurovision performance, Romania would have done better.

Estonia: Vocals are much better on the live-on-tape but the staging is considerably worse. Basically the National Final staging.

Czech Republic: Vocals are much better on the live-on tape but there is also a robotic effect added to the vocals (vocoder?) which I really don't like. Still the performance overall is a lot better. It has a vibe like that of an underground party, which works well for both the song and for Benny himself. The energy feels better. Overall better than their Eurovision performance.

Austria: The very start is a lot better, but otherwise a lot worse. Eurovision had better staging and was a lot less cold because of the very visible emotion in Vincent's eyes. The live-on-tape is a lot more clinical.

Poland: Staging much better and because vocals are bad either way, this is clearly better than their Eurovision performance.

Georgia: Creeeepy. Pardon the strong wording, but the intense looks with those lyrics gave me the vibe of watching a sex offender at a surprisingly well-produced prison talent show. The live-on-tape is more memorable and memeworthy, but the Eurovision performance is closer to having the intended effect on viewers.

Latvia: Better vocals, worse staging. The mixing means the backing vocals really swells up in a way that I think works well.

Denmark: Basically their National Final performance. Compared to Eurovision staging is different but not necessarily worse as the smaller stage can add to the retro feel. The jump pose is missing though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom